• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Arrrrrrrgh...... Just realised I never had this form filled out at my medical!

5txu2a.jpg

Anyone know if it's a mandatory requirement that needs to accompany the medical results? Can't actually find any information about it.

Looks important, though I'm surprised Medibank didn't pick on up it. They were clued up when it came to the rest of the paperwork, the photographs and the overall process.

/IDIOT.

I really can't remember myself @reeko.

There are so many forms with the medical. You have a week though. Maybe call them and get them to fix it?

Sorry, this post really isn't much use is it.

I hope you all don't think I am whinging about the cost! ha I was just trying to say that there are all these little costs that add up in the end. By no means is it an expensive exercise in the scheme of the big picture. I can break down my costs also

Visa Fee $660USD ~ $894 AUD
Medicals $618 per person $1167AUD (Didn't need vaccinations for the wife)
USIC fee $330USD ~ $445AUD (2 People)
Return Flights to Sydney $400 - Only had to pay for one flight as I have a lot of Frequent Fliers due to work
Accommodation in Sydney $150 - one night flew out the same day of the interview
Police Clearances and Translations ~ $250

Total $3306 for 2 of us.

I won't include the return flight to activate the visas as this is something we had to do due to being pregnant and the timing. But we got a good deal of $1300 each return to NewYork from Perth (We were holidaying anyways with the inlays so really wasn't a visa expense)

To be honest getting the Visa is going to be the cheap part, moving and packing and relocating, cost of shipping container, selling and buying new furniture and cars etc is going to be the biggest expense. Not to mention having to deal with a brand new newborn at the same time!! fun times. Love it!

I had this form in our package (or similar) when i went for the X-ray the doctor told us to make sure that the x-ray person fills it in.
I would be ringing back up or going in and telling them it wasn't filled in and get them to do it. You paid for it so you should get it 100% complete.

Was this a form you took to them or something they supplied and didn't fill in?

I'll try to break down my costs so far (based on a family of four):

Visa fee: $1320USD (which ends up being $1686 converted)
USCIS fee: $640USD (which ends up being $829 converted)
Medicals: $1800 (based on $450 per person)
Return flight to Sydney: $1000
Accommodation for two nights in Sydney: $500 (highly recommend the Westin by the way, took three minutes to walk to the consulate)
Police checks: $84

So $5899 for the family all up. Pretty cheap when you think about it.

I think I need to start working again to meets these costs, but my toddler is still too young to be left in a childcare centre. Well, we'll cross that road when we get there.

WOOHOO!!
Just checked the USCIS website and looks like my Green Card has been Created and is on its way!
On the downside my Wife's one is still only at the "Accepted" bubble! :(
Mine was the same Hershal, I got my GC within a month but my hubby and daughter are still waitin 4 months in, hopefully it won't be too much longer:(

Mine was the same Hershal, I got my GC within a month but my hubby and daughter are still waitin 4 months in, hopefully it won't be too much longer:(

Have you contacted USCIS? 4 months is well outside the usual timeframe - something has gone wrong.

I had this form in our package (or similar) when i went for the X-ray the doctor told us to make sure that the x-ray person fills it in.
I would be ringing back up or going in and telling them it wasn't filled in and get them to do it. You paid for it so you should get it 100% complete.

Was this a form you took to them or something they supplied and didn't fill in?

So I went back to Medibank this morning and turns out it was a false alarm, they said they'd recently been advised by the US Consulate that it's no longer needed... As there were other forms that seemed to cover off the same thing (eg. the practictioners signing off on my photos/identification)... So, all good! (Here's hoping).

@reeko
better to be safe than sorry, would hate to get to the interview and they say all good but your missing one piece of paper thats not signed!

So I went back to Medibank this morning and turns out it was a false alarm, they said they'd recently been advised by the US Consulate that it's no longer needed... As there were other forms that seemed to cover off the same thing (eg. the practictioners signing off on my photos/identification)... So, all good! (Here's hoping).
Just to be on the safe side, just get it done, better to have a extra paper than needing one when needed- and not having it.

Last edited:
Good luck to all who entered/re entered DV2016...I remember this clearly from last year and I'm so excited for you all! Everything is crossed, GOOD LUCK!!!

My son never got selected this year either so now it puts a real damper on moving over, we are a close knit family so I shall be trying other avenues now:(

My wife green card issuing has had an issue, got a letter yesterday saying that the visa packet has been created but waiting on payment!!! which we have already paid and have a receipt for and everything! I rang USCIS last night and got nowhere, rang again this morning and ended up getting through to someone who took all the details and is going to try sort it out. They can see the payment but its not linked. So a little glitch on their end! hopefully its all good though. Shouldn't hold up anything for us because its only the "physical" green card and it should be done anyways before we enter permanent in december

My son never got selected this year either so now it puts a real damper on moving over, we are a close knit family so I shall be trying other avenues now:(
Unfortunetely there doesn't seem to be a lot of winners around at the moment :(. Hopefully in the next few days they start to filter through. These forums have been nothing but gold for myself and my Wife, so I am hoping to give back as much as I can for the DV2016 winners!

The website just says In Process, not sure who to contact?

There should be contact numbers at the bottom of the page as well as an email query form link, otherwise Google the general USCIS helpline (and get lots of patience ready)