• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Interview experience :
Went up to level 10 just after 8;30 and went through security - they took our X-ray CDs out and left them with our bag that was checked in, and we just took in our documents and wallets. Went up to level 59 took a number and waited for a little while. Got called to a window where our fingerprints were taken, and we handed over our documents . (She gave us back the printed DS260 confirmation page even though it lists it on the checklist :/ maybe we should take it with us on entry - I remember oc_ems saying her envelope didn't have the something in it on entry?) she also took both our photos and checked we had written our full names on the back. she then asked us to go pay the fee, which we did in cash, then gave her the receipt back and got asked to take a seat again and wait to be called for the interview.
Another short wait and we were called to a different window, gave fingerprints again and took the oath.
He asked is why we wanted to move to America, and asked if my husband "so you have a Bachelors degree?" (he replied he has a Masters) and what it was in, if it was our first marriage for both of us, if there were any children involved. He also asked if I was taking my husbands name which I am not. He checked over all our docs while handing back the originals and that was it! Told us we were approved and our passports would arrive back in 1-2 weeks.
I think that was it!
It Was a lot quicker and easier than we expected... Almost still doesn't feel real... Can't wait to have my passport back so i can actually see it in there! :p

Congrats again, thanks for the post! We should have been there yesterday too....but next month will be fine. Hope all goes well with the preparations, hard part is over....or has it just begun?

Hello, just joined up but been lurking on the forum for a long time. Had my interview at the Sydney embassy today [CN 5xx] and was approved. My interview was at 8.30am. Crawfusa has an amazing blog that prepped me as to what to expect from arrival procedures to potential questions to exit.

I walk in at 8.10am and see a couple with a small baby called up to the interview window, must have been CC Hessie and her husband, baby in tow. I listened in on there interview with apprehension, but soon realised he was being very friendly and conversational. There interview was much longer than mine, i guess because processing 3 people. Another lady was called up and approved, and then me. As i was waiting, in walks a lady in her 20's with striking long blonde hair with her partner, must have been Suicide Blonde. :) It's nice putting faces to these names after reading there posts on this forum. LOL.

The interview itself with the friendly interviewer that CC Hessie had was quite straight forward and pleasant, rather conversational in nature, yet direct and thorough. The awesome feeling of relief when you hear that phrase "youve been approved" is really quite magical. Actually for me, the only stressful part is the scary lift up to 59, [popping ears], and somehow missing the 9-10 button on the way down [it is written in tiny numbers.......lol]. Most people this morning seemed to get approved through the interviewing officers in the time i was there. The wait was short and the interviews itself were processed very efficiently. The staff there really are quite friendly, accommodating and patient. The security, document checker, cashier, and interviewing officer were all patient and receptive. Your nerves quickly dissolve in this atmosphere, a surprisingly pleasant and straight forward experience.

Hi James, welcome to the best OC group so far! Thanks for posting your experience, it's good to hear different experiences.

Congratulations Tuesday people!

I'm jealous and can't wait to have my post DV drinking session.

But there are no regulars in my number range - @connectedspace maybe? Feel like a beer in seven months mate?

Of course we will all hang around and chat with you on here. You were most helpful on the other forum with my Colorado questions. Maybe we'll have a OC2015 reunion sometime and we can all meet properly?

Glad to read an account from a lurker - congrats.

Also glad to hear that SuicideBlondes avatar is pretty accurate. I don't know why but I suspect some people might not be being honest with their avatars!
Haha, I just assume you look like your avatar and every time I see it I say your name in my head in a strong British military accent.

Hello, just joined up but been lurking on the forum for a long time. Had my interview at the Sydney embassy today [CN 5xx] and was approved. My interview was at 8.30am. Crawfusa has an amazing blog that prepped me as to what to expect from arrival procedures to potential questions to exit.

I walk in at 8.10am and see a couple with a small baby called up to the interview window, must have been CC Hessie and her husband, baby in tow. I listened in on there interview with apprehension, but soon realised he was being very friendly and conversational. There interview was much longer than mine, i guess because processing 3 people. Another lady was called up and approved, and then me. As i was waiting, in walks a lady in her 20's with striking long blonde hair with her partner, must have been Suicide Blonde. :) It's nice putting faces to these names after reading there posts on this forum. LOL.

The interview itself with the friendly interviewer that CC Hessie had was quite straight forward and pleasant, rather conversational in nature, yet direct and thorough. The awesome feeling of relief when you hear that phrase "youve been approved" is really quite magical. Actually for me, the only stressful part is the scary lift up to 59, [popping ears], and somehow missing the 9-10 button on the way down [it is written in tiny numbers.......lol]. Most people this morning seemed to get approved through the interviewing officers in the time i was there. The wait was short and the interviews itself were processed very efficiently. The staff there really are quite friendly, accommodating and patient. The security, document checker, cashier, and interviewing officer were all patient and receptive. Your nerves quickly dissolve in this atmosphere, a surprisingly pleasant and straight forward experience.

Welcome to the Lurk Squad.

BritSimon looks exactly like Anthony Andrews in the Scarlet Pimpernel.
Exactly. That is how I see myself. UNfortunately I look more like Connectedspaces' avatar.

I don't know this version, but (showing my age) I remember him as Sebastian in Brideshead Revisited...
Actually I have met britsimon and can report he does indeed look like his avatar, sans frilly shirt.
And I of course look exactly like mine....

I don't know this version, but (showing my age) I remember him as Sebastian in Brideshead Revisited...
Actually I have met britsimon and can report he does indeed look like his avatar, sans frilly shirt.

Well as I said, I am female, and I have a big round face so mine is actually pretty close

Yes - we are both very good looking!!! ;)