• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

faith.jpg
This is what kept me going on the American Dream journey. It works for me anytime anywhere and your case will not be different if you also adopt this.
Good Luck to you all chums...!!!

The photo was me. I wonder. A complete passport pic I took. The entry was done for me. B K D was used and am called BKD but this name is not documented. I think for the requirements I am above it. I have a friend I want him to send an affidavit of support.

Ok, so you won't get tripped up by obvious things like the photo or education. For the name issue you will need something more than your own affidavit (do that anyway). I would suggest as a minimum affidavits from others with good credibility within the community saying they know you as BKD. It will be a gamble, but maybe you feel it is worth it...

I mean not only the affidavit of my own. Do I need someone to witness or swear that he knows me

Yes that is what I advise you. Somehow your entry was done with BKD. So presumably that is because you are known as that name, locally. Perhaps some professional person knows you as that. Someone surely. There must be someone because otherwise how the heck would the agent have entered you as BKD?

Feel free to ignore my advice - and just obtain the one affidavit from yourself, BUT I can tell you that if you fail to convince the CO that BKD and ED is the same person - then you will be denied. Not AP. Denied. No chance of appeal.

Please can you tell us how the interview was like. A brief one will do.

This is what actually happened. (Friday 29th November, 2013)

CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: Please let me have your passports and medical report for your baby
Me: Handed them sharp
CO: What did u go to do at Belize? ( A had a Belize visa in my passport)
Me: I had the visa but didn't go since it crushed with my final examination
CO: Entered some few things on the system
CO: Congratulations and handed to us the blue visa pick up chit
My wife & I: Thank you....!!!
CO: Please do not make any travel arrangements till you receive your visas.
CO: Take care of my little girl
Me: Okay i will do just that.
Me: Shouted a BIG THANK YOU GOD IN MY HEART right there. I wanted shout out my joy but Eddy Kay of the Efiewura fame was eying me whiles he wait to be called from the non-immigrants section.

You can get access to almost all of the 2014 discussions through my conversation link: http://forums.immigration.com/threa...lectees-meet-here.315928/page-63#post-2307044
For discussion on interview experiences go to page 15 on the link i have given above and start reading from post #297 by lil-kay downwards. Anything before that post is before interview discussion.

GOOD LUCK

Oh I'm sure these agents are registering people proactively - similar to what happened in Bangladesh.

Check out the increase in entries in Ghana and also the enormous reduction in the derivative rate. Those things are what happen when people are registered without their knowledge - agents with lots of "friends" that make mistakes with names, birthdates, family members and so on.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_Applicant_Entrants_by_Country_2007-2013.pdf

Sad, so they pay over and presumably a lot get denied because of information that doesn't tie up.

who say they don't they do..they think is they thought is a difficult process. .at first that's what I thought some years back when I was naive ...this dv programme needs a lot of education. .

Well, I agree it is incredibly naive to believe that something is difficult just because someone told you that, without bothering to find out for yourself. Especially when that someone wants to charge you for doing it.

Anyone who takes 5 seconds to look at the official instructions, or a US embassy website, or even just an Internet search, will see that it is easy and that people are warned against scammers. I don't know what you mean by a "a bit of education". There is plenty out there for people who bother to take a few minutes to look for it. Surely you don't think USCIS should be taking out billboards to warn people?!

@Britsimon the name used for dv entry was EMMANUEL ADJEI FRIMPONG by my good friend and with my correct DOB. the name on my passport is EMMANUEL FRIMPONG ADJEI so when filling the DS- 260 the right position as on the passport was used. Will the surname and middle name interchange in the initial entry cause problems during the interview? note: I ask him to apply for me since I was hospitalised by then

Influx of DV agents. i took this pic a month ago around the Accra Mall. they started registering even before the official launch of DV 2016 hmm. i forgot to post this earlier. so far seen 5 of these tents.

View attachment 229

Sorry this is off topic but the three signs on the shopping mall I can make out are all South African companies!!! (Shoprite, game and Mr Price)

Sorry this is off topic but the three signs on the shopping mall I can make out are all South African companies!!! (Shoprite, game and Mr Price)
Yes. SA companies partnered the Ghanaians to setup this. we have 3 of such places in Ghana at the moment and i must say they making good money.

Good luck to you all. i was in your shoes last year and by God's grace i am living the American dream. its been sweet and superb and there is yet morrrre to come.
Good luck to you all. i was in your shoes last year and by God's grace i am living the American dream. its been sweet and superb and there is yet morrrre to come.
Good to here from you guys. we are grateful.

hi guys i registered my sister for dv2016, at the level of education i chose high school no degree instead of high school degree..will it be a problem incase she wins since she has the high school cert.

Has anyone of us DV-2015 selectees attended an interview yet? If yes, kindly share your experience and if possible please narrate or transcribe your interview questions & answers so that we can all learn from it. Those whose interviews have been scheduled for this month should endeavor to ask questions and receive possible solutions prior to their interviews. I believe we are each others keeper and share the same dream- the American dream. To start the ball rolling, i will ask a question: Why do u want to go to America:)?

Has anyone of us DV-2015 selectees attended an interview yet? If yes, kindly share your experience and if possible please narrate or transcribe your interview questions & answers so that we can all learn from it. Those whose interviews have been scheduled for this month should endeavor to ask questions and receive possible solutions prior to their interviews. I believe we are each others keeper and share the same dream- the American dream. To start the ball rolling, i will ask a question: Why do u want to go to America:)?

what a question...

@Britsimon the name used for dv entry was EMMANUEL ADJEI FRIMPONG by my good friend and with my correct DOB. the name on my passport is EMMANUEL FRIMPONG ADJEI so when filling the DS- 260 the right position as on the passport was used. Will the surname and middle name interchange in the initial entry cause problems during the interview? note: I ask him to apply for me since I was hospitalised by then

The case will have been red flagged because the switching of the name is a common (but not very smart) fraud technique. So, you can expect some questioning about that and they will have searched the other combinations of your name, or might put you on AP while they do that.

hi guys i registered my sister for dv2016, at the level of education i chose high school no degree instead of high school degree..will it be a problem incase she wins since she has the high school cert.

No it will not be a problem as long as she meets the criteria.

LOL i realized he was not so convinced in certain answers but at-least the issue about people registration with different names and fraud were properly dealt with. So @scratches case is not to be taken lightly.