• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Republicans are very hospitable, welcoming and make great neighbours. Southern hospitality and all that. And they love Aussies.

and most of them would have me strung up and shot purely because of who I am........ soooo hospitable:rolleyes:?
As long as you have similar beliefs as your neighbors youll be just fine. I guess like minded people is what we are after.

Hi does anyone know if it's classified as "residing" in USA if I was there on a student visa? I noticed it now says if u reside outside Australia for more than 6 months you have to get police clearance and it used to be 12 months
You don't need to get a police check from the US if you've lived there before, as they will already have access to check your record. It's only if you've lived in other countries :) And obviously you need the Australian police check as well.

Hi does anyone know if it's classified as "residing" in USA if I was there on a student visa? I noticed it now says if u reside outside Australia for more than 6 months you have to get police clearance and it used to be 12 months

Hi Eljw, you dont need a police clearance if you have resided or lived in the US for more than 6 months.

Hi! I just joined as my friend got her green card from 2014 dv and said this was really helpful... I got selected for 2015 and my number just became current! I've been trying to read as much as I can on here but there are so many pages! I'm number 7xx and its current for February so does that mean I'll get an interview in February!? Also when will I receive the interview email? I was going to apply for an adjustment of status as I was on an exchange visa this year but just returned to Australia so I didn't become illegal. kcc change my interview location to Sydney but I've already got all my medical paperwork from USA... Does that mean I need to do it all over again in Sydney?? Sorry for all the questions!

You will need to redo the medical exam in Sydney.

Thanks! You guys are really helpful... you're giving me answers to things i would never have been able to find out! lol

Thanks! You guys are really helpful... you're giving me answers to things i would never have been able to find out! lol

Problem is we are all habitual liars. This is our recovery group. lol just kidding. We have all been here to help each other and its been quite an experience, pretty friggin awesome actually.

Oh my god, cheese! I hope the US doesn't cramp my love of cheese style (not sure how that sentence sounds when read by others?)
http://www.cheeserank.com/culture/cheese-culture/cheeses-banned-in-the-us/

You'll be pleased to know that I'm eating some now.

And I intend to have more at lunch.

To be honest, I'm not sure a truly committed cheese eater can cope here. The local cheese is awful. You have to budget appropriately to get decent cheese.

Jwr5tCK.gif

To be honest, I'm not sure a truly committed cheese eater can cope here. The local cheese is awful. You have to budget appropriately to get decent cheese.

You are in the minority Simon, another cheese lover here! I've never met a cheese I didn't like. There's an awesome cheese shop in San Fran down in Embarcadero. They make amazing on-site toasties or 'grilled cheese' as the Yanks call them.

You are in the minority Simon, another cheese lover here! I've never met a cheese I didn't like. There's an awesome cheese shop in San Fran down in Embarcadero. They make amazing on-site toasties or 'grilled cheese' as the Yanks call them.

OK - I don't want to get into a cheese argument - but just the fact that you revere a "grilled cheese" kind of disqualifies you. You'll be telling me next that cheese out of a can is the best thing ever! :p:D

Joking apart - yes there are a few places you can get decent cheese - but the expectation is pretty low. Kind of like American bread.

Now there's a mental image.

I always imagined you looked like your avatar.

I make the face in my avatar several times a day.