• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Oh no! It's almost funny...it's definitely a sign (a good one despite being well disguised)...I'm looking around the house to see what might be next to crack it!
Yes well I'm hoping they are good signs. It kind of feels like it. My business has almost died away to nothing so it won't be difficult closing that up. All my contracts are coming to an end, eg Foxtel, my phone plan etc. it's very convenient.

Too funny. I had the same thing last week where my phone looked like it was about to Die. I encouraged it to hold on just a few more months... It's alive... for now....

Too funny. I had the same thing last week where my phone looked like it was about to Die. I encouraged it to hold on just a few more months... It's alive... for now....
I wish you had have been around to encourage mine to hang on a bit longer. I lost a ton of photos and all my music. And some files. I was devastated!

Hi all,

Another Ozzie in London, 2015OC0000097.. Awaiting KKC processing..

It's quite a process, though, wish everyone well, with their respective journey...

I'd previously overstated on my ESTA, so my own application might not be so straight forward... But, one hopes!

:)

Hi all,

Another Ozzie in London, 2015OC0000097.. Awaiting KKC processing..

It's quite a process, though, wish everyone well, with their respective journey...

I'd previously overstated on my ESTA, so my own application might not be so straight forward... But, one hopes!

:)

When did you overstay, and for how long? There is no discretion if you are still under a ban...

I overstayed in December 2013, overstating the 90 dates, by another 40 days..silly of me in reflection and intend to acknowledge the mistake.

Subsequently, I did apply some months later for a tourist visa, though, was declined as the CO thought I dudnt demonstrate enough ties to my home country. Then I found out about the further processing if this applickation and decided to wait out the process.

I overstayed in December 2013, overstating the 90 dates, by another 40 days..silly of me in reflection and intend to acknowledge the mistake.

Subsequently, I did apply some months later for a tourist visa, though, was declined as the CO thought I dudnt demonstrate enough ties to my home country. Then I found out about the further processing if this applickation and decided to wait out the process.

That is too short an overstay to have picked up a ban - so you will be ok.

Nope.

I'm terrified that everyone else will get theirs and I won't.

Because it's all about me of course.

I'm terrified too! With the VBs I normally check as soon as I wake up and they are never there but come 9am Sydney time, the new one is out. Thinking it works the same for the 2nl but who knows.

Hello,
We are new members from Brisbane. Our number is 2015OC000009xx. The forum is great and heaps of useful information.
We have some good news - called KCC this morning and they gave us the interview date for 14th April. However the website is still not updated, maybe later today.
Good luck to all.

Welcome @oscaris, I will add you to our Class of OC2015 when I get home tonight.

I am trying to resist the temptation to call KCC and just wait it out but it's getting harder! Thankfully, it's my husband's 40th today so we're going out for steak lunch and beer sans children. That will ease / dull the pain of waiting.

Welcome @oscaris, I will add you to our Class of OC2015 when I get home tonight.

I am trying to resist the temptation to call KCC and just wait it out but it's getting harder! Thankfully, it's my husband's 40th today so we're going out for steak lunch and beer sans children. That will ease / dull the pain of waiting.
Hang in there. You know it's coming. And yes this journey is all about 'me'. It's such a life changing event only other OCers truly understand what an outwardly selfish experience this is. Only we understand the inner turmoil and the anguish and the extreme patience this requires

Hi All,

This might seem a silly question but when flying out for POE activation what do you choose on the departure card? Also will Qantas recognise when you enter you passport details into the booking that you dont need a visa waiver and are going over on a greencard?? Im flying out on the 31st of March to LA and just want to make sure I dont stuff up as my visa expires on the 8th of April.

Thanks

Matt

Hi All,

This might seem a silly question but when flying out for POE activation what do you choose on the departure card? Also will Qantas recognise when you enter you passport details into the booking that you dont need a visa waiver and are going over on a greencard?? Im flying out on the 31st of March to LA and just want to make sure I dont stuff up as my visa expires on the 8th of April.

Thanks

Matt

You don't need the visa waiver. If this is the activation trip you have the one time use visa in your passport - so you provide those details. After you have activated you are an LPR and don't require a visa.

You don't need the visa waiver. If this is the activation trip you have the one time use visa in your passport - so you provide those details. After you have activated you are an LPR and don't require a visa.

Thanks Simon. Yeah I know I dont need the visa waiver but was wondering what to put on the departure card mainly. Ill figure out out Im sure it obvious once at the airport.

Hi All,

Thanks

Matt

Just to clarify, you are not going over on a green card - you are going over on an immigrant visa. You are not an LPR until that immigrant visa has been stamped.