• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Happy New Year. As far as the immigration laws are concerned, would America be the strictest country in the world ?
I would have to say no. Think about it, no other country in the world offers an immigrant visa opportunity to tens of thousands of people annually with requirements as easy as high school! Furthermore, giving opportunity to millions of illegal immigrants to fix their status is something I haven't seen applied elsewhere!

Do you consider DV part of immigration policy? Even if so, it is 50K visas in a 300 million people country. Also, do you consider "amnesty" done through executive action every 30 years a part of immigration system?
So I agree with Hypohondriac, it is pretty strict.

Happy new year to all. I have a question I wanna ask to experts:
when I checked my case status//for the first time// today, i noticed that am on AP since 20 of October and last update was on 31 Dec. What does that mean?!
-my interview was on 1 October, I was told that my case had been approved but I need a new passport
-On 5 December, I submitted the passport, and then received a call from Embassy on the same day that it might take 2-3 days to pick the passport!
-On 8 December, I received a call to submit my CV and my PhD certificate!!
I thought AP started on 8 December!!! what does status update mean?!
thank you guys!

Happy new year to all. I have a question I wanna ask to experts:
when I checked my case status//for the first time// today, i noticed that am on AP since 20 of October and last update was on 31 Dec. What does that mean?!
-my interview was on 1 October, I was told that my case had been approved but I need a new passport
-On 5 December, I submitted the passport, and then received a call from Embassy on the same day that it might take 2-3 days to pick the passport!
-On 8 December, I received a call to submit my CV and my PhD certificate!!
I thought AP started on 8 December!!! what does status update mean?!
thank you guys!

The status update doesn't mean anything - it is simply when the case was "touched" in CEAC - but actually for this update it was the first upload - so ignore it.

The status update doesn't mean anything - it is simply when the case was "touched" in CEAC - but actually for this update it was the first upload - so ignore it.
Am i considered on AP since October 20//case created date//? or after submitting my passport, 2 months from my interview??

Am i considered on AP since October 20//case created date//? or after submitting my passport, 2 months from my interview??

You have been on AP since your interview date and will be on AP until they have the required forms, clear your case and request a new visa allocation.

You have been on AP since your interview date and will be on AP until they have the required forms, clear your case and request a new visa allocation.
Tnx Simon but I think you got me wrong. I sent everything I was asked for on the same date. I just wanted to know if my case has been under AP since 20 Oct, so its already 70 days, or after resolving 221 g on 5 Dec, that's it.

Last edited:
and BTW, I think my PhD field is the reason of my case being held under AP due to to what so called "TAL". Requirements are crystal clear; high school diploma or work experience!!

Tnx Simon but I think you got me wrong. I sent everything I was asked for on the same date. I just wanted to know if my case has been under AP since 20 Oct, so its already 70 days, or after resolving 221 g on 5 Dec, that's it.

I don't think Simon got you wrong. His response was/is correct. Your AP started right after your interview when they told you needed a new passport. People get put on AP for reasons ranging from incomplete/missing documents at the time of their interview (which is what originally happened in your case based on your account) to issues with background checks which is what I feel is currently going on with your case now.

Hi Dears,

I have submitted my DS-260 initialy on November 5, 2014 and then I added my daughter on December 1, 2014, till now and as of today January 3, 2015 I have NOT receive any email from CEAS appointing my interview, knowing that my Number is 2015AF 18xxx and visa bulletins showing that this January is 21000 from Africa, so please what to do? any problem in my case?

Hi Dears,

I have submitted my DS-260 initialy on November 5, 2014 and then I added my daughter on December 1, 2014, till now and as of today January 3, 2015 I have NOT receive any email from CEAS appointing my interview, knowing that my Number is 2015AF 18xxx and visa bulletins showing that this January is 21000 from Africa, so please what to do? any problem in my case?
hello omar

you were so late to submit the forms

if KCC keep on there sluggish processing until now you might get notified after 5 months of submitting the forms and it will be in march or April for may or June interview ,

NB THIS IS A PERSONAL OPINION

I'm with Zgreat. You submitted your form late. At the moment, it's taking between 3-4 months to process the DS260 so you won't be notified for a little while just yet.

In OC, we have one poster who went current in November but did not submit their DS260s until mid July. They missed both November and December interviews but have been scheduled for January.

So So, Too many at NVC are in the Asia list,I think that on this bulletin we have low current maybe on 4150!

Happy new year to all of you !

I'm currently waiting for my appointment to be scheduled at the Paris, France embassy.

Concerning the DS-2001 form mentioned earlier in this topic, I myself sent the DS-2001 to the embassy and they replied to me that I should send it to the KCC instead.
Which is strange because it's written everywhere that you don't send the KCC any paper document. This is not clear at all....

I submitted my DV-260 late August 2014, and my case number is EU00013xxx. (latest visa bulletin gives the cutoff number of 16 000 for January 2015)

Should I be worried not to have been scheduled yet ?

Thank you !