• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

:) Well that's that then. I am now a lawful permanent resident of the US.

We had booked a flight from Melbourne to LA and then a connecting flight from LA to JFK. Our first flight landed late, leaving us only one hour to get our green cards processed and catch the connecting flight.

The immigrations guys at LAX were very sweet. They congratulated us, said Welcome to the USA, and high fived the boys. Unfortunately there was no time to savour the moment as we only had 15 minutes to clear customs, go through security in the domestic terminal and get on the connecting flight.

But we made it.

We had booked a flight from Melbourne to LA and then a connecting flight from LA to JFK. Our first flight landed late, leaving us only one hour to get our green cards processed and catch the connecting flight.

The immigrations guys at LAX were very sweet. They congratulated us, said Welcome to the USA, and high fived the boys. Unfortunately there was no time to savour the moment as we only had 15 minutes to clear customs, go through security in the domestic terminal and get on the connecting flight.

But we made it.

Phew glad you made your connecting flight ok. That would have had the stress up a little but sounds like the LAX guys were very nice. Congratulations :)

But we made it.

Congrats @EmilyW

But we made it.

Congratulations Emily! Super jealous!

One day I will get to Fenway...

Congrats! Glad you made your flight, though in my opinion the best way to experience LAX is very briefly.

So true. LAX is one of the worst major airports in the world. You've got to wait on a tiny traffic island in the middle of traffic for the terminal bus, poor signage, go through security a second time unnecessarily, and half the terminals only have two food vendors and if they shut you starve. Was so disappointed when I first landed in the USA and saw LAX. .. then I went on to the Denver super airport and the USA was redeemed..!

Thanks Emily - I think I'll either be the last to graduate or I won't graduate at all! I've been resisting the urge to write anxious posts and kill the forum vibe, however I need the CN to go another 175 higher and that's a long way. Wish me luck!
Wishing you best wishes...

Help!

Hi everyone, so my wife and I scheduled for our interview tmrw morning but we've just had the infuriating news that the originals of my wife's birth certificate and South African police clearance will not be delivered to us in time.

The South African government (3 weeks late on the police clearance) and then DHL have completely misled us and despite promises that we'd have them today, they won't arrive until tomorrow.

We have photocopies of both documents.

Does anyone know if it's possible to take the originals in later in the week, and if so, how much will this delay the processing?

We're also worried that they might reject our application outright.

Any advice or knowledge would be invaluable... thank you! jw

HALLELUJAH!! Just quickly hopping on here using my phone to inform you all that we got Approved!!! I will post my story when I get to my computer.. Thank you all for the support! Love and bear hugs to you all!
Congrats bro. Awesome! Eager to hear your story.

Help!

Hi everyone, so my wife and I scheduled for our interview tmrw morning but we've just had the infuriating news that the originals of my wife's birth certificate and South African police clearance will not be delivered to us in time.

The South African government (3 weeks late on the police clearance) and then DHL have completely misled us and despite promises that we'd have them today, they won't arrive until tomorrow.

We have photocopies of both documents.

Does anyone know if it's possible to take the originals in later in the week, and if so, how much will this delay the processing?

We're also worried that they might reject our application outright.

Any advice or knowledge would be invaluable... thank you! jw
Could you get them as certified true copies?
Anyway, how come you have copies when you do not have originals?