• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Travelodge seems to be the way to go. Check out Adrian Crawford's blog:
http://crawfinusa.com/green-card-interview-process/
He's done an awesome job detailing the whole lottery process. It's jam packed full of some good info.

Travelodge is going for $199. for a night. Yikes! :oops:Bloody Robbery I say:eek:

Im booked at the DeVere fo $98. per night.
Room Type: Premium Balcony Room
Room with a Balcony overlooking Macleay Street, Ensuite Bath/Shower, Digital High Definition LCD TV, Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioning, IDD Phone, Fridge, Tea/Coffee Making Facilities, AM/FM Radio Alarm Clock, Dial-Up Internet Port, Iron and Ironing Board and Hair Dryer.

It is a 10-15 min walk through the park to the consulate. A nice morning meander to meditate with a coffee.

Travelodge seems to be the way to go. Check out Adrian Crawford's blog:
http://crawfinusa.com/green-card-interview-process/
He's done an awesome job detailing the whole lottery process. It's jam packed full of some good info.

Haha thank you kindly. I haven't been here for awhile because my login details seemed to not work so well, but evidently they're fine now.

I'm busy writing a re-introduction post for all those folks who find my blog again, now that lottery season is open!

I heard from the Auckland Consulate this morning. They have received notification of their DV appointments for November and will be mailing out medical forms in the next day or so.

Surprised how quickly they are responding to emails.

Also attached was a sheet about the Police checks (NZ only). It states " The Consulate General no longer processes police clearances for residents or former residents of New Zealand." So you must go through Ministry of Justice with the Priv/F1 form, for a full record of convitions (clean slate act proviso does not apply).

That's interesting - last year I got the impression that the Auckland Consulate didn't process DV applicants, because there were a number of Kiwis flying to Sydney for their interviews.

Do you know if that's a first-time thing Bradley, or has it always been like that? I'd have thought flying to Sydney would be a huge pain in the ass if one could get it done somewhere in New Zealand.

That's interesting - last year I got the impression that the Auckland Consulate didn't process DV applicants, because there were a number of Kiwis flying to Sydney for their interviews.

Do you know if that's a first-time thing Bradley, or has it always been like that? I'd have thought flying to Sydney would be a huge pain in the ass if one could get it done somewhere in New Zealand.

Auckland processed visas in DV2013 and DV2014 - I'm not sure if they have "always" done it - but at least the last two years (according to CEAC data).

I heard from the Auckland Consulate this morning. They have received notification of their DV appointments for November and will be mailing out medical forms in the next day or so.

Surprised how quickly they are responding to emails.

Also attached was a sheet about the Police checks (NZ only). It states " The Consulate General no longer processes police clearances for residents or former residents of New Zealand." So you must go through Ministry of Justice with the Priv/F1 form, for a full record of convitions (clean slate act proviso does not apply).

What is your CN by the way? Replace the last 2 numbers with x's

Hey kiwione,
CN number is 24x. My wife is piggybacking on my entry.

I had a buddy get processed through Auckland two years back so they've been doing it a while now. Years ago when I was a teenager I had some sort of visa processed there, can't remember the details of it, but do remember the bank-like tellers and strict security.

I would have thought it rather bizarre NZ didnt process its own. After all it is a country with a US consulate that processes all other visa types. In the past I have been issued a couple of B2's and an R1 from Auckland. Go figure!:rolleyes:

I would have thought it rather bizarre NZ didnt process its own. After all it is a country with a US consulate that processes all other visa types. In the past I have been issued a couple of B2's and an R1 from Auckland. Go figure!:rolleyes:

There are some countries with consulates who do all visas except immigrant ones and people need to travel to a different country for immigrant visas. And countries that have a number of visa-issuing consulates will usually only have one that does immigrant visas. So no it wouldn't actually be that bizarre... (Other than it is usually 'third world' countries where they make people undertake the expense of travelling to another country to get the visa. Go figure.)

There are some countries with consulates who do all visas except immigrant ones and people need to travel to a different country for immigrant visas. And countries that have a number of visa-issuing consulates will usually only have one that does immigrant visas. So no it wouldn't actually be that bizarre... (Other than it is usually 'third world' countries where they make people undertake the expense of travelling to another country to get the visa. Go figure.)

Not that it really matters, but I have a couple of friends who have had immigrant visa's issued through Auckland in the past. Not diversity though.
As a Kiwi I do feel like NZ is close to 3rd world but the reality is it isnt. Yup indeed Im figuring :)

I believe Toni is interviewing in Auckland this Thursday. Yikes! Can't wait for our first graduate of OC class 2015!
Email the Sydney consulate as well, if you haven't already. If you can't get anything definitive from them, I'd take the email from the NZ consulate along with you to the interview. It may be that Sydney doesn't have a lot of experience with NZ education side of things so seeing an email from the NZ consulate saying that it is OK may help sway the case officer, should he/she have any concerns.
Yes, had our interview today in Auckland, all went well. Will post details of the interview when I come back down to earth!

NZ have done DV interviews for at least the last 4 years that I know of. Incidentally no one that had their interviews in AK were denied last year

I am just trying to get the photos done for us all so I can get our entry in for 2016. There is so much going on here lately that I am finding time to do this one small thing a little tricky LOL
We have booked our tickets for Canada, and we fly out on Dec 7. Very excited. We are having Xmas at Lake Tahoe with family. Should be fabulous.