• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

For you and connectedspace and other borderline case numbers - this could be interesting...

http://britsimonsays.com/response-rate-low/

Hm. That is interesting. A lower response rate in a region would certainly help push the final number higher. I think it might be a little optimistic to believe the OC response rate is down on last year, though there's no way of knowing given the huge AoS numbers and tardiness with processing the DS260 forms.

I'm just hoping/praying that the response rate is no higher than last year and that DV4Roger's quota estimates are correct.

If they are, then it's worth noting that our quota is just slightly less than the 2013 quota. So, of our visa/cn rate stays the same as 2013 and 2014, then we should expect our numbers to track the 2013 numbers; maybe staying just a little lower.

I say this because our embassies process at a steady trickle, and I can't imagine them jamming in a whole lot of cases at the end. We need steady, largish increases in the VB numbers over the last five months to reach 1600.

So this month's bulletin will be one to watch: high number folks might pray for at least 1000. If we're actually experiencing a lower response rate, I'd argue it'll be higher again.

Now please excuse me while I step outside to sacrifice another lamb to Cthulhu, since I'm convinced he and his capricious Lovecraftian brethren are actually running the DV lottery.

Now please excuse me while I step outside to sacrifice another lamb to Cthulhu, since I'm convinced he and his capricious Lovecraftian brethren are actually running the DV lottery.
I'm currently incapacitated with a totally stuffed back and also reeling from the effects of some heavy duty pain killers.... Capricious Lovecraftian brethren...ha!

Hm. That is interesting. A lower response rate in a region would certainly help push the final number higher. I think it might be a little optimistic to believe the OC response rate is down on last year, though there's no way of knowing given the huge AoS numbers and tardiness with processing the DS260 forms.

I'm just hoping/praying that the response rate is no higher than last year and that DV4Roger's quota estimates are correct.

If they are, then it's worth noting that our quota is just slightly less than the 2013 quota. So, of our visa/cn rate stays the same as 2013 and 2014, then we should expect our numbers to track the 2013 numbers; maybe staying just a little lower.

I say this because our embassies process at a steady trickle, and I can't imagine them jamming in a whole lot of cases at the end. We need steady, largish increases in the VB numbers over the last five months to reach 1600.

So this month's bulletin will be one to watch: high number folks might pray for at least 1000. If we're actually experiencing a lower response rate, I'd argue it'll be higher again.

Yes agreed - the combination of Ds260 screwup and the system glitch effect is hard to distinguish. However, it seems very unlikely we are getting a higher response rate. The Ceac data just doesn't show that and it probably would by now.

I do enjoy a bit of lamb myself!

Hi I do hope the VB jump this month is significantly higher, so that everyone waiting to become current is hopeful of interview. Feeling for you. I have been in USA now for almost 3 weeks and have finally opened bank accounts, currently wading through the maze of health insurance options and awaiting for the social security number so that I can finalize other things like a driver's test. Does anyone on this forum know how long is the usual wait for social security numbers?

Hi I do hope the VB jump this month is significantly higher, so that everyone waiting to become current is hopeful of interview. Feeling for you. I have been in USA now for almost 3 weeks and have finally opened bank accounts, currently wading through the maze of health insurance options and awaiting for the social security number so that I can finalize other things like a driver's test. Does anyone on this forum know how long is the usual wait for social security numbers?

If you haven't got your SSN by now, you should get down the SSA and make sure there is an application in process for you. PLenty have people have found there is not an application despite ticking the "I want a SSN" box.

The problem with using a hotel address is that it could be over 6 months before they send your Green Card. I highly doubt you'll still be at that same hotel or that they'll be prepared to keep a look out for it and notify you when it arrives. Do you have any other friends in the US you could send it to? It doesn't necessarily need to be near you as they can then send it on or you can pick it up from them. I have used an address in Kansas for my Green Card even though I'm going to be based in LA because it was the most reliable address. Perhaps there's someone on here that's will be moving before you that will be living in the Colorado area who could help too?
Thanks Essey, hopefully we won't be at a hotel for more than a few days. We don't know anyone in the US so I might rejoin Escapees and get it sent to our mailing address. Just need to confirm if that's okay as I think I read somewhere it had to be a physical address.

My US buddy started getting unreliable, that's why I started using Shipito to store my US mail. I've been away too long!
No worries, thanks for your reply. Might look at Shipito in addition to Escapees in Texas which is what we used when we were there last time.

If you haven't got your SSN by now, you should get down the SSA and make sure there is an application in process for you. PLenty have people have found there is not an application despite ticking the "I want a SSN" box.
Good to know, I thought it would happen by ticking that box. Should know by now it's not safe to assume! Thanks for the tip.

Phew it just got delivered today! I got someone to go and check my letterbox while I'm at work.

I'm really happy for you that it's come. Bit of a nail biting ride we didn't need being so close to the interview! Hopefully ours will come today or tomorrow otherwise times up and we will have to use the original one - with letter from the US Consulate saying it's acceptable. We don't get mail in our town so mail usually takes that much longer. We have a PO Box and we check it daily.

See you Tuesday, I'll have two girls with hubby and I. You probably saw them at Medibank the other day as they were there from 10am.

I'm really happy for you that it's come. Bit of a nail biting ride we didn't need being so close to the interview! Hopefully ours will come today or tomorrow otherwise times up and we will have to use the original one - with letter from the US Consulate saying it's acceptable. We don't get mail in our town so mail usually takes that much longer. We have a PO Box and we check it daily.

See you Tuesday, I'll have two girls with hubby and I. You probably saw them at Medibank the other day as they were there from 10am.

Fingers crossed that yours comes today! Oh yes I saw them in the waiting room at Medibank. What time is your interview? I'll be sure to come over and say hi :)

No worries, thanks for your reply. Might look at Shipito in addition to Escapees in Texas which is what we used when we were there last time.

My understanding is you aren't allowed to use mailbox services for the Greencard so I'll have to hope my mate doesn't throw my GC in the trash.

I'm lucky to have my cousin in San Fransisco so using her address. Just hoping she stays there. Yet another thing not in my control during this process!

Hi All,

Im looking ay paying my $165 fee for my greenacard but hit a little snag. With the A-Number it says I require 8-9 numbers and I have a number such as A6432XXXX but it wont accept. Does anyone know if I need to put a zero after the A? It seems to work after I do this.

Hi All,

Im looking ay paying my $165 fee for my greenacard but hit a little snag. With the A-Number it says I require 8-9 numbers and I have a number such as A6432XXXX but it wont accept. Does anyone know if I need to put a zero after the A? It seems to work after I do this.

Nevermind found the answer

Glad you found the answer - don't you pay it at POE?

Farewell drinks for my old manager tonight. One of my work colleagues used to live in Golden and is friends with someone who lives there (she's Australian). So she said he wouldn't mind if we had our Greencard sent there. Another ex-colleague is British and works in the UK, she has lots of connections in Chicago. This company is a large Global company which is good. Not sure if we could handle the weather in Chicago but really we could live anywhere when we first get there.

Our second Police Certificates didn't arrive so we have no choice and will have to use the original ones.

You all sound organised where to have your Greencard sent.

Just popping in. You never knows, the Gods might smile and the numbers could skyrocket for us high CN hopefulls.
It is snowing, snowing, snowing here in Canada, poor New York area in USA is taking a hammering also.
I sat for the first part of my Ontario drivers license today. The good thing is that once i have it, I will be eligible for a license in most US states when and if we move there.
We have just booked tickets to head to Florida for Spring break ( Canada is at a slightly different time to USA so hopefully won't be too packed) We are all looking forward to that. We were going to head to New York next weekend when it will be a holiday weekend here in Canada, but I want to wait till the weather is a little nicer.
Canada is definitely more American than Commonwealth, in pretty much all things.
Whats up with the cheese in North America ???? Its like bright orange and tastes like rubber LOL
I am loving it here, we are having such a great time getting to know whats what and we have done and seen some really cool things, but it has also given me an appreciation of how easy we had it home in NZ.
The process to get anything done here is crazy ( by my standards).
One thing I have had to learn is that we are Newly landed, so NO ONE trusts us LOL. When we first went to get Internet organized they wanted a $400 deposit on a pre paid credit card. Stuff like that really knocked us about the first couple of weeks because it was so much mucking about going to and fro to keep everyone happy. Even car insurance is expensive, because we are treated like newly licensed drivers with no accessible insurance records.
Anyway, thats just my musings on this grey snowy day.
I hear its a hot summer down under. I can't wait for spring !!
Good luck everyone getting ready to take the plunge.