• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Welcome ZShep!

For the AUstralian one, you'll need an Australian Federal Police and for the UK, an ACRO one (my husband lived in England too, so he will need both).

As someone else pointed out to me the official Reciprocity webpage for Australia indicates they want the state police clearance if you are resident in Australia:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AS.html

You know, I reckon they'd accept the federal one, but do you want to take the risk?

My understanding is there is no state police clearance (although I could be wrong). You apply via your state police but the check undertaken is a Federal one, which covers all states and territories in Australia.

Hi all. First time on this forum. I have a case number 2015 OC14XX. Here's hoping I get an interview sometime next year. I guess it depends on how many people apply this year with the new online form.

As someone else pointed out to me the official Reciprocity webpage for Australia indicates they want the state police clearance if you are resident in Australia:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AS.html

You know, I reckon they'd accept the federal one, but do you want to take the risk?

Gulkan - it's a little different if you're currently residing outside of Australia. In this case, a Federal Clearance is appropriate (per the table on the page you linked to).

Hi all. First time on this forum. I have a case number 2015 OC14XX. Here's hoping I get an interview sometime next year. I guess it depends on how many people apply this year with the new online form.

Welcome japanaus. I'd say you're looking at July / August 2016 for your interview.

Yes, I'll be interested to see what difference that online form makes. Will the ease of returning details to KCC increase the number of submissions, thereby slowing the progress through the low CNs? Or can we presume that lottery winners would have been motivated enough to do the paperwork by hand and pay for international delivery, thereby making the difference negligible.

Considering the cost of medicals, the need for a substantial mass of $US and the cost of plane tickets, reason suggests the former. But then, people don't often think very far ahead, and an easy form submission process might prompt otherwise unsuitable candidates to delay making the hard decision until much later.

Last edited:
I think it will be interesting.

The DS260 is pretty detailed so, whilst it's online and easier to submit, it requires you to really think about your responses and it doesn't allow for gaps / errors. An example being addresses and places lived. The old form only required suburb, state and months you were there. The new form asks for full addresses includes day, month and year of you living there. Another example is employment. The old form only required the organisation's name, location, dates of employment and title. The new form asks for addresses, supervisor's name, phone contact. Going into that level of detail will, I think, put some people off or second guess their eligibility. Perhaps.

I hope that, in moving to an electronic system and removing the need for KCC to physically trawl through paperwork, the processing through the KCC might change. They may be able to more quickly process applications and, as a result, cases might land in the consulates quicker. Whether the consulates can manage a speedier process remains to be seen I guess.

Alot of people do drop out early because of the cost of the process. The electronic DS260, whilst easier to submit, really does make you think about the process you're entering into. I know we've thought twice about it.

Yes, I'll be interested to see what difference that online form makes. Will the ease of returning details to KCC increase the number of submissions, thereby slowing the progress through the low CNs? Or can we presume that lottery winners would have been motivated enough to do the paperwork by hand and pay for international delivery, thereby making the difference negligible.

Considering the cost of medicals, the need for a substantial mass of $US and the cost of plane tickets, reason suggests the former. But then, people don't often think very far ahead, and an easy form submission process might prompt otherwise unsuitable candidates to delay making the hard decision until much later.

It's an interesting point. We'll have an idea in November this year whether the "density" has changed due to DS-260.

I've got a theory there might be more interviews scheduled but also an increased number of no-shows ie "Ready" status that stays ready forever.

Do you think that it will all even out then guestgulkan? So more interviews are scheduled but lots of no shows (from people who drop out for whatever reason).

Do you think that it will all even out then guestgulkan? So more interviews are scheduled but lots of no shows (from people who drop out for whatever reason).

It's hard to say. I hope so. My number isn't high enough (14xx) to withstand a big increase in "density"

I'll be looking forward to seeing the first CEAC data in early November.

I think the no shows will stay consistent as for past years, but the ease of the DS260 might prove interesting. Hopefully they iron out any issues in the first couple of months once they know the patterns. I'm not overly nervous with my number but I am marginally uncomfortable.

I'm also hopeful that we might see different patterns given there are fewer selectees this year. I'd like to think that this was intentional to allow for an upsurge in submitted DS260s.

Well, that's what I'd like to think anyway LOL.

Last edited:
I think the no shows will stay consistent as for past years, but the ease of the DS260 might prove interesting. Hopefully they iron out any issues in the first couple of months once they know the patterns. I'm not overly nervous with my number but I am marginally uncomfortable.

I'm also hopeful that we might see different patterns given there are fewer selectees this year. I'd like to think that this was intentional to allow for an upsurge in submitted DS260s.

Well, that's what I'd like to think anyway LOL.

I am very uncomfortable for my number 19XX, I think its safe to say that i won't be getting an interview at all. I am trying to just move on and not give it too much head space. We do have other plans we are working on, but a green card would blitz those in a nano second LOL.
I am looking forward to ( or dreading) the last VB for 2014. It will give me peace of mind either way I think.
I guess thats where those of us this year with higher CNs are a little luckier than 2014s. We will find out fairly soon if we stand a chance or not before Xmas, instead of potentially spending a whole year on a knifes edge , waiting and hoping.

Hi Guys,

OC20156X

Been reading a bit about the vaccinations posts on here. When asked the question if I have documentation to establish that you have recieved vaccincations in accordance with the US law, I answered it as " I dont have any documentation of vaccinations Ive recieved in the past in regards to the US law but I will obtain if necessary". Is this a sufficent response?

Hi Guys,

OC20156X

Been reading a bit about the vaccinations posts on here. When asked the question if I have documentation to establish that you have recieved vaccincations in accordance with the US law, I answered it as " I dont have any documentation of vaccinations Ive recieved in the past in regards to the US law but I will obtain if necessary". Is this a sufficent response?
I pretty much said the same thing, I think I said i will ensure that I obtain required vaccinations and docs when I have my full medical in the lead up to an interview. Hopefully it is enough.

Yep, that's the right answer. We actually have all our documentation on vaccinations done and verified by our GP so our answer is 'Yes'.

You have an awesome number ozimattskey! I think I've only seen one lower than yours (on this forum anyway).

Thanks Emily I didnt think I could go wrong with that answer.

Its my 6th year of going in the lottery and never got a look in before, I didnt even realise a number in the 60s was good until I read this forum. Bit nervous though in that I think if my interview goes well Ill have to use my visa by March which isnt far away.

Thanks Emily I didnt think I could go wrong with that answer.

Its my 6th year of going in the lottery and never got a look in before, I didnt even realise a number in the 60s was good until I read this forum. Bit nervous though in that I think if my interview goes well Ill have to use my visa by March which isnt far away.

Be careful with the medical - if you do it too early it can reduce the time you have for the first entry. You can enter to activate the LPR status and leave for up to 12 months with no issue. So - maybe take a quick trip, and then go back later in 2015 when you are all set.