• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

The blog on BritSimon about health insurance for green cardholders is quite good.
I tried it but something interesting most insurers do not want to touch Maryland.
Any ideas ?
I need to take a short duration cover yesterday.

HAPPY DAY! Today me and my wife got our visas approved, they'll be in our passports by Tuesday. YAY! :D :D :D
We both are thrilled and very grateful to all of you and this wonderfully supportive community. It was a roller coaster ride but we got there in the end. Good luck to anyone still going through the process and see you guys on the other side!
Cheers!

HAPPY DAY! Today me and my wife got our visas approved, they'll be in our passports by Tuesday. YAY! :D :D :D
We both are thrilled and very grateful to all of you and this wonderfully supportive community. It was a roller coaster ride but we got there in the end. Good luck to anyone still going through the process and see you guys on the other side!
Cheers!

Congratulations!

Greetings to this Forum. I came across this forum last week and I have been able to read quite a lot of information including the 70 questions for partners. I have my DV interview slated for 2nd week of September 2015. At the time I went in for the lottery (through a friend in the US) I was single and the friend who played for me didn't include my daughter's details. The winning result came just few months after my wedding and I decided to include my wife and daughter in the visa application. I am a little bit concerned about my daughter because their instructions require me to only include a child that was born after I went in for the lottery. However, my justification is that my daughter was not staying with me at the time I went in for the lottery so I couldn't provide my friend who played my DV lottery with her picture. I also have a lot of evidence (her birth certificate, pics with my daughter when she was just born, her school records as well as a Bank Account statement I had opened for her three years ago) to confirm that she is my daughter and a Law Officer is also providing us with an authentic affidavit to add to my supporting documents. My daughter is now 9 years old.

I would appreciate if the Admin of this forum can guide me on other essential documents that I would require. Any possible interview questions for children?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Greetings to this Forum. I came across this forum last week and I have been able to read quite a lot of information including the 70 questions for partners. I have my DV interview slated for 2nd week of September 2015. At the time I went in for the lottery (through a friend in the US) I was single and the friend who played for me didn't include my daughter's details. The winning result came just few months after my wedding and I decided to include my wife and daughter in the visa application. I am a little bit concerned about my daughter because their instructions require me to only include a child that was born after I went in for the lottery. However, my justification is that my daughter was not staying with me at the time I went in for the lottery so I couldn't provide my friend who played my DV lottery with her picture. I also have a lot of evidence (her birth certificate, pics with my daughter when she was just born, her school records as well as a Bank Account statement I had opened for her three years ago) to confirm that she is my daughter and a Law Officer is also providing us with an authentic affidavit to add to my supporting documents. My daughter is now 9 years old.

I would appreciate if the Admin of this forum can guide me on other essential documents that I would require. Any possible interview questions for children?

I'm afraid your case will be disqualified. The issue at hand is not a case of having to prove you're the parent which is the message I'm getting based on all the evidence you're claiming to have gathered to prove your relationship with her. The issue really is simply that of failure to include her on your initial eDV application. Your justification about her not staying with you at the time of the registration will most definitely not be accepted, I expect the KCC to have flagged this issue before forwarding your file to your applicable embassy.

Unfortunately as sm1smom has pointed out, your case will be denied. The instructions - both on the entry form and the instructions for selectees website - are very clear that failure to include existing dependents on the entry form is disqualifying. It's not a case of "hoping for better". It's the procedure they have to follow. You can try pursue it of course, but you will pay the fee for the interview only to be denied.

Thanks, I will continue to hope for the better.

I would love to respond by saying "no harm in hoping", unfortunately I know this isn't true. You will most likely be denied and loose the money paid for your interview - you will be getting off lightly if they allow you to pay for just one person (yourself) as against asking you to pay for all three only to end up being denied. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, simply trying to paint the picture as I see it.

As Mom and Susie have explained. you are wasting your money - you WILL be disqualified.

Greetings
I have a quick question, how long does it take for the embassy to contact you after your status change from AP to ISSUED? (Johannesburg embassy )
My husband and I were under AP for about a month but two weeks ego our status changed from AP to ISSUED but since we didn't receive an email or a phone call.

Thanks.

hello, if I enter US in November to activate the visas, and then return to my job for like 2-3 months, will that be ok?
or is it risky ?

Greetings
I have a quick question, how long does it take for the embassy to contact you after your status change from AP to ISSUED? (Johannesburg embassy )
My husband and I were under AP for about a month but two weeks ego our status changed from AP to ISSUED but since we didn't receive an email or a phone call.

Thanks.

Call them. We had similar but I just waited a few days before calling, and got "oh right, your visa's been issued, do you want to collect or do DHL"....

Cheers!
Congratulations GorMac. Did you receive your passports yet?
Also, can you share your experience? I will be on that embassy on the 10th of Sep, so I want to prepare myself on what to expect from the other experiences.

Thanks

Congratulations GorMac. Did you receive your passports yet?
Also, can you share your experience? I will be on that embassy on the 10th of Sep, so I want to prepare myself on what to expect from the other experiences.

Thanks

Hey LulKosova,

First off thank you :) We got our passports this Tuesday with the visas in them. A happy moment indeed as I'm sure you'll get to feel for yourself.

Our experience was generally ordinary I guess. We were scheduled for 8 am on the 27-th of august. We got there round 15 minutes early to find parking as the embassy has none available for visitors like ourselves. It's not that complicated as there are free spots along the road that leads up to it. There was quite a crowd waiting to get in that morning, we were told by the security personnel where to wait. When the time came they started calling out names, we were second to be called up.

Once they call you you enter the security check point where you pass through a metal detector. You are also required to leave most of your things there including cell phones so come as light as possible carrying only the essentials. After that you go to another building where the whole process takes place. You are again greeted by security personnel and once your turn comes you have your documents checked and properly ordered by a person who's sole job is that. BRING A COPY OF EVERYONE'S PASSPORT! Even though it's not stated so, you do need a copy of the passports of anyone applying with you. Also make sure you have up to date photos i.e. take new ones and not the same ones you applied with. It seems a lot of people make this oversight and are then required to make new ones during the same day if they wish to proceed. They only took one even though the rules say to bring two. After your documents get sorted out you are asked to wait until your name is called up. There are two rows of seats facing each other and the further one away from the entrance is reserved for immigrants while the first one is for everyone else :) a little fun fact for you.

Next you get called up to bring all your docs to the first filter where Macedonian personnel makes sure you fulfill all the requirements going through a checklist. They did ask for affidavit and/or proof of funds. It's recommended to have one though not compulsory, in that case however I guess it's up to the CO to decide if you're a risk or not. Personally I would not stress about that, especially if you can show you have work experience, a solid command of the language or close relatives or friends to welcome you. Next they ask you to pay the fee, 330 USD per person which we paid in cash, dollars naturally. After that they take your prints and then you wait to be called up by the CO.

The interview it's self is rather casual. Ours was in English although there is the option for a translator I think, albanian as well. After being sworn in they asked us if we were recently married and was it due to the DV lottery, which we confirmed and added that it would've happened anyway but the DV sped things up a bit :) They were ok with that and asked us a couple of more questions like where and how we met, anniversary date and such. All in all nothing out of the ordinary and nothing anyone genuinely in love will have a problem with. We also had photos of the wedding and other significant moments with us but they didn't ask for them. The CO wanted to know what our plans were once we got there which we shared with him. He took note of my previous visit to the States and asked me a bit about it, that's when I mentioned that I have friends there besides my wife's family which have also extended their invitation to stay with them. We talked a bit about job opportunities and were asked about our old passports since we had practically brand new ones. Unfortunately we didn't have them with us but he didn't insist on them so we were ok, however you might want to keep that in mind if you have new ones as well. The joyous announcement that we passed and would get visas was so spontaneous and ordinary that I had to ask again to make sure :D Basically the CO just asked if we planned to go out of town that weekend or he could keep our passports to have the visa printed on them :))) when I asked if it's all good he said you guys are all set, you can pick up your visas next tuesday at 4:30 pm. We barely contained ourselves and after thanking him we walked out with a slip that has the US flag on it and that gives instructions when to come get your passports. And that's about it :) We were done and out by 9:20.

All in all it's a breeze. If you're honest and if you've followed the rules you have nothing to worry about. Dress appropriately, be punctual, bring only what you're asked for and be positive, shum pozitiv :p . You have nothing to worry about. I wish you the best of luck and will be waiting to hear from you how your interview went.

Cheers from Macedonia!

Here are some tags for future searches :) Skopje Embassy Macedonia Experience.

Last edited:
Hi! I have a question, I hope this hasn't been asked before, so I am not making any pollution. My husband won DVLottery 2015 with case number EU28xxx while we are living in the US . We had our interview on 31 st of August. Officer figured out that the nurse in the hospital forgot to add one vaccination in our medical examination document. Next day, my husband had his vaccination again, got the document and delivered it by hand. Do you think, we can get approval in time?I am worried as the 30th of September is so close. And does invitation for interview mean 50,000 quota has not been filled yet and we still have chance to get our green card? Thank you!

PS: I had asked this question to BritSimon and have a great explanation. But I just would like to know if anyone else had the same issue, like delivering a missing document by hand.

Last edited:
Hey LulKosova,

First off thank you :) We got our passports this Tuesday with the visas in them. A happy moment indeed as I'm sure you'll get to feel for yourself.

Our experience was generally ordinary I guess. We were scheduled for 8 am on the 27-th of august. We got there round 15 minutes early to find parking as the embassy has none available for visitors like ourselves. It's not that complicated as there are free spots along the road that leads up to it. There was quite a crowd waiting to get in that morning, we were told by the security personnel where to wait. When the time came they started calling out names, we were second to be called up.

Once they call you you enter the security check point where you pass through a metal detector. You are also required to leave most of your things there including cell phones so come as light as possible carrying only the essentials. After that you go to another building where the whole process takes place. You are again greeted by security personnel and once your turn comes you have your documents checked and properly ordered by a person who's sole job is that. BRING A COPY OF EVERYONE'S PASSPORT! Even though it's not stated so, you do need a copy of the passports of anyone applying with you. Also make sure you have up to date photos i.e. take new ones and not the same ones you applied with. It seems a lot of people make this oversight and are then required to make new ones during the same day if they wish to proceed. They only took one even though the rules say to bring two. After your documents get sorted out you are asked to wait until your name is called up. There are two rows of seats facing each other and the further one away from the entrance is reserved for immigrants while the first one is for everyone else :) a little fun fact for you.

Next you get called up to bring all your docs to the first filter where Macedonian personnel makes sure you fulfill all the requirements going through a checklist. They did ask for affidavit and/or proof of funds. It's recommended to have one though not compulsory, in that case however I guess it's up to the CO to decide if you're a risk or not. Personally I would not stress about that, especially if you can show you have work experience, a solid command of the language or close relatives or friends to welcome you. Next they ask you to pay the fee, 330 USD per person which we paid in cash, dollars naturally. After that they take your prints and then you wait to be called up by the CO.

The interview it's self is rather casual. Ours was in English although there is the option for a translator I think, albanian as well. After being sworn in they asked us if we were recently married and was it due to the DV lottery, which we confirmed and added that it would've happened anyway but the DV sped things up a bit :) They were ok with that and asked us a couple of more questions like where and how we met, anniversary date and such. All in all nothing out of the ordinary and nothing anyone genuinely in love will have a problem with. We also had photos of the wedding and other significant moments with us but they didn't ask for them. The CO wanted to know what our plans were once we got there which we shared with him. He took note of my previous visit to the States and asked me a bit about it, that's when I mentioned that I have friends there besides my wife's family which have also extended their invitation to stay with them. We talked a bit about job opportunities and were asked about our old passports since we had practically brand new ones. Unfortunately we didn't have them with us but he didn't insist on them so we were ok, however you might want to keep that in mind if you have new ones as well. The joyous announcement that we passed and would get visas was so spontaneous and ordinary that I had to ask again to make sure :D Basically the CO just asked if we planned to go out of town that weekend or he could keep our passports to have the visa printed on them :))) when I asked if it's all good he said you guys are all set, you can pick up your visas next tuesday at 4:30 pm. We barely contained ourselves and after thanking him we walked out with a slip that has the US flag on it and that gives instructions when to come get your passports. And that's about it :) We were done and out by 9:20.

All in all it's a breeze. If you're honest and if you've followed the rules you have nothing to worry about. Dress appropriately, be punctual, bring only what you're asked for and be positive, shum pozitiv :p . You have nothing to worry about. I wish you the best of luck and will be waiting to hear from you how your interview went.

Cheers from Macedonia!

Here are some tags for future searches :) Skopje Embassy Macedonia Experience.
Thanks a lot for info from your experience. Good luck with your relocation to the US. I'll try to be shum positive. I will let you know how my interview goes.

Hi all

Been long time , but still this is my favourite page , i have a question after i get my green card , can i apply for green card for my parent even if i am working outside US for now .

My understanding is that i can file for only wife or unmarried choldren ,i am not sure about parents .

Regards

Last edited: