• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

It's been a great start to DV2015 and I hope it continues.

I for one like my number. I have a house to sell, kids to consider (in terms of schooling) and I'm in the middle of a global qualification that - once complete - will mean no bridging work for my degrees to be recognised. In other words, lots of sh*t to do.

For me, an April - May interview is perfect to get all that sh*t out of the way.

If we get the visa, we will activate during the (American) summer, come back to sell up and then move just before Christmas 2015.
Eek...I've no kids to worry about or house to sell and there is already heaps of sh*t to do without that! I didn't realise just how much stuff I need to do to pick up my life and move.:confused:

It's been a great start to DV2015 and I hope it continues.

I for one like my number. I have a house to sell, kids to consider (in terms of schooling) and I'm in the middle of a global qualification that - once complete - will mean no bridging work for my degrees to be recognised. In other words, lots of sh*t to do.

For me, an April - May interview is perfect to get all that sh*t out of the way.

If we get the visa, we will activate during the (American) summer, come back to sell up and then move just before Christmas 2015.

It's a good point. I'm still waiting on the Army to send my service record -- it'll probably take many more months yet. Of course, you can have too much of a good thing... like a CN > 1450 ;)

Eek...I've no kids to worry about or house to sell and there is already heaps of sh*t to do without that! I didn't realise just how much stuff I need to do to pick up my life and move.:confused:
I cant even imagine having to factor kids into this equation. I'm already stressing about my dog.

The kids are my biggest worry. One of my kids is a little 'different' to the others so we are trying to be sensitive to his needs.

Besides the house, there's a cat that's coming, we have to sell the cars and motorbikes... so much to consider when you're going as a family.

But, as a friend recently told me, don't let your dreams turn into regrets.

The kids are my biggest worry. One of my kids is a little 'different' to the others so we are trying to be sensitive to his needs.

Besides the house, there's a cat that's coming, we have to sell the cars and motorbikes... so much to consider when you're going as a family.

But, as a friend recently told me, don't let your dreams turn into regrets.
Good point. It is such a big step. Some bridges will definitely get burned but you cant do everything. So going with your dreams is a damn good idea.

I cant even imagine having to factor kids into this equation. I'm already stressing about my dog.

We are also taking our dog! We got a quote from JetPets...which was absurdly expensive and they skirted around my questions about a breakdown of the costs and questioning their $700 customs fees (there's no customs fees to bring a dog into the US).
Got a quote today going direct with Qantas Freight and it's $1400. (plus we'd pay for our own crate, vet check and DAFF export thingy but even still would be $1k cheaper than using Jetpets!)
I'll keep an update going of our process with a dog if that's helpful!

We are also taking our dog! We got a quote from JetPets...which was absurdly expensive and they skirted around my questions about a breakdown of the costs and questioning their $700 customs fees (there's no customs fees to bring a dog into the US).
Got a quote today going direct with Qantas Freight and it's $1400. (plus we'd pay for our own crate, vet check and DAFF export thingy but even still would be $1k cheaper than using Jetpets!)
Thanks. Yes I'm not sure I'll be taking her. Not straight off anyway. Need to find a house for me first. Well after I get the visa that is lol

FYI, I read an article recently that said if you fly direct with Delta you can bring a pet as extra luggage - so it ends up only costing about $700 (including the case you need to purchase). Much cheaper than freight!

FYI, I read an article recently that said if you fly direct with Delta you can bring a pet as extra luggage - so it ends up only costing about $700 (including the case you need to purchase). Much cheaper than freight!
Thanks! Ill look Into that when the time comes.

I don't think they allow it from or to Australia unfortunately. Their website states "Australian law does not allow pets as carry on or checked baggage". .... I've looked at all the airlines but as we have a French Bulldog, Qantas is the only airline who will fly her (with an indemnity waiver).

Hi all,
i remember reading somewhere that the interviews in sydney were on specific days only.

trying to find that info but couldnt and went through a bunch of posts and saw one person post they got an interview on the 28th of oct. - tuesday.

is it only tuesdays or is it any day of the week?

cheers,

Hi all,
i remember reading somewhere that the interviews in sydney were on specific days only.

trying to find that info but couldnt and went through a bunch of posts and saw one person post they got an interview on the 28th of oct. - tuesday.

cheers,

You read right. Past applicants have reported its done on Tuesdays only.

Have a look into United as well - apparently they have a good reputation for pet travel. I'll most likely be taking my cat on them as I know people who work for them and they can vouch for how the animals are taken care of in transit (which is my biggest concern). At least going to the US it's relatively easy to bring pets in and they don't need to go into quarantine as long as they have all their vaccinations. When you bring them into Australia there's a long quarantine process.

Yeah Australia's quarantine laws are a bit excessive. If you can prove your pet has the vaccinations why be so anal? America got that bit right.

You read right. Past applicants have reported its done on Tuesdays only.
ok great thanks

just need to book some stuff n dont want to have the possibility of having them on the same day.. even though i dont know which month my interview is, but my guess is march - april - may for a 9XX number.

Hi all,

cheers,

I think it was reported a number of times for DV2014 that they only did the second Tuesday of the month, which might narrow it down even more for you.

I think it was reported a number of times for DV2014 that they only did the second Tuesday of the month, which might narrow it down even more for you.
ok cool,

well the 28th of oct is the last tuesday, so maybe its changed to any tuesday..