• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

You generally seem to know an awful lot about what is going on with a lot of cases at Accra. Do you have lots of friends doing DV this year?
I have a friend who works as a security man at the embassy and because he knows I have won this lottery, he does update me when he hears people talking about their problems after the interview.
That's why I do know some information about Accra embassy.

I have a friend who works as a security man at the embassy and because he knows I have won this lottery, he does update me when he hears people talking about their problems after the interview.
That's why I do know some information about Accra embassy.

You just said you saw this letter... and I’m pretty sure part of the requirements of a security guard at the embassy is not to go telling outsiders details of what’s going on.
Guys, willing to bet - I’ve had suspicions a while, now am sure- that dear Blessbee is one of the ubiquitous “agents”.

Looool... Bummer!
Do we accept, or do we reject the null hypothesis?
The null hypothesis (H0) is rejected absolutely and the H1 is accepted.
You can't be in your country and suspect that someone is an agent in ghana. All because I asked a question and I said I have seen a denial paper and that. That's wrong perception!!!' I think the essence of this platform is to provide explanation and solutions to people's problems.
In any case,who told you that all agents in ghana are bad and their intention is to dupe people???
Some have genuinely helped people to get their visas without necessarily taking huge money from them.
However, there is no doubt that some are wicked and have caused people problems.
So let put a stop that sallow impression of agents, agents thing. I think now some Ghanaians are wise enough to allow unscrupulous agents to cau

You can't be in your country and suspect that someone is an agent in ghana. All because I asked a question and I said I have seen a denial paper and that. That's wrong perception!!!' I think the essence of this platform is to provide explanation and solutions to people's problems.
In any case,who told you that all agents in ghana are bad and their intention is to dupe people???
Some have genuinely helped people to get their visas without necessarily taking huge money from them.
However, there is no doubt that some are wicked and have caused people problems.
So let put a stop that sallow impression of agents, agents thing. I think now some Ghanaians are wise enough to allow unscrupulous agents to cau

You didn’t ask “a” question. You asked a whole bunch of questions about a bunch of different cases that you claim to have knowledge of, and then expect us to believe that you got it all from a security guard at the embassy. :rolleyes:
Whatever. Helping people is good, and that’s why we are all on this forum. To help people. FOR FREE, not just “not a huge amount of money”. We are not actually here to give advice for other people to make money out of. Why don’t you just ask all your many friends to register and ask us direct?

Actually no, let's NOT stop the characterization of agents in Ghana. If there are some "good ones" they are very FEW and far between. A million entries yield several thousand selectees and then we see the worst success rate of any country. This is a horrific situation - one where agents make a nice living, and many families lose huge sums of money. We should have zero tolerance for that kind of behavior - and the sooner Ghanaians stop feeding the agents the better.

Actually no, let's NOT stop the characterization of agents in Ghana. If there are some "good ones" they are very FEW and far between. A million entries yield several thousand selectees and then we see the worst success rate of any country. This is a horrific situation - one where agents make a nice living, and many families lose huge sums of money. We should have zero tolerance for that kind of behavior - and the sooner Ghanaians stop feeding the agents the better.
I agree totally with your statement.
However, no one should tag me as an agent.
Before God and man,I have not entered lottery for anyone and I have not taken money from anyone.
I dislike it when am being tagged as one of the SO-CALLED AGENTS.
If I ask questions and they don't make sense, tell they don't make sense.
I prefer that to having shallow impressions about me.

No
I think you might be referencing my response out of context if indeed I've responded to a situation such as yours before - I've responded to so many posts, I can't keep track. However it would help if you're about to say who it was or quote the post in question.

I think part of the mistake also is relying on someone else to follow up on such an issue with KCC on your behalf. You have more standing with KCC than your host, you have access to the Internet, you have a good grasp of English, so I don't understand why you didn't contact KCC yourself. Did your host forward the correspondence with KCC to you and did you take that along to your interview and presented it to the CO when the issue was raised? The reason I asked is because if you mentioned it in the forum, we would have told you to contact KCC directly and if you came back to tell us KCC told you to go ahead and fill the DS form as it should be, we would have reminded you to take that correspondence along to your interview. This is not a situation of one calling KCC, you want to have record of all communication in a situation such as this. And like Simon noted above, contacting KCC would have enabled them to re-run the background check with your first name as it should be prior to the interview.

???? What’s the “No” with my quoted 2014 post about?
Sooo sorry mom....my interview is in april and started reading the thread all over again from dv 2013 upwards just to gain more interview experience. I must have mistakenly pressed the reply button. Sorry once again mom. Will be happy if it can be deleted.