• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

What was the cut off for Europe in DV-2005 ? I know somebody who got selected, submitted their forms and they never heard from Kentucky again. Their case number EU258xx, was that over the cut off point for that year ?
Dear Experts, If this case number was lower than the cut off for the year and I PM'ed you the specific case number, is there any way to find out why this case was not processed further ?

Yes, they were above the cut -off which was 20600.
http://www.dv-info.site40.net/?mmskip=1

What was the cut off for Europe in DV-2005 ? I know somebody who got selected, submitted their forms and they never heard from Kentucky again. Their case number EU258xx, was that over the cut off point for that year ?
Dear Experts, If this case number was lower than the cut off for the year and I PM'ed you the specific case number, is there any way to find out why this case was not processed further ?

No there is no easy way....

Just check the number against the cutoff... That's all.

I see, thanks, that explains everything. Is there any particular reason why the cut off for Europe jumped from 20600 back then to 43k for DV-2014. Was this caused by one of big countries becoming ineligible, I guess ?

A question in relation to the DV visa fee. It's currently 330USD. I was looking up some older threads and I found that in the past this fee was as high as 775USD. Has it gone down over the years, which is unlikely or was it 775USD for 4 persons in 2010-2011 ?

A question in relation to the DV visa fee. It's currently 330USD. I was looking up some older threads and I found that in the past this fee was as high as 775USD. Has it gone down over the years, which is unlikely or was it 775USD for 4 persons in 2010-2011 ?
It was for one person. The explanation given below may help you understand well. It was posted by @Sm1smom.

Back then the green cards were being produced and delivered for free. The higher fees did not include the GC production as non of that fee was remitted back to USCIS which is the body responsible for producing the GC. All that money was considered to be the DV administrative fee. The fee eventually got reduced to $330, and the additional $165 payable to USCIS for the production and delivery of the GC also got added in February 2013 I believe

So the price has gone down ? 495USD still a lot cheaper than 775USD. Great time to be selected...

Many visa prices were changed. Some went up, some went down. Actually the sweet spot for DV visas was the approx 18 months after they brought the visa fee down to $330 but before they added in the $165 USCIS immigrant fee!

It's still fairer now. Imagine if you paid $755 and got denied the visa. You're better off paying for it at different stages as you go instead of paying up the full lump sum upfront.

Presumably people whose visa fees went up think it is less fair :rolleyes:
The point was to make the fees more appropriate for the actual costs involved.

I salute you guys!have just found my self in a slight mess,,in the ds 260 form I came across these question (do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with us law?) I filled the answer as yes simply because I thought they were asking the result of medical examination from iom of which it must be presented on the day of interview.should I email the kcc so I correct or what is the way forward since am worried they might ask for documents of which I do not have.

I salute you guys!have just found my self in a slight mess,,in the ds 260 form I came across these question (do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with us law?) I filled the answer as yes simply because I thought they were asking the result of medical examination from iom of which it must be presented on the day of interview.should I email the kcc so I correct or what is the way forward since am worried they might ask for documents of which I do not have.

The appropriate response should have been "NO", however selecting "YES" isn't going to be a show spoiler. So there's no need to unlock the form for that. You will have the required documentation following the medical exam.

Thanks sm1smom 4 the quick response i really appreciate ur assistance on these forum it isn't an easy challenge since one must be so vigilant not to loose the points.my case number is af780**,expecting to be interviewed on August or sept next year.have a lovely weekend forum mate.

The appropriate response should have been "NO", however selecting "YES" isn't going to be a show spoiler. So there's no need to unlock the form for that. You will have the required documentation following the medical exam.
OMG
Thx god u said ("yes" isn't going to be a show spoiler ) dear Sm1smom
Because I answered yes too
I thought when I translate all my vaccination records and show during med exam after dr confirmation every thing will be all right.......
E.thing ok ?

To Bristsimon
To Susie, Sm1smon and to all the participants of this forum I really thank you for your time that you took to reply to our different question during this long journey. Todays I would like to tell you that we have ours visas (my wife the baby and me) and we are now planing to travel to usa (Chicago).
To those still fighting for theirs I would like to tell you that the importants things to do is to follow the forum and also to be carefull with instruction of your embassy where you will be atteding your interview.

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

To Bristsimon
To Susie, Sm1smon and to all the participants of this forum I really thank you for your time that you took to reply to our different question during this long journey. Todays I would like to tell you that we have ours visas (my wife the baby and me) and we are now planing to travel to usa (Chicago).
To those still fighting for theirs I would like to tell you that the importants things to do is to follow the forum and also to be carefull with instruction of your embassy where you will be atteding your interview.

Congratssss. It's nice to hear new marriage ,new baby and then new greencards :) Wish you luck in your new life.

To Bristsimon

Congratulations. Have a bright and successful life in the US.

To Bristsimon

Congratulations and good luck in America !

To Bristsimon

Welcome