• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

The thing is, though, that if DV4ROGER's quota calculation is accurate then we're cruising for a cutoff number somewhere between 1540 (which would be sad) and 1675. Assuming, that is, that we have the same density as last year -- a pretty safe bet.

So if we stay between 100 and 225 above last year's numbers then we're pretty much on track with predictions. I just hope we get a bump up from 125 ahead to, say, 200 ahead.

I'd say you guys in the low 900s are set for April interviews.

The thing is, though, that if DV4ROGER's quota calculation is accurate then we're cruising for a cutoff number somewhere between 1540 (which would be sad) and 1675. Assuming, that is, that we have the same density as last year -- a pretty safe bet.

So if we stay between 100 and 225 above last year's numbers then we're pretty much on track with predictions. I just hope we get a bump up from 125 ahead to, say, 200 ahead.

No argument with any of that from me....

775 leaves me out. Hopefully March interview. Was really hoping for a bigger jump. The next one will be Im guessing.

775 leaves me out. Hopefully March interview. Was really hoping for a bigger jump. The next one will be Im guessing.
So close! I would be going crazy if that happened to me. At least you know you're guaranteed for next month.... that is of course if they have processed your DS260 yet, which is a whole other story...

So close! I would be going crazy if that happened to me. At least you know you're guaranteed for next month.... that is of course if they have processed your DS260 yet, which is a whole other story...

It is frustrating but i kind of expected a 75 jump. Hopefully i will get an early march interview. I am just over the 75 mark bugger it lol. I rang KCC to see if my unlocking of my DS260 will slow me up and she said no I was good to go.

So I mostly agree but I'm still feeling a March interview. I'm predicting a jump of 150 next VB. The rest of what you're saying seems sound.
Anyway this month should go fast with just 2 weeks left of work, Xmas, fun Aussie Summer (my last for a while!) so I'm going to make the most of every minute I have here in the country I love....and try not to panic! Lol

Hi, iv been reading this forum all week (all 105 pages) I have stayed positive since finding out my case number is oc17xx (in the high end of 1700's) but it could be worse right? Iv studied all previous VB and was still hopeful. But now after reading these posts I'm kinda feeling a lot less confident. But still fingers crossed.

Hi, iv been reading this forum all week (all 105 pages) I have stayed positive since finding out my case number is oc17xx (in the high end of 1700's) but it could be worse right? Iv studied all previous VB and was still hopeful. But now after reading these posts I'm kinda feeling a lot less confident. But still fingers crossed.
Welcome! Well done on reading the whole thread, it's a lot to get through but such a wealth of information. Your number could be worse, keep an eye on the bulletin and good luck! Another thing is to keep entering, as you can see I missed out last year but because I had re-entered, I got selected again with a much better number this year. I presume you've submitted your DS260 form?

That number is going to be tight - too close to call for sure at this stage. Best of luck!

One other thing you may want to take into consideration when researching place to live is the politics.
Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative, civilized or redneck......... it seems the folk of good ol USA usually demonstrate and are proud of their beliefs. You dont want to be singing Kumbaya at aKKK meeting, if you know what I mean............;)

Republicans are very hospitable, welcoming and make great neighbours. Southern hospitality and all that. And they love Aussies.

Hi everyone,

I have just joined this forum, I'm so glad I found it as I have many questions about the whole process. I will read through as many of the posts as I can.

I'm so happy to announce that my CN is under number 775 that was released in the VB today for the interviews in February.

Does anyone know how long it will take to get contacted with details of the interview date and time after they have released the VB today?

Also does anyone know much about the medical that we need to have? Is it just chest x-ray and vaccination history that we need?

Thanks so much, sorry if this information has been covered off previously, there is alot of read over!

Hi everyone,

I have just joined this forum, I'm so glad I found it as I have many questions about the whole process. I will read through as many of the posts as I can.

I'm so happy to announce that my CN is under number 775 that was released in the VB today for the interviews in February.

Does anyone know how long it will take to get contacted with details of the interview date and time after they have released the VB today?

Also does anyone know much about the medical that we need to have? Is it just chest x-ray and vaccination history that we need?

Thanks so much, sorry if this information has been covered off previously, there is alot of read over!
Congrats on going current! It's a good feeling. The interviews have been scheduled anywhere from around the 15th to the 26th of the month this year, so hang tight and keep an eye out for the email. You can also check on the EDV website (where you got your selection letter), as this is where your 2NL will be when it is issued. If you submitted your DS260 late, you may not receive an interview in the month you go current as there have been delays in processing them this year.

With regard to the medical, you need to make your appointment with one of the doctors in your city listed in the DV selectee instructions and they will advise you what you need to bring. Vaccination history will certainly help and may mean you don't need to get any additional vaccinations. They will also refer you for the x-ray part which may be at a different location, depending on the place you go.

Edit: yes there is a lot in this thread to read, but I highly recommend it if you have time, as there is a WEALTH of information in these pages with people sharing their experiences at every stage of the process and it will probably answer almost any question you have!

Hi! I just joined as my friend got her green card from 2014 dv and said this was really helpful... I got selected for 2015 and my number just became current! I've been trying to read as much as I can on here but there are so many pages! I'm number 7xx and its current for February so does that mean I'll get an interview in February!? Also when will I receive the interview email? I was going to apply for an adjustment of status as I was on an exchange visa this year but just returned to Australia so I didn't become illegal. kcc change my interview location to Sydney but I've already got all my medical paperwork from USA... Does that mean I need to do it all over again in Sydney?? Sorry for all the questions!

Hi! I just joined as my friend got her green card from 2014 dv and said this was really helpful... I got selected for 2015 and my number just became current! I've been trying to read as much as I can on here but there are so many pages! I'm number 7xx and its current for February so does that mean I'll get an interview in February!? Also when will I receive the interview email? I was going to apply for an adjustment of status as I was on an exchange visa this year but just returned to Australia so I didn't become illegal. kcc change my interview location to Sydney but I've already got all my medical paperwork from USA... Does that mean I need to do it all over again in Sydney?? Sorry for all the questions!

Welcome!! I am unsure about whether you will have to get an Australian medical... Britsimon or one of the moderators may be able to answer that though :) They know everything ;)
When did you submit your DS260? Do you know if it has finished processing?
Also..you can search this thread for things you are looking for answers for, rather than reading all 105 pages, if you like. Use the search box up the top and tick "this thread only" :)

Welcome!! I am unsure about whether you will have to get an Australian medical... Britsimon or one of the moderators may be able to answer that though :) They know everything ;)
When did you submit your DS260? Do you know if it has finished processing?
Also..you can search this thread for things you are looking for answers for, rather than reading all 105 pages, if you like. Use the search box up the top and tick "this thread only" :)

Hi and thanks!!! I have no idea if it's finished processing... How would I find out?? I put submitted it in May and they unlocked it for me in November to change to consular interview and they replied an said it was changed successfully

Hi does anyone know if it's classified as "residing" in USA if I was there on a student visa? I noticed it now says if u reside outside Australia for more than 6 months you have to get police clearance and it used to be 12 months