• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

but now time is all am worried with
If u want to get some kind of assurance on this page i dont think u will. Only u will be congratulated wen the Visa is issued or will be pitied wen it is denied both side of the coin is true. Nonetheless u still have to 30th of September.I always find this statement here WE KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED!! its not about time its about when u see your status changing to Issued.

What's the point in giving "assurance" when no one has any idea how long it will be? We prefer realism to false hope. By all means if you have any special insight feel free to offer "assurance", but none of us here work in the consulates or departments involved in AP to pretend to know how long anything will actually take. All we know is that there often seems to be a push near the end of the fiscal year to clear the DV cases (so maybe that is some assurance) but we also know every year there are cases that don't clear in time.

What's the point in giving "assurance" when no one has any idea how long it will be? We prefer realism to false hope. By all means if you have any special insight feel free to offer "assurance", but none of us here work in the consulates or departments involved in AP to pretend to know how long anything will actually take. All we know is that there often seems to be a push near the end of the fiscal year to clear the DV cases (so maybe that is some assurance) but we also know every year there are cases that don't clear in time.
your right Suisse

Your case cannot be finalized until you provide the forms and the medicals. So - is there no other approved doctor???
just a quick update, we went to the embassy last Tuesday with baby without medicals. They asked to come with medicals in order to finalize our case. What was good is they activate Ds 260 for the baby when we gave them the birth certificate and reopen my DS260 to add the baby as my child. They asked to complete the DS 260 and medicals which we do the same Tuesdays and go back to the embassy the Wednesday. They keep the 3 passport and gave us a green ticket in order to collect passport with visa this Thursday. Friday my status date changed but still on AP and the status for my husband and daughter changed from ready to AP, I guess it's the normal AP. I agree with you Britsimon, this program is a real lesson learn in patience. We have been waiting since 26th of January, hope it will be fine this time. I wish all the best to all those who are still under AP
Thank you all for your guidance and advices, was so helpful.
I will keep you posted

victory is ours guys......................
today i received my visa
my interview where on 13th of june
my case needed further ap
status changed to issued 7th aug
education vertification,then only kept my high school certi when i was on ap
3 others cleared todaaaaaaaaaaaaay
us embassy,khartoum(sudan)
i hope all of you cleared this month ....best wishes

have faith

victory is ours guys......................
today i received my visa
my interview where on 13th of june
my case needed further ap
status changed to issued 7th aug
education vertification,then only kept my high school certi when i was on ap
3 others cleared todaaaaaaaaaaaaay
us embassy,khartoum(sudan)
i hope all of you cleared this month ....best wishes

have faith
hope everything works out to all of us

Hi again,
I want to thank everyone here who is providing help and advice, specially the moderators "simon, susie, sm1smom, and all"
you have really been of a great help. and this blog is amazing to introduce AP cases to each other, it helps to feel that someone understands your situation....

We just received our passports back with the visa (after 250+ days of AP)
and it seems that they do push cases to be issued at the end of the fiscal year because 3 more cases in KL, Malaysia has been issued this month too.

I wish all those who are still waiting to be issued asap

My question now is that the address we provided in DS260 to receive the GC has changed, how can we change it in their systems?

Thank you
Regards

Hi Simon. Went today with family for our appointment. All went well until the CO gave us back our originals with passport and kept our bby'copy of BC and a copy of our marriage certificate. The CO then gave us a pink sheet requesting additional proof of our my relationship to husband and bby. I've been reading through this tread and saw that when u are on AP,normally your passport is not returned to u. But in our case,we got our passports back with the original academics,the two pictures of me and husband,they kept the baby's picts. I don't know what it means. Can anyone advice?

A correction, we waited for 190+ days before they issued it......

Congratulations on getting the visas!

When you enter the US, give the new address to the CBP officer who processes you at entry - they will update the system then.

Hi Simon. Went today with family for our appointment. All went well until the CO gave us back our originals with passport and kept our bby'copy of BC and a copy of our marriage certificate. The CO then gave us a pink sheet requesting additional proof of our my relationship to husband and bby. I've been reading through this tread and saw that when u are on AP,normally your passport is not returned to u. But in our case,we got our passports back with the original academics,the two pictures of me and husband,they kept the baby's picts. I don't know what it means. Can anyone advice?

There's no 'normal' about whether or not passports are returned if on AP - some are, some aren't. They clearly are not sure that the marriage and baby parentage details are genuine judging by what you were told and the copies they kept - to compare to the evidence you need to send. Advice is to stop worrying about these details and get the required info the embassy needs as soon as you can. You don't have a lot of time before fiscal year end to sort it all out.

Am glad for those of u who already had ur visas at hand and for those of we not yet, we still have 40 days to go friends. Keep hoping!

Were you married at the time of your eDV registration? And have you both been living together all the time?

Like Susie already said, there isn't much time left. So what you have to do right away is send whatever it is the embassy has requested for

Hi again,
I want to thank everyone here who is providing help and advice, specially the moderators "simon, susie, sm1smom, and all"
you have really been of a great help. and this blog is amazing to introduce AP cases to each other, it helps to feel that someone understands your situation....

We just received our passports back with the visa (after 250+ days of AP)
and it seems that they do push cases to be issued at the end of the fiscal year because 3 more cases in KL, Malaysia has been issued this month too.

I wish all those who are still waiting to be issued asap

My question now is that the address we provided in DS260 to receive the GC has changed, how can we change it in their systems?

Thank you
Regards

You can't change the details in the DS260. Most of it doesn't matter, now. However, the one thing you may need to update is the address that the GC will be sent to in the USA - and that can be changed one last time - at the POE when you go through immigration for the first time. Make sure YOU bring it up to the immigration officer.

Were you married at the time of your eDV registration? And have you both been living together all the time?

Like Susie already said, there isn't much time left. So what you have to do right away is send whatever it is the embassy has requested for
Iwas single when entering the edv. But started the marriage process before the results and got married later. My baby was born a year after our wedding. Anyway,I agree tat nothing else to do than submitting the additional proofs. Already sent what we had on hand. We hope that they will convince the CO about the genuinty of our case. Shall keep you posted

Iwas single when entering the edv. But started the marriage process before the results and got married later. My baby was born a year after our wedding. Anyway,I agree tat nothing else to do than submitting the additional proofs. Already sent what we had on hand. We hope that they will convince the CO about the genuinty of our case. Shall keep you posted

Looks like they're trying to verify the genuineness of your marriage since it happened after your DV selection - and it seems like you didn't adequately prepare for this. You needed to have gone with more proof of evidence than two photos of both you and your husband. Anyway, since you've sent in the additional information they requested, all you can do now is wait and keep your fingers crossed.

just a quick update, we went to the embassy last Tuesday with baby without medicals. They asked to come with medicals in order to finalize our case. What was good is they activate Ds 260 for the baby when we gave them the birth certificate and reopen my DS260 to add the baby as my child. They asked to complete the DS 260 and medicals which we do the same Tuesdays and go back to the embassy the Wednesday. They keep the 3 passport and gave us a green ticket in order to collect passport with visa this Thursday. Friday my status date changed but still on AP and the status for my husband and daughter changed from ready to AP, I guess it's the normal AP. I agree with you Britsimon, this program is a real lesson learn in patience. We have been waiting since 26th of January, hope it will be fine this time. I wish all the best to all those who are still under AP
Thank you all for your guidance and advices, was so helpful.
I will keep you posted
My daughter status and mine has been changed to issued since yesterday. My husband status is still under AP.
Please advise, hope his status will change before Thursday.
Thanks

Today we receive our passport with visas (my daughter and me) but my husband is under AP. They give him DV 221 G form saying they will contact him when the process is finalized.
Why did they request him to redo medical and retain his passport if they did not intend to give him Visa. Since the beginning, my husband case was ready and mine on AP.
I don't understand why did they wait all this time to start looking at my husband application and declare his case need administrative processing.
I am very sad with situation and no longer have hopes to immigrate with him.

Today we receive our passport with visas (my daughter and me) but my husband is under AP. They give him DV 221 G form saying they will contact him when the process is finalized.
Why did they request him to redo medical and retain his passport if they did not intend to give him Visa. Since the beginning, my husband case was ready and mine on AP.
I don't understand why did they wait all this time to start looking at my husband application and declare his case need administrative processing.
I am very sad with situation and no longer have hopes to immigrate with him.

First, there is still 5 weeks left of the fiscal year.
Did they give a reason on the 221g form?
Second, if for some reason he doesn't get it, you can still sponsor him to immigrate after you go. Yes it will take longer, but it is not the same as no hope.

As to your comment on the previous statuses, often they will only update the principal with AP and leave the other at ready.

Hoping he gets cleared soon...

Hello ,
Thank u for great help done by the members of this forums especially the moderators .
I m DV winner of 2016 .
3 march i did the interview , and th CO give me handout paper included the alien numbers and DOS of how to pay GC fees .
5 march i paid the fees ,
7 march sent me email putting me on AP and return back my passport ,
1 Aug i sent them email ask about the progress of my case ,
4 Aug they call me told me they were about to issue my visa and gived me two choice either issue the visa soon and travel before 18 Aug ( time of my medical exam expiration ) or renew the medical check so i choiced to renew the Medicals ,
15 Aug i sent them back the Medicals test with passports ( proof of DHL delivery at 15 Aug ) ,
Till now i m on AP and i sent them email about one week ago ask about delivery of my DHL package but no updated , no reply .
Wat is ur opinion ?

Thank u in advance for ur help