• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hi everyone,
It's time I came and introduced myself...where is everyone? There are lots of people and posts for DV2014. Our number is 2015OC000006xx which is great and I've estimated the interview between Nov-Feb, what do you think? I've looked at all the past few years and have based it off that but someone said in this thread not to go off 2014 numbers because the number of people accepted was higher. I'm about 1/4 way into the 2014 thread to answer all my questions and it's very helpful. DS-260 nearly done and will be submitted as soon as the kids new passports come. We went to the USA & Canada in 2012 for 8 months and kids passports expired. We bought a truck and fifth wheel in Texas (we had a mailing address in Texas and it's one of 3 States foreigners can purchase a motor vehicle). We flew from Australia to Hawaii and did a week there, then CA to Disneyland and San Diego then flew to Texas, bought the rig and did a big road trip covering 30 States and some of Canada. We loved it so much we want to go back and are very excited!

Hi everyone,
It's time I came and introduced myself...where is everyone? There are lots of people and posts for DV2014. Our number is 2015OC000006xx which is great and I've estimated the interview between Nov-Feb, what do you think? I've looked at all the past few years and have based it off that but someone said in this thread not to go off 2014 numbers because the number of people accepted was higher. I'm about 1/4 way into the 2014 thread to answer all my questions and it's very helpful. DS-260 nearly done and will be submitted as soon as the kids new passports come. We went to the USA & Canada in 2012 for 8 months and kids passports expired. We bought a truck and fifth wheel in Texas (we had a mailing address in Texas and it's one of 3 States foreigners can purchase a motor vehicle). We flew from Australia to Hawaii and did a week there, then CA to Disneyland and San Diego then flew to Texas, bought the rig and did a big road trip covering 30 States and some of Canada. We loved it so much we want to go back and are very excited!
Welcome Gemma and congrats on a great (low) CN for 2015. Hope the whole process goes smoothly for you.

wow, great number Gemma. I am jealous ! We told my Sister in Law tonight ( she and her husband live in Napa) and she was super excited about us being over there too. I am trying to not get my hopes too high at this stage. I feel like I am almost as nervous as the poor 2014 winners, because if it bottoms out on a low CN in the final VB, then it dosnt look great for me really. We are planning to go over for Xmas this year on holiday so that is something to look forward to.

Thanks Matt.
Hi hopefulinnz, I just posted in the 2014 Australian thread, it must be a horrible time waiting for the next VB. If you are going to Napa for Xmas the weather will be nice. We were in Disneyland in January and the weather was perfect about 23c everyday. The USA has some strange weather and our trip was based around it. Where else are you going?

Thanks Matt.
Hi hopefulinnz, I just posted in the 2014 Australian thread, it must be a horrible time waiting for the next VB. If you are going to Napa for Xmas the weather will be nice. We were in Disneyland in January and the weather was perfect about 23c everyday. The USA has some strange weather and our trip was based around it. Where else are you going?
we will also visit close friends who have just moved from Texas to Utah. Also We are thinking of renting a house around Lake Tahoe, in the hopes we might get a white Christmas !

Hi OC Winners,
Looks like I am the highest Oceania number - 22xx. Can anyone offer me any hope?

Hi OC Winners,
Looks like I am the highest Oceania number - 22xx. Can anyone offer me any hope?

Your hope lies in the word "Current". When you see that word in a visa bulletin, it means they think there are enough visas for everyone in the region so everyone gets a visa (in theory). Have a look at some old visa bulletins and you'll see OC typically goes current in August/Sept.

If I was you I'd submit the DS-260, hope for OC going Current mid next year, and don't stress about it too much.

Hi OC Winners,
Hi Abbey.
I am 19XX and not sure whether to be excited or not. It sure seems to have been the year from h#ll for 2014 people. I sure hope that things have been smoothed over a little better this year. I wish i could find out what the highest case numbers drawn in previous years. ( not 2014 since there are so many.). I thought I had found them, but it was not correct it seems. This past year has made it quite stressful for even us future hopefuls as I don't know what to expect.. until finding out about this years stuff up(?) I kinda thought if we got drawn in the lottery, then it was pretty much a sure thing we would get a visa.

Sorry to say, but 2015 is almost as badly oversubscribed as 2014. We will all learn much from what happens in the last VB for 2014 (3 weeks time) and how that plays out up until the last minute in September. Until then it is best to try and put the DV process to the back end of your mind if possible.

Sorry to say, but 2015 is almost as badly oversubscribed as 2014.

Do we have the actual numbers yet? For example, what's the OC's higher CN for 2015. I am so thankful I didn't get another high number for 2015. It would be worse that not winning at all I think.

Do we have the actual numbers yet? For example, what's the OC's higher CN for 2015. I am so thankful I didn't get another high number for 2015. It would be worse that not winning at all I think.

I thought the DV-2014 high num was 31xx and DV-2015 22xx

Last edited:
With such a high number, I haven't bothered sending the forms in yet. Best to wait and see what happens this September. I knew I would have to wait until I became current in September 2015, but I am starting to doubt even that chance. Looks like I will be a winner/loser again this year like I was in the first 2012 draw! That's why I'm not excited enough to bother with the forms - been there, done that!

With such a high number, I haven't bothered sending the forms in yet. Best to wait and see what happens this September. I knew I would have to wait until I became current in September 2015, but I am starting to doubt even that chance. Looks like I will be a winner/loser again this year like I was in the first 2012 draw! That's why I'm not excited enough to bother with the forms - been there, done that!

I think that is a good attitude to have. Step away from the whole thing for about 9 or 10 months and see how things are going during the summer of next year. THat would save you a whole lot of emotional involvement.

Want me to ban you? :p

Hi Guys, regarding the possibility of the OC going current, im a bit confused... Its my understanding that in the 2013 DV the highest case number we know of to be issued a visa was 1630. Yet the OC was at a cutoff 0f 1600 in the August Bulletin and the went current for September. Does this mean that only 30 more applicants were interviewed in that last batch? was that all that remained? or was that all that time allowed? I guess my question is: IF the OC goes current in the last bulletin will everyone get a chance to interview? it just seems to me like the numbers are too high?? Does it only go current if they know that they can accommodate the remaining applicants in terms of time AND visas?

Hi Guys, regarding the possibility of the OC going current, im a bit confused... Its my understanding that in the 2013 DV the highest case number we know of to be issued a visa was 1630. Yet the OC was at a cutoff 0f 1600 in the August Bulletin and the went current for September. Does this mean that only 30 more applicants were interviewed in that last batch? was that all that remained? or was that all that time allowed? I guess my question is: IF the OC goes current in the last bulletin will everyone get a chance to interview? it just seems to me like the numbers are too high?? Does it only go current if they know that they can accommodate the remaining applicants in terms of time AND visas?

For the reasons you are putting forward OC is not likely to go current. THe best we can hope for is a a big jump - but as you say that is limited by time and visas available.

OC20156X

Hi Guys,

If I have my interview in October when do you think I should get the police checks? I was looking at getting them now but they may be too early.

OC20156X

Hi Guys,

If I have my interview in October when do you think I should get the police checks? I was looking at getting them now but they may be too early.

I think they're only valid for 6 months so you're probably safe to get it now, but you might as well wait a bit longer to try and get it as recent as possible.

Hey guys I'm an oceania winner thats been living in the UK for 2.5 years and had a few questions:

1. I'm 2015OC-9XX - am I right in thinking interview will be around November 2014? Not sure if because I'm doing it in London will affect times.
2. Because I've lived here the past 2.5 years should I get a police report from both Aus and UK?
3. Vaccination records are all over the place but it seems for an 18-64 year old that the only required is Tdap (found on the medical information sheet for UK) does that sound right? Surely not.
3. Are you able to change/edit any answers on the DS-260 once submitted. I think not but just wondering...

If these are stupid/obvious questions then thanks for answering anyway!!

Based on our experience (also OC winners), we are getting ready to do AOS for DV2015 in September

3. Vaccinations required, TDAP, Varicella (chickenpox), MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), if you don't have them today two doses 4 weeks apart and you are all set. (You will also require a current flu shot if you apply in flu season)
4. Once the form is submitted , it can be unlocked by KCC, send them an email and it takes 2-3 weeks but it will allow you to make changes and resubmit

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm an oceania winner thats been living in the UK for 2.5 years and had a few questions:

1. I'm 2015OC-9XX - am I right in thinking interview will be around November 2014? Not sure if because I'm doing it in London will affect times.
2. Because I've lived here the past 2.5 years should I get a police report from both Aus and UK?
3. Vaccination records are all over the place but it seems for an 18-64 year old that the only required is Tdap (found on the medical information sheet for UK) does that sound right? Surely not.
3. Are you able to change/edit any answers on the DS-260 once submitted. I think not but just wondering...

If these are stupid/obvious questions then thanks for answering anyway!!

Welcome ZShep!

To answer your questions:

1. I'm a 9XX too. Based on previous years, our interviews will be anywhere between March - May 2015. I don't think your location makes any difference. When our numbers become current, that's when we interview.
2. Yes you need to get certificates for both Australia and UK. Thankfully, for both, the countries have centralised records so you don't need to apply to each jurisdiction! For the AUstralian one, you'll need an Australian Federal Police and for the UK, an ACRO one (my husband lived in England too, so he will need both).
3. We have gotten a blood test to determine what antibodies we do have. Our doctor will then administer the rest.
4. Yes you can apply to have your DS260 unlocked. You have to email the KCC and request that it be unlocked.