• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Two potential losers here:
The OP' reputation with employer
The employer- recruitment expenses and lost productivity when you quit and they have to rehire.
Take it only if you need it badly but if you do not and your visa chances look real good, your reputation , strength of character , your potential employer and the next job beneficiary will be the winners here a win win situation for all.

I cannot agree with this at all. A job is just that. You work, you get paid. We don't know what the job was, but the OP needs to look after number 1 first.

By the way, it may interest you to know that most states in the USA (including California, where I live) have an at will employment relationship. The employee can leave at any time and the employer can let the employee go at any time - the employment relationship is "at will". If the company that is offering the job decided to let him go after a month - would there be any doubt they would do exactly that?

Are you asking if you ought to take the job?
If I were you, I would critically evaluate my chances of getting the visa- meaning look at how good my documents are and how accurate my edv entry and D's 260 were and compete them to experiences here.
If I find that my chances are very good, I would be honest with the employer that I might not be available for long, but take the job anyway. If I did not need it badly and I plan on moving as soon as I get the visa- Aug/Step., I would let someone else who needed it more then me take it.
There is always the need to manage risk since there is nothing like 100% chance. There have been others who are on AP and still waiting to be cleared although their edv and DS 260 had no error. Note that, there are many reasons which will lead an applicant to be on AP although their documents look good such as name matches that of someone on the FBI's list.
He can take up the job since He will not have to leave to USA as soon as the visa becomes available. Also taking up the job will atleast provide him with some cash which is a needed factor.
It is important to note that, any employer can terminate contract offered although a cost have been incurred in hiring. My question to you is, what happens when you get a good paying job compared to your current job, will you stay in that job because there was a cost to your employer for hiring you?
ha ha. I amaze at this forum. Thanks for the taking the time to reply to my question. As far as ds260 is concerned and what I have been reading in this forum, I believe is ok. I must admit that your points are really helping. I find myself in a position to make a difficult decision. Open to more thoughts. Thanks @Britsimon, @aiguo and @usken go

Are you asking if you ought to take the job?
If I were you, I would critically evaluate my chances of getting the visa- meaning look at how good my documents are and how accurate my edv entry and D's 260 were and compete them to experiences here.
If I find that my chances are very good, I would be honest with the employer that I might not be available for long, but take the job anyway. If I did not need it badly and I plan on moving as soon as I get the visa- Aug/Step., I would let someone else who needed it more then me take it.
Thanks for replying. I wonder if an employer will employ you knowing that you won't be they for long.

I cannot agree with this at all. A job is just that. You work, you get paid. We don't know what the job was, but the OP needs to look after number 1 first.

By the way, it may interest you to know that most states in the USA (including California, where I live) have an at will employment relationship. The employee can leave at any time and the employer can let the employee go at any time - the employment relationship is "at will". If the company that is offering the job decided to let him go after a month - would there be any doubt they would do exactly that?
Thanks Mr @Britsimon for replying. I like the way states in the US do. The reason I find it difficult to make a decision here is this. "I have a job currently which doesn't pay that much but it gives me a lot of free time to go about doing the paper work. The new job certainly pays well but current employee tells me there's a lot of work. With my case falling around the closing period of the fiscal year, I have been thinking that my urgent attention may be needed such as beginning the medicals as soon as I get the 2NL, police cert etc. Also, with the new job, I may be able to support myself financially as far as paperwork is concerned but without the Job, I would have to depend on family for support. Mr @Britsimon I am kind of guy who loves to do things right and go into jobs with a lot of motivation. I think that nature is just hunting me back to reach a decision here quickly".

The quickest way for your spouse to get their GC would have been for you guys to get married prior to your interview and attend the interview together. The only alternative available to you now is to sponsor your wife, there's nothing easy or quick about the process. It may take anywhere between 1-2 years before she can join you in the U.S., and you of course will need to be earning the required income (or have someone willing to co-sponsor her) before your sponsorship petition will be approved.

The first step would be for you to file form I-130. Go through the following links for guidance on how to sponsor a family member:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/family-preference.html

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...y/green-card-family-member-permanent-resident

You should post subsequent questions regarding this issue in the following forum, since it's now a case beyond the DV process which is what this particular forum is for:

http://forums.immigration.com/forums/family-based-green-card-through-marriage-relative.121/

Good luck!
Thanks for your information.

Thanks Mr @Britsimon for replying. I like the way states in the US do. The reason I find it difficult to make a decision here is this. "I have a job currently which doesn't pay that much but it gives me a lot of free time to go about doing the paper work. The new job certainly pays well but current employee tells me there's a lot of work. With my case falling around the closing period of the fiscal year, I have been thinking that my urgent attention may be needed such as beginning the medicals as soon as I get the 2NL, police cert etc. Also, with the new job, I may be able to support myself financially as far as paperwork is concerned but without the Job, I would have to depend on family for support. Mr @Britsimon I am kind of guy who loves to do things right and go into jobs with a lot of motivation. I think that nature is just hunting me back to reach a decision here quickly".

Well you know your options - now make the call....

Precisely!!
B.Simon looked at it from the US job market context. I could feel you as i opined.

Take the case of the Kenyan job market; an enterprise creates and offers a job - quite a difficult thing to do and the job market is tight so you come and take your place in a team.It is much more than just a job, you play your part in ensuring that all of you keep putting bread on the table. You do not want to take such a chance and the benefactors for a bad ride by quitting on them slightly later.. better explain yourself and forego it to someone who needs it for keeps.

Alternatively, go to the big companies such as banks telecoms etc. You come in competitively and /or through some contacts either way you have a binding contract which i doubt will give you probation shorter than six months... you don't want to mess that too.

Of course your dilemma suggested that you are not jobless and the final option is that you have a 'lifer's' job- those jobs where you earn little and do little and can run your side life with the free time. You are here, stay till you go green!!

Do not burn your bridges as you dash across the Atlantic!! you never know.
By the way i know a mechanic who has worked in one firm for thirty years. He saw the company grow and employees who kept going elsewhere and coming back. Certainly I am not saying, nor wishing that you go and return;)

Last edited:
Precisely!!
B.Simon looked at it from the US job market context. I could feel you as i opined.

Take the case of the Kenyan job market; an enterprise creates and offers a job - quite a difficult thing to do and the job market is tight so you come and take your place in a team.It is much more than just a job, you play your part in ensuring that all of you keep putting bread on the table. You do not want to take such a chance and the benefactors for a bad ride by quitting on them slightly later.. better explain yourself and forego it to someone who needs it for keeps.

Alternatively, go to the big companies such as banks telecoms etc. You come in competitively and /or through some contacts either way you have a binding contract which i doubt will give you probation shorter than six months... you don't want to mess that too.

Of course your dilemma suggested that you are not jobless and the final option is that you have a 'lifer's' job- those jobs where you earn little and do little and can run your side life with the free time. You are here, stay till you go green!!

Do not burn your bridges as you dash across the Atlantic!! you never know.
By the way i know a mechanic who has worked in one firm for thirty years. He saw the company grow and employees who kept going elsewhere and coming back. Certainly I am not saying, nor wishing that you go and return;)

No, you have me wrong. My position is that of a 50 year old who has been an employee, employer, business owner and contractor and so on. I have lived a complete business and work life with several careers - and most of my experience has been in EU where employee rights are protected way more than USA. But at the end of the day - as you get older you realize that in jobs at least - you look after number 1. When my dad was alive he was someone who worked for the government for 40 years. He showed them loyalty. That sort of loyalty was common in those days. That is generally accepted in advanced countries as "old thinking".

A bit of question here.On my DNA review day the consular officer verbally told me she is sorry to tell me the dna result shows no biological relationship between myself and my 'son'.after which i was handed over a refusal sheet with a tick against section 212(a)( 5a) .my question to our moderators especially is , how is such sentitive result declares to a client or applicants.secondly what does the immigration law state of the
212(a)( 5A)
However I requested that the medical facility that conducted the DNA examination in the USA to furnish an address in the US. (my wife) a copy of the result of which they agreed.according to my wife she did not recieve any copy of the dna result (cant however tell if she is telling the truth)
I sent a mail to the medical facility asking if they sent the copy to my wife but they have since not replied my mail

As much as I have no doubt about their operation im still not very confortable how the whole thing went.

is there any way of getting the result

Thanks

If you new job will not require you to go to work on saturdays then I will encourage you to accept the offer. In that case all issues related to medicals (4X off days 1.medical & vaccibation 2.results collection 3. second vaccination 4. third vaccination) can be done on saturdays at holy trinity.
You will then be left with 1 day for police clearance, I got a man in room 9 who can collect it and put it down for you so that you can pick up on one of the 4 saturdays. And lastly 1 day for the interview, in that case you will only waste 2 working days which I'm sure can manage.

A bit of question here.On my DNA review day the consular officer verbally told me she is sorry to tell me the dna result shows no biological relationship between myself and my 'son'.after which i was handed over a refusal sheet with a tick against section 212(a)( 5a) .my question to our moderators especially is , how is such sentitive result declares to a client or applicants.secondly what does the immigration law state of the
212(a)( 5A)
However I requested that the medical facility that conducted the DNA examination in the USA to furnish an address in the US. (my wife) a copy of the result of which they agreed.according to my wife she did not recieve any copy of the dna result (cant however tell if she is telling the truth)
I sent a mail to the medical facility asking if they sent the copy to my wife but they have since not replied my mail

As much as I have no doubt about their operation im still not very confortable how the whole thing went.

Thanks

Well I hate to point out the obvious but there is a chance your wife may not be telling the truth.... but - you now need to put that behind you and move on. Stop picking at the scab... and heal the wounds in your family...

212(a)( 5A)

Thanks

Not sure why INA 212(a)(5)(a) was selected as the reason for your son's visa denial as that section has to do with Labor Certification. My only guess is the wrong box was erroneously ticked. You can read more about it here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/ineligibilities.html

I suppose all these issues could really have been avoided if your wife did the simple right thing back in 2007/2008 - which is to have included the baby on her DV petition. This is how issues people consider to be no big deal come back to hunt! Anyway like Simon already suggested, you're better off trying to heal the wound in your family rather than picking at the scabs. Your wife can try to file/sponsor the child on her own. Maybe, just maybe, she may succeed, as you personally will not be able to file or sponsor the kid.

Help needed. Our interview is on monday 11th may but due to some reasons we want to postponed in to another date how can we do it? We need directions from u guys

Help needed. Our interview is on monday 11th may but due to some reasons we want to postponed in to another date how can we do it? We need directions from u guys

You want to postpone NOW a Monday interview? You're crazy. Unless it's a major emergency I think that's a bad idea. At this stage it's not even certain you could get a new date set.

20150508_234346-1.jpg
Not sure why INA 212(a)(5)(a) was selected as the reason for your son's visa denial as that section has to do with Labor Certification. My only guess is the wrong box was erroneously ticked. You can read more about it here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/ineligibilities.html

I suppose all these issues could really have been avoided if your wife did the simple right thing back in 2007/2008 - which is to have included the baby on her DV petition. This is how issues people consider to be no big deal come back to hunt! Anyway like Simon already suggested, you're better off trying to heal the wound in your family rather than picking at the scabs. Your wife can try to file/sponsor the child on her own. Maybe, just maybe, she may succeed, as you personally will not be able to file or sponsor the kid.

How much have you raise for now and how much more do you need? Can you raise the airfares after the visa approval?

stigaman i asked you a question on this forum but you never answered. sincerely i wanted to help you out. anyway, any postponement or trying to miss your appointment as schedule will mean the case is over.

If you new job will not require you to go to work on saturdays then I will encourage you to accept the offer. In that case all issues related to medicals (4X off days 1.medical & vaccibation 2.results collection 3. second vaccination 4. third vaccination) can be done on saturdays at holy trinity.
You will then be left with 1 day for police clearance, I got a man in room 9 who can collect it and put it down for you so that you can pick up on one of the 4 saturdays. And lastly 1 day for the interview, in that case you will only waste 2 working days which I'm sure can manage.
Thanks for your contribution @Thowa. Please what are the different test conducted in the medicals?