• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

If you qualify with education that is all you need and it is far simpler to prove.
THANK YOU...I cannot find my school c certificate or school leaving certificate- I rang the high school, they said they will send a letter in the post confirming the completion of high school. I have BEd teaching so I will definitely qualify in the experience and training grounds. Do you think that's enough? thank u for answering my question.

Got our passports and packs back today!!! nice little sticker in the passports, all becoming real now. One more week and we will be at our POE at JFK.
Took a week to get our passports back but i guess being in semi rural WA must of taken a bit longer.
I did ring up Australia post and asked why Express took a week after I got a notification that it had been sent last Thursday. Their response was, well because you are out of the guaranteed next day delivery network, your package went on a road train from Sydney to Perth, and not by air... A bit piss poor if you ask me. I don't know how much truth is behind that though

THANK YOU...I cannot find my school c certificate or school leaving certificate- I rang the high school, they said they will send a letter in the post confirming the completion of high school. I have BEd teaching so I will definitely qualify in the experience and training grounds. Do you think that's enough? thank u for answering my question.
@alwaysrose123 I would suggest going through with your year 12 / uni degree. I am not sure where it is stated but somewhere it says that if you have a Uni Degree it will also count as its obviously high than year 12. If you did your year 12 in Australia then you can get your reports from the education department. Thats what I did as I didn't have copies.

Its very early days yet. If you do get selected then you need to make sure you have a low enough Case Number. There have been a few people around the last few years that although have been selected have had high case numbers and have not gone current.
@EmilyW has a nice spreadsheet on dropbox that can show you the total amount of cases that went current over the last few years for Oceanic.

Cheers

@alwaysrose123 I would suggest going through with your year 12 / uni degree. I am not sure where it is stated but somewhere it says that if you have a Uni Degree it will also count as its obviously high than year 12. If you did your year 12 in Australia then you can get your reports from the education department. Thats what I did as I didn't have copies.

Its very early days yet. If you do get selected then you need to make sure you have a low enough Case Number. There have been a few people around the last few years that although have been selected have had high case numbers and have not gone current.
@EmilyW has a nice spreadsheet on dropbox that can show you the total amount of cases that went current over the last few years for Oceanic.

Cheers
The requirement is to prove successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the United States. University degrees alone will not be sufficient to prove this as there are other ways to gain entry into uni even if you have not completed year 12 (although most have). You need to focus on proving the High School requirement as that is all they are interested in. I brought my uni degrees to my interview just in case but my VCE a certificate was more than sufficient and they didn't ask to see anything else.

Got our passports and packs back today!!! nice little sticker in the passports, all becoming real now. One more week and we will be at our POE at JFK.
Took a week to get our passports back but i guess being in semi rural WA must of taken a bit longer.
I did ring up Australia post and asked why Express took a week after I got a notification that it had been sent last Thursday. Their response was, well because you are out of the guaranteed next day delivery network, your package went on a road train from Sydney to Perth, and not by air... A bit piss poor if you ask me. I don't know how much truth is behind that though
Congrats Hershal. I'm still waiting.

Cheers

You won't find that stated anywhere official because it is not true. There are COs that accept that, but the rules are quite clear - as Essey points out...

The requirement is to prove successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the United States. University degrees alone will not be sufficient to prove this as there are other ways to gain entry into uni even if you have not completed year 12 (although most have). You need to focus on proving the High School requirement as that is all they are interested in. I brought my uni degrees to my interview just in case but my VCE a certificate was more than sufficient and they didn't ask to see anything else.
Essey.. thank you.. have 12 years of elementary and secondary schooling plus 4 years of bachelors and 2 years of postgrad study... I just need to get those papers... didn't think I need anything to do with high school... until now.. cheers all the best!!

You won't find that stated anywhere official because it is not true. There are COs that accept that, but the rules are quite clear - as Essey points out...

I do apologise, I must of misread this somewhere, There has been so much information going around that I got my wires crossed. I know it does say "or equivalent" you could assume that a uni degree would be "equivalent or better" but then again, maybe not.

Essey.. thank you.. have 12 years of elementary and secondary schooling plus 4 years of bachelors and 2 years of postgrad study... I just need to get those papers... didn't think I need anything to do with high school... until now.. cheers all the best!!
@alwaysrose123 Here is the pdf for information regarding DV 2016 if you havent already read this.

Attachments

• DV_2016_Instructions_English.pdf
    430.1 KB · Views: 7
@Beech1814 had a slew of post high school quals but, because he didn't finish high school, the CO denied his application.

We are taking all the university degrees with us but the high school quals are taking precedence.

Hi just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding filing taxes? I have had my green card since July last year and am about to move to the US but earned ALL of my income in Australia in 2014. I understand you have to file foreign income earned. Does anyone know what forms I have to fill out and if I can do it all online? How do they convert Australian dollars into USD? Any help would be much appreciated :)

Evening all,
I think it was @Britsimon or maybe @SusieQQQ who said somewhere on some thread that there are US 'check points' such as Abu Dhabi where if you travel through on the way to the US, that acts as your POE...did I understand that correctly? If true, does anyone know if Toronto is considered a checkpoint?

Congrats! JFK is our planned POE too so looking forward to hearing your story once you're on the other side!

I do apologise, I must of misread this somewhere, There has been so much information going around that I got my wires crossed. I know it does say "or equivalent" you could assume that a uni degree would be "equivalent or better" but then again, maybe not.

No it is not because it is not elementary or secondary level...

Hi just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding filing taxes? I have had my green card since July last year and am about to move to the US but earned ALL of my income in Australia in 2014. I understand you have to file foreign income earned. Does anyone know what forms I have to fill out and if I can do it all online? How do they convert Australian dollars into USD? Any help would be much appreciated :)

Easiest would be to see a tax consultant or accountant. Do it ASAP. Deadline looming...