• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Hi, I am a DV-2015 selectee with case number 2015AF000014**. I submitted my DS-260 forms online on August 16,2014. Even though my Case number is current for October interview, i have still not received my 2nd letter from the KCC. Should i be worried?

Hi guys i have heard some disturbing news regarding the us embassy in gh..i was informed from a reliable source that at times ppls interview dates are sometimes manupulated by the ghanaian stuffs who are in bussiness with this travel agencies in the country.
they sell ppl with low case no. To others with high case no for exorbitant fees...
i just want to shear it with u guys...i dont want to believe is ture... but i know in gh anything is possible..
Given that the 2016 dv is rumoured to b the last one...
pls lets put pressure on kcc to help us out..
I don't think this is true because the embassy in Ghana does not schedule your interview date and time but it's only the KCC that can do that. However, lets check to be sure things don't go wrong with our DV cases.

Hi guys i have heard some disturbing news regarding the us embassy in gh..i was informed from a reliable source that at times ppls interview dates are sometimes manupulated by the ghanaian stuffs who are in bussiness with this travel agencies in the country.
they sell ppl with low case no. To others with high case no for exorbitant fees...
i just want to shear it with u guys...i dont want to believe is ture... but i know in gh anything is possible..

Where did u hear that news and how authentic do you think it is? I don't wana believe that the Local Embassy here can do that sort of manipulations. How could a higher case number that is not current be scheduled for an interview when KCC are not done with that case number? Yes we're all alarmed by the development here in Accra but pls be very sure of what you post here. lol just saying tho

Hi, I am a DV-2015 selectee with case number 2015AF000014**. I submitted my DS-260 forms online on August 16,2014. Even though my Case number is current for October interview, i have still not received my 2nd letter from the KCC. Should i be worried?

Welcome to the forum @Casa Ben as for the visa dier whether they like it or yes we claiming it Insha Allah. There's no other option cause it is our legal rights.

Impossible. this cannot be true especially for DV Cases. false alarm! and please lets not paint them black, it is a dangerous path to tread on. let us focus

Last edited:
i think you submitted a bit late to be scheduled for October, you don't have to worry. you should be receiving your 2NL during the next VB. hopefully.

Last edited:
u should call kcc abt it...to find out what is causing the delay. ..

Where did u hear that news and how authentic do you think it is? I don't wana believe that the Local Embassy here can do that sort of manipulations. How could a higher case number that is not current be scheduled for an interview when KCC are not done with that case number? Yes we're all alarmed by the development here in Accra but pls be very sure of what you post here. lol just saying tho
I know about all that ..but if I came in contact with this info I feel I must shear it with u guys. ..if u read carefully what I posted I said I didn't believe it myself. ..
but if the ppl can't pin point what the problem is and kcc have no knowledge what is going on...don't u think we have to weigh every possible facts. ..???
just saying. ..

Impossible. this cannot be true especially for DV Cases. false alarm! and please lets not paint them black, it is a dangerous path to tread on. let us focus
nobody is painting anybody black here ooo..we just trying to figure out what's going on here..
and doing that is perfectly normal if u were in my shoes. ..

nobody is painting anybody black here ooo..we just trying to figure out what's going on here..
and doing that is perfectly normal if u were in my shoes. ..
already in your shoes my guy but what you posted cannot be true. KCC only forwards your case to the local embassy when they are done processing. so how can anyone manipulate this? anyway.

@ citizen k. .I called kcc this evening abt a minute ago, what the superior told is as follows. .-;
1.they will look into the problem at the gh embassy and try to solve the problem as soon as possible. ..
2.we the affected applicants should try n go there every other day and ask whether the problem is fixed. .
3.to the best of their knowledge they have finished processing our cases for interview. .
4.lastly we should bear in mind that dv 2015 is the first online processing done by kcc so it is bound to face some technical challenges and that we should not worry everything will b done to kick start the interview. .

I know about all that ..but if I came in contact with this info I feel I must shear it with u guys. ..if u read carefully what I posted I said I didn't believe it myself. ..
but if the ppl can't pin point what the problem is and kcc have no knowledge what is going on...don't u think we have to weigh every possible facts. ..???
just saying. ..

Why on earth should KCC have knowledge of what goes on in every local embassy? Local delays can happen for all sorts of reasons.
And as someone has already posted, it is impossible for them to do what you reported because visa numbers will not be made available by DoS for those whose numbers are not current.
I don't think this comes close to weighing a "possible fact" because it is an impossible scenario... It's just someone coming up with ridiculous rumours ...

@jay_on_ice we perfectly understand your point.. but fact is swapping case numbers esp DV cases by the local Embassy is practically impossible. There's a problem and we need to encourage ourselves, the last thing we need is to create panic among ourselves. They will surely call I believe so. We should trust them cos if indeed what you're alleging is true (which I believe is not) there could be serious legal implications

@ citizen k. .I called kcc this evening abt a minute ago, what the superior told is as follows. .-;
1.they will look into the problem at the gh embassy and try to solve the problem as soon as possible. ..
2.we the affected applicants should try n go there every other day and ask whether the problem is fixed. .
3.to the best of their knowledge they have finished processing our cases for interview. .
4.lastly we should bear in mind that dv 2015 is the first online processing done by kcc so it is bound to face some technical challenges and that we should not worry everything will b done to kick start the interview. .
lets hope they solve the technical challenges to kick start the interview soon