• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Ah OK, I see...... Tuesday it is then :(

Have we seen any reports of any people getting their letters yet? I had a look about and couldn't find any. I think I might just take the chance to "relax" over the weekend.

Ah OK, I see...... Tuesday it is then :(

Have we seen any reports of any people getting their letters yet? I had a look about and couldn't find any. I think I might just take the chance to "relax" over the weekend.

I haven't seen anything either. I'm pleased that at least neither of us has. If only one of us did that would be a bit rough. So yes, let's just relax and enjoy a peaceful worry free weekend and anticipate Tuesday's mail. I have a hangover anyway so some vegetating is in order. :cool:

I haven't seen anything either. I'm pleased that at least neither of us has. If only one of us did that would be a bit rough. So yes, let's just relax and enjoy a peaceful worry free weekend and anticipate Tuesday's mail. I have a hangover anyway so some vegetating is in order. :cool:

Haha. Yes, there's some small comfort in that. Honestly, our numbers have got to be very close, so I think it's highly likely we are both going to find out at the same time.

Bring on the vegetation....

I'm hoping the 2NLs might come out this weekend - we have seen that happen before.

Monday is a holiday here - so if 2NLs don't go this weekend they won't go until Tuesday earliest (Wednesday down there).

Ahhh glad you told us that, so Wednesday it is then. Ok I can do that. Just. And yeah our numbers must be close Gandt. If you only just missed out for Feb, so did I

I'm hoping the 2NLs might come out this weekend - we have seen that happen before.

Monday is a holiday here - so if 2NLs don't go this weekend they won't go until Tuesday earliest (Wednesday down there).

If that were the case, Tuesday USA, is that an unusual amount of time between when the bulletin was released?

I have some work to do from home and guests visiting tonight, so hopefully I can take my mind off it for a while :) Ahhh the fun of it all.

Incidentally. I know this is a long and ongoing question, that I haven't seen a definitive answer too. Regarding the police check, I'm of the understanding that a name check is OK. However, has anyone seen an example of someone who changed their name when they were married getting by fine with just the name check? From what I can tell, it should be OK, but I haven't found a answer with a real life example.

My wife took my surname when we got married.

If that were the case, Tuesday USA, is that an unusual amount of time between when the bulletin was released?

I have some work to do from home and guests visiting tonight, so hopefully I can take my mind off it for a while :) Ahhh the fun of it all.

Incidentally. I know this is a long and ongoing question, that I haven't seen a definitive answer too. Regarding the police check, I'm of the understanding that a name check is OK. However, has anyone seen an example of someone who changed their name when they were married getting by fine with just the name check? From what I can tell, it should be OK, but I haven't found a answer with a real life example.

My wife took my surname when we got married.

It would be a little long - but not unheardof.

The police report thing comes up frequently - I lose track of what is "the" answer. So - for those that have interviewed already - can they say which type of PCC they got?

I am pretty sure @CC1 just did a name check and she got through fine.

This is the official advice

'National Police Certificates based on fingerprints are preferred, but a certificate not based on fingerprints is acceptable if it shows all aliases ever used. When applying for the certificate, indicate that it is “for immigration purpose” and must be “full disclosure”.'

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ntry/AS.html#policecertificatesallaustralia-4

Last edited:
I am pretty sure @CC1 just did a name check and she got through fine.

This is the official advice

'National Police Certificates based on fingerprints are preferred, but a certificate not based on fingerprints is acceptable if it shows all aliases ever used. When applying for the certificate, indicate that it is “for immigration purpose” and must be “full disclosure”.'

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ntry/AS.html#policecertificatesallaustralia-4

OK. Well, in my excitement and lack of knowledge last year, we went and got our police checks done in May :) You don't want to know how close I was to booking a medical too, it wasn't until I heard the cost that I thought, "I better look into this a bit more".

Our police checks that we did were national ones, but on my wife's it doesn't mention her maiden name. I guess next time I'll make sure they include that information. They expire in May, so for peace of mind, I'll do them again. :)

I changed my name when I was married and my Police Check says, 'my full name' formerly 'maiden name' born xxxxxxxxx.

I too was worried about this but found out name check was okay. In saying that, we haven't had our interview yet so I won't know for certain until we do it. But I'm confident all is well.

@GANDT-SYD, definitely get a new one for your wife at any rate. If it doesn't have her maiden name, it might present a problem, given the formal instructions about aliases.

I've got a request into the AFP regarding the check. My husband had to get one last year for another immigration issue and it says it's a 'Standard Disclosure' check but the US advice is we need to get a 'Full Disclosure' one. However, the AFP form will default to 'Standard Disclosure' and unspent offences. Hopefully they will get back to me on Monday: I'll update once I know.

I have one speeding fine from 1996 and my husband has one from 2000. My advice from a lawyer friend was that these are infringements and don't get registered as convictions because we didn't challenge the fines and just paid them. But I'm keen to get confirmation.

Last edited:
I changed my name when I was married and my Police Check says, 'my full name' formerly 'maiden name' born xxxxxxxxx.

I too was worried about this but found out name check was okay. In saying that, we haven't had our interview yet so I won't know for certain until we do it. But I'm confident all is well.

Yes, from everything I've read, I'm almost certain that will be OK. I think my wife's would be an issue as EmilyW has said, so we'll do that again as it doesn't show here maiden name.

When I looked into the AFP one, I couldn't find any links that matched what I needed it for. They all seems to apply to getting a government job etc.

@GANDT-SYD, definitely get a new one for your wife at any rate. If it doesn't have her maiden name, it might present a problem, given the formal instructions about aliases.

I've got a request into the AFP regarding the check. My husband had to get one last year for another immigration issue and it says it's a 'Standard Disclosure' check but the US advice is we need to get a 'Full Disclosure' one. However, the AFP form will default to 'Standard Disclosure' and unspent offences. Hopefully they will get back to me on Monday: I'll update once I know.

I have one speeding fine from 1996 and my husband has one from 2000. My advice from a lawyer friend was that these are infringements and don't get registered as convictions because we didn't challenge the fines and just paid them. But I'm keen to get confirmation.

I had a speeding fine which was paid too and it wasn't on the Police Check

Cool, thanks @AussieGemma, that's what I figured. I think traffic offences only count as a conviction if they are serious (drink driving, excessive speed) or you challenge them in court and are found guilty.

Ok, got some interesting info from KCC last night.

We called to check on the progress of our DS260. Our DS260s have all processed and we're just waiting to go current.

The guy at KCC said - and I'm paraphrasing because it was midnight and I was sleepy - 'they're up to 925 so you'll go current very soon'.

I didn't know how to interpret that but perhaps it means they're now in the process of scheduling interviews for the next VB. At any rate, @CBDK, I think we are going current in April. Get your party shoes on.
My party shoes have been parked next to the door now for months and I'm just itching to put them on along with other assorted party paraphernalia!

Hey everyone

I was reading through another forum and read that families only pay the $330USD each after the green card is approved.... quoted below:

" only primary applicant pay an application fee $330 before the interview. Family members will pay only if visa is approved"

is this correct?

Good luck to everyone for tuesday or wednesday (whenever the 2NL is issued) :)

Hey everyone

I was reading through another forum and read that families only pay the $330USD each after the green card is approved.... quoted below:

" only primary applicant pay an application fee $330 before the interview. Family members will pay only if visa is approved"

is this correct?

Good luck to everyone for tuesday or wednesday (whenever the 2NL is issued) :)

This is very dependent on embassy. Some do it this way. Some make you pay for all of them upfront - this is the technically correct way and most do it this way, I believe. Most do an initial examination of the docs and some, if there looks like a problem, will give the principal applicant the opportunity to either withdraw, or only pay his/her own fee at first in case of rejection.