• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Now the details: Wanted to be extra careful so I had to set double alarm last night and then went to bed. Before going to bed, I checked my documents to make sure everything was intact. Around 3:45am my eyes opened (natural instinct I guess lol) couldn't go back to sleep again so had to watch Aljazeera news to keep myself occupied. Exactly 5:30 I bordered a taxi cab. Got to the Embassy some few minutes after 6am. Meet a couple of people waiting around the embassy. At 7am the gate was opened. We were ordered to form 2 separate queues, one for immigrants the other for non-immigrants. I joined the immigrants queue and then we went through security checks. Our bags were scanned and mobile phones, laptops, usb were left at the security. We finally went through and into the main hall. Soon my name was called and my documents were taken at Window 1. I was then ordered to go do my payment at the cashier. I paid $330 and took the receipt back to Window 1. Then the waiting began. I waited for about 30 mins. While waiting I met a lovely lady who was also on DV lottery (we were too far apart to have any meaningful convo. Soon my name was mentioned and I walked over to Window 5. A lovely American CO greeted me with smiles. I smiled back (keep a smile)

Now the Main interview:
CO: Good Morning
Me:Good Morning
CO:εti sεn (How are you)
Me: εγε οο na wonso εεh (I'm good and You
CO: εγε (I'm good)
Me: Smiling...
CO: Pls raise your right hand and swear to speak the truth and nothing but the truth
Me: I did that
CO: Which year did you finished High School
Me: Answered
CO: How many times did you sat for SSCE/WASSCE
Me: Answered
CO: And these are your results?
Me: Yea
CO: What did you do after school?
Me: Started explaining
CO: Go straight to the point
Me: Told him where I work now
At this point he was busily typing on his computer
CO: Smiling.. Congratulations your visa has been approved
Me: Smiling too, thank you
CO: It wasn't difficult was it ?
Me:.No it wasn't (matter of fact it wasn't?
The main interview lasted less than 2 minutes. The CO told me he will keep my documents and passport and issued me with the super blue paper with the collection date on. He even apologized for the interview delay.

I know It's a lengthy stuff I've written pls pardon me. Just want everyone to have the interview experience from A - Z.. pls ignored all my typos.
wow..!!!! short interview. ..well I hope mine to b even shorter. ..

what a question...
Interviews started and still start on October 1 of each year. Note, the visa year ends on September 30. if u win and you cannot get your visa by that date then forget (or pray harrrd) unless it is a verrrrrrry special case bcos that date ends the visa year of that year and paves way for a new visa year to start on October 1.

Dear Forum mates.. Just out of the Embassy, Visa has been approved. Details later
Folks...that's how it starts...pray for one another. as for DV, if everything is ok 5mins is even too much...cos they want to give it to you.
it's like everyone has it already 100% but your appearance at the embassy to defend it will either reduce your points drastically from the 100% which will lead to your refusal or keep it very close to the 100% to see your visa in your passport. For your information, some score 100%...lol :) just like in an exam.

P

Please, did you swear by your own words or you spoke after him? The issue of affidavit of support, was it a necessity?
that's just how it is bro...the excitement is is too much when you pick up your visa.
lemme tell you what...on the day i got my visa, other drivers had blocked me at the car park where i parked my car. when i realised i couldnt move till they all came out of the embassy, which would take too long, i left the car there and took dropping to whereever at 9am when i received my visa and came back later kraaa in the evening when everyone had moved their car to move mine. it was the only car parked there anyway :) and i moved it kuuleeeeh and went home.

P

Please, did you swear by your own words or you spoke after him? The issue of affidavit of support, was it a necessity?
Minimum of 5 passes including English and Maths. Anything below and you're disqualified
Your case number helped you too...it is such a plus to get a very low case number...and also file for your 2NL early, immediately you are notified that you have won. DO NOT WAIT as it will come back and haunt you. do nothing to giv u regrets, remember!!! Always Seek Knowledge (ASK) before you make a move.

Guys there is no harm in taken all DV related docs with you to the embassy. you just have to be prepared for anything or whatever doc they ask you.
some documents are not needed kraaa so dont bother...it makes your sorting difficult when you carry all those extraneous material.
like affidavit of support, bank statement...
not needed.
if they need anything more they will ask you to go bring it as compared to when you have forged documents or submitted inconsistent documents which amounts to an outright refusal

so the $330.00 is now more than a GH¢1000.00??? at my time about a year ago i paid GH¢726.00 (correct Raphoo & co ?). Hmmm gh my motherland.
secure your tickets immediately u get your visas cos of thhe dollar rate which might change especially as xmas is approaching.
if ure interested in a good offer for a ticket PM me and i will show you where i got mine. no advert for them, no commission for me. just being helpful (spoonfeeding you guys) to my fellow brothers n sisters with info i struggled to get.

Why has kcc not sent my 2nl up to now? I sent them a mail and they haven't replied yet. Do I need to keep on sending?
No. do not keep on sending. you can call them and keep communicating with them. ask them if they have received your mail? about 3 weeks to a month after sending. remember, they serve the whole world and someone needs to enter your data into the system upon receiving your package and that takes time. that's why i advise calling about a month after dispatching the DS 260 forms.
once they confirm that they have your package relax...it will be just a matter of time for them to forward you your letter.

Thanks,my CN 2015AF00011***,I hope to get my second NL this week
Not bad a case number...when did you send your DS 260? November wont be a bad date for you...study the visa bulletins which will give you an idea of the cut offs for the various Case numbers and where you will most probably fit in...
kindly create a signature to measure your progress...
good luck

The exchange rate was Gh3.4 to a Dollar so the Cedi equivalent was Gh1,122
wow!!!!
GH¢726 at my time on Oct 1, 2013. it was a struggle for those paying in cedis cos the cashier didnt want to keep anyones change, neither could you giv her less...i remember how the 1cedi was just flying from one person to another...people were generous though...else you would have to go outside to buy something and get change.
If you can get genuine dollars, its the best. can't imagine hearing that someone's dollars are fake...eiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

K. You guys should help me out. Somebody did it for me. The only name that coincides with mine is the surname. They took 2000 cedis from me and gave me the details. Actually, all are my names. I entered and indeed I ws chosen. I started filling out the forms cause it wasn't fraud. I called them about the name aspect and they told me I only need what's on my wasce cert and that's all. They never guided me. I did evrrything with the help of a friend. I have two of the submission forms now. I submitted my ds260 late. Is there a problem with my case.
Identification in this DV visa processing is not only by name but by the picture that was use in the registration process, so if there is a mistake in the name your picture in their system will vindicate you. So don't worry much even your date of birth on notification letter will will help you out. So this is what you need to do, not only the affidavit will clear you out get a letter from your high school headmaster stating the name you entered the school with and make a photocopy of your admission letter that is on your file in your SHS, add it to the statement from the headmaster and you will be good to go.