• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners from Asia with CN 10,000+

I attached the PDF, in case others would like to have a copy.

Attachments

• FY14AnnualReport-TableVII.pdf
    210.3 KB · Views: 19
May be it has to do with crosscharging or something.

Hm, ok yes it is right. I never noticed how much it had dropped in its last eligible year...

No, I don't think so re cross charging. They allocated to the country charged. The numbers of Bangladeshi selectees dropped dramatically in DV2012 compared to previous years too. I wonder what that was all about? I do know that a lot of the anti-fraud stuff they progressively brought in was aimed mainly at a few high-fraud countries of which Bangladesh was one - maybe this was evidence of it working, both catching duplicate entries and disqualifying more before selection, as well as after. And of course all this against the debacle 2012 debacle anyway, but I don't think that's the whole story because the selectees numbers had dropped so much.

Hm, ok yes it is right. I never noticed how much it had dropped in its last eligible year...

No, I don't think so re cross charging. They allocated to the country charged. The numbers of Bangladeshi selectees dropped dramatically in DV2012 compared to previous years too. I wonder what that was all about? I do know that a lot of the anti-fraud stuff they progressively brought in was aimed mainly at a few high-fraud countries of which Bangladesh was one - maybe this was evidence of it working, both catching duplicate entries and disqualifying more before selection, as well as after. And of course all this against the debacle 2012 debacle anyway, but I don't think that's the whole story because the selectees numbers had dropped so much.
Yet at the same time, look how the number of entries jumed in 2012:
upload_2015-6-12_13-24-35.png

Agian, I had no time to investigate the assumption of the quota estimation. For all I know now, it was estimated to fit historical numbers in one period.
Actually the calculated quotas are not estimates. I didn't estimate a single number but simply fed the formula with the appropriate hard figures mentioned in the law. The only assessment I had to make was which census data to use. For DV-2015 that was 2013 mid-year world population – published by the U.S. government.

Last edited:
Actually the calculated quotas are not estimates. I didn't estimate a single number but simply fed the formula with the appropriate hard figures mentioned in the law. The only assessment I had to make was which census data to use. For DV-2015 that was 2013 mid-year world population – published by the U.S. government.
Thank you for the info, I value your input a lot.
Did you try the same for the others of the prior years?

Yet at the same time, look how the number of entries jumed in 2012:
View attachment 529
What were overall entries like? Just looking at the little sample you posted a number of countries saw big % increases in entrants. Bangladesh was always a high entry country so the numbers would be big, wondering what other countries that had more selectees that year (from what I recall without going back to check including turkey, Iran and DRC) showed in terms of entrants?
Maybe it really was the imaging software coming into play and disqualifying loads of duplicate entries.

Thank you for the info, I value your input a lot.
Did you try the same for the others of the prior years?
Fiscal years prior to 2014 are different. Having a low number of selectees several regions (including AF and EU) ran out of qualifying applicants. The left over visas were transferred to other regions and it was mostly AS region which received these – in complete agreement with the law re quotas. So I was very happy that DoS decided to raise the number. I considered 140k/125k/? an attempt to close in a new normal (from above).
So far FY 2014 is the only one I could test the calculations in a

reasonable way.

Hi
I am a 2016 winner.I have a question and that is : how many times do I permitted to unlock my DS260?
Thanks for your help

What were overall entries like? Just looking at the little sample you posted a number of countries saw big % increases in entrants. Bangladesh was always a high entry country so the numbers would be big, wondering what other countries that had more selectees that year (from what I recall without going back to check including turkey, Iran and DRC) showed in terms of entrants?
Maybe it really was the imaging software coming into play and disqualifying loads of duplicate entries.
Other countries had % increases, no doubt.
Global entries in 2011 were 16.5 m. In 2012 - 19.7 m, with 2.2 m of this increase coming from the single country of Bangladesh. It is interesting that the derivative ratio for the country went down despite the surge.
In 2013 global entries go down to 12.6 m.

Fiscal years prior to 2014 are different. Having a low number of selectees several regions (including AF and EU) ran out of qualifying applicants. The left over visas were transferred to other regions and it was mostly AS region which received these – in complete agreement with the law re quotas. So I was very happy that DoS decided to raise the number. I considered 140k/125k/? an attempt to close in a new normal (from above).
So far FY 2014 is the only one I could test the calculations in a

reasonable way.
I had the same concern that we only have one fully loaded year to look at.
I should probably educate myself about your aproach from your prior posts.

Other countries had % increases, no doubt.
Global entries in 2011 were 16.5 m. In 2012 - 19.7 m, with 2.2 m of this increase coming from the single country of Bangladesh. It is interesting that the derivative ratio for the country went down despite the surge.
In 2013 global entries go down to 12.6 m.

The derivative ratio going down is a sign of agent activity. The agents register single people - because they either don't want to miss the opportunity to register someone at the roadside, or in the case of Bangladesh, they don't even talk to the people they are registering. The Bangladesh case was a case of someone registering people from a phone book - like the entire phone book.

The derivative ratio going down is a sign of agent activity. The agents register single people - because they either don't want to miss the opportunity to register someone at the roadside, or in the case of Bangladesh, they don't even talk to the people they are registering. The Bangladesh case was a case of someone registering people from a phone book - like the entire phone book.
That crossed my mind. I would imagine that some faithful entrants get automatically disqualified in the selection, because agents applied for them too.

Dear friends
I am a 2016 AS selectee.Moreover I am from iran an I served 2 months traininig period of my military service in Islamic Republic Revolutionary Gaurds(SEPAHE PASDARAN) and I served the 15 months remaining in a state organization as a civil engineer.What should I write in my Branch Service in the DS 260 form?
Thanks for your help

That crossed my mind. I would imagine that some faithful entrants get automatically disqualified in the selection, because agents applied for them too.

Yes true - not because they used the agent per se, but because they failed to ensure accuracy.

Dear friends
I am a 2016 AS selectee.Moreover I am from iran an I served 2 months traininig period of my military service in Islamic Republic Revolutionary Gaurds(SEPAHE PASDARAN) and I served the 15 months remaining in a state organization as a civil engineer.What should I write in my Branch Service in the DS 260 form?
Thanks for your help

Write the truth.

Thanks dear Brit Simons
I would write the truth but I just served 2 months in IRRG.moreover my military completion card has been issued by IRRG.Should I write engineering or IRRG ?
Sorry again