• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Putting 2 and 2 together the child is someone else's but it doesn't affect the status of the child who will be a US citizen anyway. If the husband is the father then omitting his name is just plain stupid apart from anything else, as she then would find it very difficult to claim child support from the father for the child.

Nailed it!

is processing time of AP based on the nationality of the applicant?! or the Embassy in which the interview has taken place at? I checked the websites of many US embassies around the world and I noticed that some says: within 60 days, others 90, and few 120 or more.

is processing time of AP based on the nationality of the applicant?! or the Embassy in which the interview has taken place at? I checked the websites of many US embassies around the world and I noticed that some says: within 60 days, others 90, and few 120 or more.

Processing time varies depending on whatever reason the AP is for and what turns up regarding the background check and how soon they're able to clear the person.

I can't check my status on ceac website!! It says invalid case number all the time, is this normal for dv2015 after interview?!

Not sure precisely what you wanted as a response, maybe someone else can provide an answer.
Dear Mom, I need to know what factor can affect the AP time frame, nationality or embassy?! For ex, the embassy I had my interview at, their website says 60 days, other embassies need more. I want to know what applies in my case.

Dear Mom, I need to know what factor can affect the AP time frame, nationality or embassy?! For ex, the embassy I had my interview at, their website says 60 days, other embassies need more. I want to know what applies in my case.

It does not matter what the website says, neither does nationality or the embassy. It is not like boiling an egg - after 60 days it is ready. NO - of course not!

AP times vary by case - there is no way to predict it OTHER THAN to say that the type of AP that is due to a missing document is usually pretty fast - you supply the document, and a few days later you are all set. However, if the AP crossed a month, that will typically delay things.

So no one can answer the question of how long your AP will last. It will take as long as they need. Not more, not less and there is nothing you can do to speed it up.

Didn't I explain all this before.....

It does not matter what the website says, neither does nationality or the embassy. It is not like boiling an egg - after 60 days it is ready. NO - of course not!

AP times vary by case - there is no way to predict it OTHER THAN to say that the type of AP that is due to a missing document is usually pretty fast - you supply the document, and a few days later you are all set. However, if the AP crossed a month, that will typically delay things.

So no one can answer the question of how long your AP will last. It will take as long as they need. Not more, not less and there is nothing you can do to speed it up.

Didn't I explain all this before.....
thank you Simon.

and btw Simon, boiling an egg doesn't take 2 months unless it's a dinosaur's one! ;)

LOL - yes - what I meant was you can't precisely time the closing of AP to 60 days, and in that way it is not like boiling an egg (which takes a predictable amount of time, but certainly less than 60 days).

By the way - we have seen AP cases that lasted days. We have seen others that going on for 6+months and never complete because the year ends.