• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I thought I would visit here to see how you are all going....Guestgulkan, I really hope your number will come up, fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Gemma! I'll find out tomorrow maybe.

We've been here two weeks and but have decided to move to Colorado at the end of the month. It's just too hot and humid here.

You may change your perspective after experiencing a Colorado winter :)

I really hope this is a stupid question....
I was going through the Sydney Consulate "Instructions for Immigrant visa applicants in Australia" in preparation for my interview next Tuesday and on page 8 it states that the confirmation page of the DS-260 should have "a bar code and the applicant's picture". Only problem is - my confirmation page has no picture. Is this the same for everyone or have a royally screwed up somewhere?
Thanks in advance

I really hope this is a stupid question....
I was going through the Sydney Consulate "Instructions for Immigrant visa applicants in Australia" in preparation for my interview next Tuesday and on page 8 it states that the confirmation page of the DS-260 should have "a bar code and the applicant's picture". Only problem is - my confirmation page has no picture. Is this the same for everyone or have a royally screwed up somewhere?
Thanks in advance

Same for everyone. No photo on the DS260.

Thanks Gemma! I'll find out tomorrow maybe.

Fingers crossed, I'll check back to see!

You may change your perspective after experiencing a Colorado winter :)

I remember a long time ago now you gave me advice on Colorado. At least you can add layers but here there is no escape from the heat apart from staying indoors which is no fun.

I remember a long time ago now you gave me advice on Colorado. At least you can add layers but here there is no escape from the heat apart from staying indoors which is no fun.

Maybe it's because I live in Brisbane. In January it can be very unpleasant.

Make sure you drive up Mount Evans when you get the chance.

Hey everyone! Quick update from me, I arrived in New York yesterday (on a one-way-ticket) - pretty awesome to be here.

Processing at LAX was 'easy', but took a while as you have to queue up with everyone else (in the 'visitors' line - which on a busy morning at LAX, was a good few hundred people). Once actually at the immigration area I didn't have to say a word, and it only took them a few minutes.

Question - will it really take 6 months for the Greencard to arrive in the mail?? That's what it says on my paperwork - sounds a bit much surely?

Hey everyone! Quick update from me, I arrived in New York yesterday (on a one-way-ticket) - pretty awesome to be here.

Processing at LAX was 'easy', but took a while as you have to queue up with everyone else (in the 'visitors' line - which on a busy morning at LAX, was a good few hundred people). Once actually at the immigration area I didn't have to say a word, and it only took them a few minutes.

Question - will it really take 6 months for the Greencard to arrive in the mail?? That's what it says on my paperwork - sounds a bit much surely?

If you have already paid the $165 you should get your GC within a month or two.

We entered on 6 June. Production of our cards started on 1 July and, according to USCIS, our cards have been produced. So, by the time they get to our US address, around 4-6 weeks from POE.

Final Bulletin is out! I'm finally current, ( was shy of last month's by single digits!!) and Oceania had a healthy jump of 165, to reach 1490! A lot of people will be pleasantly surprised this morning! YAY!! I'm excited for those that thought it would hover around 1400... :)

Welcome! How good is this city?!
I activated 6 weeks ago and no sign of it yet...social security number came within 2 weeks.

How terrific to hear that so many OCers are finally going to wake up to some good news today. 1490 was a nice jump and probably unexpected for many. What a relief this must be after what must have been an excruciatingly long wait. Congratulations to who all have gone current!

Condolences to all who missed out. :( It might not be much but I hope those of you who did find some reassurance in the fact that the odds for winning again in OC are good and for Aussies especially, we have many more options for going to the US than other countries. :)