• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Congratulations !! Remember to pay the green card fee (online, look up USCIS immigrant fee if the info is not given with your visas), preferably before you go. That's the only formal thing that you need to do.
what about the social security number ? do i have to start any procedures once i entered USA?
also i made my medical test on 10th of march so do i have to travel to USA before 10th of September (the 6 months validity) or the only time limit is the visa expiration date?

what about the social security number ? do i have to start any procedures once i entered USA?
also i made my medical test on 10th of march so do i have to travel to USA before 10th of September (the 6 months validity) or the only time limit is the visa expiration date?

Visa expiry is the date you go by, it should be set to match the medical if that is sooner than 6 months.
If you ticked the box for SSN on your DS260, it should arrive automatically. Sometimes they don't; if you haven't received it within about 10 working days after entry then go visit a SSA office.

hi every body!
84 days passed still i am on administrative processing
dose any one knows how long dose it last?

second what dose below sentence mean?
for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing.

thank you

hi every body!
84 days passed still i am on administrative processing
dose any one knows how long dose it last?

second what dose below sentence mean?
for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing.

thank you

No one here can tell you precisely how long the AP may last.

The second part of your post means if your case is not approved by the end of Sept. 30th, you can no longer get the visa. It means that's the end of the case.

thank LORD finally after 112 days my status is ISSUED, waiting to receive my passports and rest of papers.
many thanks for our champions Simon, mom, Susie for their time, effort and support and i hope all AP cases to be cleared soon
and i would be more than grateful if you give links or threads for whats are the needed steps and advise till i reach USA and receive my green cards.

Nice!

Look at the limelight, It is very difficult to find a job in US with only high school diploma. Idea is with high school diploma a person can go to college to earn a degree. Now since you did not have that it would be difficult for you to go to college and get a decent job and earn a decent living. With your work experience alone it would be very hard to find a job (you will realize this if you come here). USA is not rose petals anymore. So in fact your IO did a favor to you by rejecting. Now move on with your life and earn a good living from wherever you live.
Hi, I'm curious, what do you mean by "USA isnot rose petals anymore"? Do you mean that it is better to remain where ones is instead of moving there with high school diploma?

Hi, I'm curious, what do you mean by "USA isnot rose petals anymore"? Do you mean that it is better to remain where ones is instead of moving there with high school diploma?
Just with high school diploma theres not much you can do. If you want to study and go to college and earn a degree then you should be fine. So whoever coming here just with high school diploma be prepared to study hard. If you dont have high school diploma (qualifying via doing an odd job) or you dont want to study it is better to stay in your own country than coming here. Infact I also know 2 people from my own country with just high school diploma came here and coulndt find anything substantial and left back to Sri Lanka to do their old jobs and gave up the GC in the process.

A friend mine we have been on Ap Together was denied/refused. According to him he was put on AP coz the derivative names where not matching so the embassy asked them to submit documents which prove that A is B. To him he submitted the documents. My question can a derivative coz a visa denial? am so perplexed by this.

A friend mine we have been on Ap Together was denied/refused. According to him he was put on AP coz the derivative names where not matching so the embassy asked them to submit documents which prove that A is B. To him he submitted the documents. My question can a derivative coz a visa denial? am so perplexed by this.
The "derivative" is by definition either the spouse or a child of the DV lottery winner. Of course they are related in terms of adjudication.

If it is determined the person one is trying to claim as a derivative does not fall within the category of a derivative, yes a 'derivative' may cause a visa denial.

We can't quite understand not try to explain what could have led to the denial in this particular case without you shedding more light, e.g.:

Was the derivative included on the eDV registration?
Is the derivative a spouse or a child?
Which of the names wasn't matching? Where are the names not matching? As listed on the DS-260 form compared to the identifying documents presented?

There's a lot we need to know to better understand what's going on here.

The wife is the derivative. I do not have all the information. but he said the identification documents had different names. i wont write false information all i wanted to understand was if a spouse or a child can cause that. Though i feel down

The wife is the derivative. I do not have all the information. but he said the identification documents had different names. i wont write false information all i wanted to understand was if a spouse or a child can cause that. Though i feel down

No one has insinuated or said you're providing false information. All we've asked for is additional information to better understand and try to explain why this person was denied.

No one has insinuated or said you're providing false information. All we've asked for is additional information to better understand and try to explain why this person was denied.

Exactly. Usually, if a derivative is denied it does not affect the principal applicant. So I am guessing the reason mom is asking is that this sounds unusual and therefore leads to speculation that the consulate suspected the derivative was not a genuine derivative - in which case the principal would also be denied (for trying to falsely add someone) or for adding someone after selection who should have been on the entry. The second case is a common cause for denial. The first less so but unfortunately sometimes genuine cases get denied as well if the applicant can't overcome the burden of proof.

120 days in AP and still waiting! :(
when we were interviewed they didnt ask anything about the sponsor and didnt request any documents or even his name.
They didnt even ask about our own bank accounts or anything related.
we werent given a reason for the AP but we're pretty sure it's a background check since we are from Syria..
my question is, can they ask about info regarding the sponsor later after the background check is done, because i doubt there will be any time left for that too!

120 days in AP and still waiting! :(
when we were interviewed they didnt ask anything about the sponsor and didnt request any documents or even his name.
They didnt even ask about our own bank accounts or anything related.
we werent given a reason for the AP but we're pretty sure it's a background check since we are from Syria..
my question is, can they ask about info regarding the sponsor later after the background check is done, because i doubt there will be any time left for that too!

Yes, they could ask for the sponsor at a later point, although that would be rare. What WILL need to be done is renewing your medical. You should plan for that (not do it, plan for it).

185 day .... they asked for the updated CV and copies of the old passport , they got it on 29 July and nothing after that :(

I would like to ask .
After AP is cleared to approval. does the status change to issued even when the applicant is still with the passport ? Or they wait for the the applicant to submit the passport and then the status changes.
reason why am asking is that. the friend who was refused only the CEAC tracker showed refused but the embassy has not contacted him yet. its where am deriving my question.

Hello, ,, had my interview by 2nd August and got on AP since ,,,,, consular told me ,,, they need to reconfirm or verify my high school degree in Morocco, ,,,, consular told me ,, that we will get back to you within 07 days by tele call ,,,,, I'm waiting now ,,,, but I also have idea ,,, that case in AP have no promises ,,,,

It was blue paper temporay refusal under 221g,,,,,,,consular circled AP box + concern embassy web page to check status ,,,, I'm not in tension ,,,, not frustrated ,,,, if things has to approved ,,,inshallah ,,,,, it will come ,,,,,,, :) hope is there to for said dV or eill apply the incoming DV :) again ,,,,,,,best of luck all,,,,, will be in touch ,,,,,,,

I would like to ask .
After AP is cleared to approval. does the status change to issued even when the applicant is still with the passport ? Or they wait for the the applicant to submit the passport and then the status changes.
reason why am asking is that. the friend who was refused only the CEAC tracker showed refused but the embassy has not contacted him yet. its where am deriving my question.

Refused is refused.