• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

LOL i realized he was not so convinced in certain answers but at-least the issue about people registration with different names and fraud were properly dealt with. So @scratches case is not to be taken lightly.

Yes agreed. They will be looking for issues like that. Now, if the case is correctly presented, it isn't illegal to have gone through a middle man - so he need not fear being honest about that.

Now the details: Wanted to be extra careful so I had to set double alarm last night and then went to bed. Before going to bed, I checked my documents to make sure everything was intact. Around 3:45am my eyes opened (natural instinct I guess lol) couldn't go back to sleep again so had to watch Aljazeera news to keep myself occupied. Exactly 5:30 I bordered a taxi cab. Got to the Embassy some few minutes after 6am. Meet a couple of people waiting around the embassy. At 7am the gate was opened. We were ordered to form 2 separate queues, one for immigrants the other for non-immigrants. I joined the immigrants queue and then we went through security checks. Our bags were scanned and mobile phones, laptops, usb were left at the security. We finally went through and into the main hall. Soon my name was called and my documents were taken at Window 1. I was then ordered to go do my payment at the cashier. I paid $330 and took the receipt back to Window 1. Then the waiting began. I waited for about 30 mins. While waiting I met a lovely lady who was also on DV lottery (we were too far apart to have any meaningful convo. Soon my name was mentioned and I walked over to Window 5. A lovely American CO greeted me with smiles. I smiled back (keep a smile)

Now the Main interview:
CO: Good Morning
Me:Good Morning
CO:εti sεn (How are you)
Me: εγε οο na wonso εεh (I'm good and You
CO: εγε (I'm good)
Me: Smiling...
CO: Pls raise your right hand and swear to speak the truth and nothing but the truth
Me: I did that
CO: Which year did you finished High School
Me: Answered
CO: How many times did you sat for SSCE/WASSCE
CO: And these are your results?
Me: Yea
CO: What did you do after school?
Me: Started explaining
CO: Go straight to the point
Me: Told him where I work now
At this point he was busily typing on his computer
CO: Smiling.. Congratulations your visa has been approved
Me: Smiling too, thank you
CO: It wasn't difficult was it ?
Me:.No it wasn't (matter of fact it wasn't?
The main interview lasted less than 2 minutes. The CO told me he will keep my documents and passport and issued me with the super blue paper with the collection date on. He even apologized for the interview delay.

I know It's a lengthy stuff I've written pls pardon me. Just want everyone to have the interview experience from A - Z.. pls ignored all my typos.

Now the details: Wanted to be extra careful so I had to set double alarm last night and then went to bed. Before going to bed, I checked my documents to make sure everything was intact. Around 3:45am my eyes opened (natural instinct I guess lol) couldn't go back to sleep again so had to watch Aljazeera news to keep myself occupied. Exactly 5:30 I bordered a taxi cab. Got to the Embassy some few minutes after 6am. Meet a couple of people waiting around the embassy. At 7am the gate was opened. We were ordered to form 2 separate queues, one for immigrants the other for non-immigrants. I joined the immigrants queue and then we went through security checks. Our bags were scanned and mobile phones, laptops, usb were left at the security. We finally went through and into the main hall. Soon my name was called and my documents were taken at Window 1. I was then ordered to go do my payment at the cashier. I paid $330 and took the receipt back to Window 1. Then the waiting began. I waited for about 30 mins. While waiting I met a lovely lady who was also on DV lottery (we were too far apart to have any meaningful convo. Soon my name was mentioned and I walked over to Window 5. A lovely American CO greeted me with smiles. I smiled back (keep a smile)

Now the Main interview:
CO: Pls raise your right hand and swear to speak the truth and nothing but the truth
The main interview lasted less than 2 minutes. The CO told me he will keep my documents and passport and issued me with the super blue paper with the collection date on. He even apologized for the interview delay.

I know It's a lengthy stuff I've written pls pardon me. Just want everyone to have the interview experience from A - Z.. pls ignored all my typos.
not lengthy at all. its normal and thanks for posting! charley congrats!

Now the Main interview:

Congrats citizen K!!

Please I have noticed something from the interviews I have read so far. They keep on asking "how many times you sat for the WASCE". Please any idea? Coos is very common paaaaa

Yea it depends on the number of SSCE/WASSCE certs u submit. In my case I submitted both my SSCE and NovDec certs. That's why he asked me

P

Please, did you swear by your own words or you spoke after him? The issue of affidavit of support, was it a necessity?

The CO will ask you something like "Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth" ?

I wasn't asked about AOS even tho I had one.. Pls take everything along with you, don't even anything a chance. If they don't need it they will give it back. And with AOS don't submit it unless they ask for it.