• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hey everyone. I'm very happy to say that I was successful in my interview today! Thanks to everyone for the support and advice over the past few months. This forum has been the most useful resource I've come across in my DV journey, you're all champions.

One thing to document (some of you might remember the background from my previous posts):

Charging my birthplace (UK) to that of my parents (NZ)

In the end, the interviewer didn't even ask to see any of the supporting paperwork that I had prepared. In fact when I offered/gestured to show it, he stopped me dead in my tracks and just asked that I explain the situation to him, eye to eye... Thank god I was so prepared. Said the right things and we'd moved on to the next topic within a few minutes.

For anyone in a similar situation, or if you have anything that may be problematic or come into question for the interview, the best piece of advice I can give is to be as prepared and rehearsed as possible. For me, just the process of working through the facts/detail with my parents in the months prior, organising as much paperwork as possible, and then finally having it all there with me on the day was the difference. Even if the interviewer didn't refer to it, I could answer his questions/interrogation with conviction and confidence.

For anyone that does need to qualify under their parents place of birth, I would recommend reading up on this thread and getting as much similar info/evidence as you can find: (I didn't have as much evidence as that person, but was confident in my facts - as above - which got me through). http://forums.immigration.com/threa...view-–-born-in-non-chargeable-country.320358/

Not quite cracking open the champagne until I receive my Visa/passport back, but stoked nonetheless!

Hey everyone. I'm very happy to say that I was successful in my interview today! Thanks to everyone for the support and advice over the past few months. This forum has been the most useful resource I've come across in my DV journey, you're all champions.

One thing to document (some of you might remember the background from my previous posts):

In the end, the interviewer didn't even ask to see any of the supporting paperwork that I had prepared. In fact when I offered/gestured to show it, he stopped me dead in my tracks and just asked that I explain the situation to him, eye to eye... Thank god I was so prepared. Said the right things and we'd moved on to the next topic within a few minutes.

For anyone in a similar situation, or if you have anything that may be problematic or come into question for the interview, the best piece of advice I can give is to be as prepared and rehearsed as possible. For me, just the process of working through the facts/detail with my parents in the months prior, organising as much paperwork as possible, and then finally having it all there with me on the day was the difference. Even if the interviewer didn't refer to it, I could answer his questions/interrogation with conviction and confidence.

For anyone that does need to qualify under their parents place of birth, I would recommend reading up on this thread and getting as much similar info/evidence as you can find: (I didn't have as much evidence as that person, but was confident in my facts - as above - which got me through). http://forums.immigration.com/threads/successful-but-stressful-visa-interview-–-born-in-non-chargeable-country.320358/

Not quite cracking open the champagne until I receive my Visa/passport back, but stoked nonetheless!

Awesome! Congratulations!!

For anyone that does need to qualify under their parents place of birth, I would recommend reading up on this thread and getting as much similar info/evidence as you can find: (I didn't have as much evidence as that person, but was confident in my facts - as above - which got me through). http://forums.immigration.com/threads/successful-but-stressful-visa-interview-–-born-in-non-chargeable-country.320358/

Congratulations!!!

Wow I'm so glad it went so smoothly for you! Your preparation paid off and it was definitely worth it.

So we received our letters that we needed from the consulate to book a medical. All that is done .
On the letter it clearly states to email them the confirmation number that starts with AA before the interview which is fine.
But the problem is . It clearly states in bold letters to mail in all the documents prior to the interview.... Is this normal ?? From what I have read on here everyone else has taken their documents in at the time of interview.

Congratulations @reeko! I knew you could do it. That's awesome matey!

@Aucklander, I think sending your documents in early is a thing Auckland Consulate do. From memory, others have just dropped the documents off in person.

Congratulations @reeko! I knew you could do it. That's awesome matey!

@Aucklander, I think sending your documents in early is a thing Auckland Consulate do. From memory, others have just dropped the documents off in person.
Thanks Emily, documents getting sent off next week. We emailed the consulate and they told us to mail the documents in and then come to the interview with just passport and any other missing documents .
Strange how they do it so differently

Quick question about the dates in the DV 260 for things like schooling, do you have to know the exact date you commenced at the school and date finished, or is an estimate suitable? ie. we know the month and around the time of the month and year, but say don't know the actual date ie. like day you started Year 8.....it was awhile ago lol!

Thanks Emily we were thinking just put in dates around the time we thought but didn't think it was vital to be precise for that but then started worrying lol!

I did the same. I even contacted a colleague at the Department of Education here in Victoria to ask him about historical term dates!

My husband was the principal. He knew the month but not the date, and there was no way of us finding out about his schooling, so we went with 01. There were no problems.

I was thinking I would need to look up calendars from like 1989 and try and figure out what date the term may have started as heaven forbid if my "guesstimate" date was like a Saturday lol!

Congratulations :)

Great news. It really does make a difference when you are so prepared and are confident of your argument.

The 6 P's.

Proper Preparation Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance

Everyone has lower numbers than me, eeek. Have to keep positive! Hoping the bulletin will go current for me next year.
Hi Kellie. I have my fingers crossed for you and I both! I also have a high number.
I have asked this question many times, to many people but today I discovered this site and hope some one here can give me a clear answer.
What exactly does it mean when the bulletin goes "current" ?
Thank you :)

Hi Kellie. I have my fingers crossed for you and I both! I also have a high number.
I have asked this question many times, to many people but today I discovered this site and hope some one here can give me a clear answer.
What exactly does it mean when the bulletin goes "current" ?
Thank you :)

Current means you'll be scheduled for an interview. It's a good thing.

Your question is a little open, so a couple of things - when your number goes current, it means you'll be scheduled, if the region goes current it means everyone remaining in the region will be scheduled if possible.

Hello, could someone advise me on whether i can change my address to receive my Greencard online at USCIS website?, or do i have to now wait till POE and give the new address to the immigration official? Thanks.