• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Unfortunetely there doesn't seem to be a lot of winners around at the moment :(. Hopefully in the next few days they start to filter through. These forums have been nothing but gold for myself and my Wife, so I am hoping to give back as much as I can for the DV2016 winners!

If they are anything like me, once they start investigating next steps, they will find this forum. I joined about three weeks after learning I had won. Plus, there are alot of lurkers, who read but don't post.

The website just says In Process, not sure who to contact?
@CC1

you can call 1800 375 5283 for information for USCIS. When calling from Australia it took me a while to work it out but you dial 0011 1800 375 5283. To help with getting through the menu press #1 (for english) then * (for technical issues) then #8 that way you get a person on the other end. Idid try and use the option #2 which is have an enquiry regarding status of a case but they required me to enter a receipt number, and it wouldn't accept the one I have got. Once I got through the second time to an actual person they were very helpful regarding my wifes apparent non payment!

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: CC1
If they are anything like me, once they start investigating next steps, they will find this forum. I joined about three weeks after learning I had won. Plus, there are alot of lurkers, who read but don't post.
I do agree, I lurked for a while once we won but decided to join as there was way too many questions to answer and no relative answers at the time. I couldn't imagine doing this whole process without the help of everyone here. I also couldn't imagine what the process was like 15 years ago before the age of forums and the internet! so much information at your fingertips

Same for me. I didn't find the forum for a while and didn't "speak" for a few months. Mostly I went through the previous years thread and started to get information. I can't believe it's been a year already, I haven't even left the country yet :)

Hi HaydenS,

We'll also be having our interview in London (kiwis living in London) but still waiting to current. Would love to hear how your experience goes and any tips you have from a London embassy perspective. Good luck!

We have negotiated our way through and interview reschedule, medical, interview itself and just received passports back today. Have to be in by Oct 1st (6 mnths from medical), so all go now for job hunting. Happy to answer any of your questions. Have you had any news yet?

Man.. .do i feel sorry for the DV2016 applicants and all the speculation regarding the results. A lot of people really confused and upset, not really knowing the go. I cant imagine what it would of been like last year for us if this happened. Hopefully the issue will be sorted out soon and we can start to see some 100% confirmed DV2016 winners.

Hi all, hoping you can help with a couple of questions.

- the instructions received with the sealed entry envelopes say that green cards take approx 6 months after entry and "if you need to leave the U.S. during that period please tell the immigration inspector". What exactly can they do to allow you to leave during that time, for say a wedding or Xmas overseas? What happens each time you re-enter?
- my wife's passport says that she must accompany me as I am the principal applicant. Does this continue to apply up until we have our green cards? What if she needs to travel during that time?

Thanks

Hi all, hoping you can help with a couple of questions.

- the instructions received with the sealed entry envelopes say that green cards take approx 6 months after entry and "if you need to leave the U.S. during that period please tell the immigration inspector". What exactly can they do to allow you to leave during that time, for say a wedding or Xmas overseas? What happens each time you re-enter?
- my wife's passport says that she must accompany me as I am the principal applicant. Does this continue to apply up until we have our green cards? What if she needs to travel during that time?

Thanks

They won't take six months, but anyway even if they do your visa becomes a temporary green card when stamped on first entry (read the small print at the bottom). Remember you are an LPR as soon as you enter; the temp or plastic GC is just a way to show that.
The notation to accompany or follow you only applies to first entry. After that she is equal to you ;)

My son never got selected this year either so now it puts a real damper on moving over, we are a close knit family so I shall be trying other avenues now:(
I am sorry to hear that. Neither My Husband or myself were selected this year either :-(
We have just done a road trip from Toronto to Florida and had the BEST time, so it was quite sad to find that its not happening next year for us either.

Man.. .do i feel sorry for the DV2016 applicants and all the speculation regarding the results. A lot of people really confused and upset, not really knowing the go. I cant imagine what it would of been like last year for us if this happened. Hopefully the issue will be sorted out soon and we can start to see some 100% confirmed DV2016 winners.
Can someone fill me in on the issue? I tried reading the other posts but there's too much going on to get the gist of it.

How did you manage to enter the U.S. on 31 April? :confused:

The receipt number is on your elis account (number starting with "IOE") but will come up as an error on the link above until your account switches from "accepted" to "optimized".

I also couldn't track my Green Card via that website even when it went to "optimised" I only knew it was on its way when i logged in and saw an update on my ELIS account

I also couldn't track my Green Card via that website even when it went to "optimised" I only knew it was on its way when i logged in and saw an update on my ELIS account

Hm. It seems to be going to optimized a step earlier in the process than it used to,possibly that's why. Well, at least when card production begins you should be able to. The case status tracker gives you the USPS link to tracking number and realtime delivery info once it's mailed.

Hm. It seems to be going to optimized a step earlier in the process than it used to,possibly that's why. Well, at least when card production begins you should be able to. The case status tracker gives you the USPS link to tracking number and realtime delivery info once it's mailed.
Yeah it's quite good like that. The day i logged in was pretty much the day it got delivered.