• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

So are there rules for dv 2016 thatstipulates clearly that verification/certification must be done.
Honest advice would do, forget about taking precautions and stuff, I am in between a hard surface and a rock I have less than 10 days to attend my interview it's like I am letting go
Sometimes you make worried.
The guy in the street you mention and the one from the most upscale background, both choosing to go for visas must abide by the common denominator- abide b y the rules and you will be fine, period.
That you had some background going is hardly the reason why the CO approved you. You most likely got the benefit of doubt due to the knec relocation and your interview time in the year
The rules in DV 2015 were clear have your kcse cert certified and directly delivered by knec to the embassy.
Kindly advise and in encourage all to read and abide by the rules.

So are there rules for dv 2016 thatstipulates clearly that verification/certification must be done.
Honest advice would do, forget about taking precautions and stuff, I am in between a hard surface and a rock I have less than 10 days to attend my interview it's like I am letting go
If you go to knec tommorow with your kcse cert and ask them to certify on behalf of USA embassy for visa interview, they will deliver , most likely in time. you do not need to panic about that.
As I said, I was on DV 2015 and this was a requirement.
Again you could e-mail them for any DV 2016 clarification.
All I am saying is, know clearly what is required of you, meet that adequately and it will be easier then you anticipate. Wish you well.

If you go to knec tommorow with your kcse cert and ask them to certify on behalf of USA embassy for visa interview, they will deliver , most likely in time. you do not need to panic about that.
Again you could e-mail the embassy for any DV 2016 clarification.
All I am saying is, know clearly what is required of you, meet that adequately and it will be easier then you anticipate. Wish you well.

Thanks Usken,
It's like I will not manage this, I am not in Nairobi, but 600km away I would not love to cover this distance again that fast. Was in Nairobi last week for medical check up, if I knew I would have finished up all at once. I will soon post how everything goes after interview. I would like to thank everyone who has been contributing positively on this issue for your honest opinion, I am wishing all successful applicants the best. I am not taking it a matter of life and death.
Again you could e-mail the embassy for any DV 2016 clarification.

Finally the email the embassy sent in response to what I asked is here and can help others who could be panicking not because of having fake certificates but skipping a procedure where you are already informed is simple but STRICT. I went to KNEC today paid Kshs.2330 and finished the process within 10 mins. And btw there were lots of certificates for DV aken for verification.
Three hours later here is what the email say
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

You can pay at KNEC so that they send us the confidential copy directly. But it is not a must but recommended.

Sincerely,

Sometimes you make worried.
The guy in the street you mention and the one from the most upscale background, both choosing to go for visas must abide by the common denominator- abide b y the rules and you will be fine, period.
That you had some background going is hardly the reason why the CO approved you. You most likely got the benefit of doubt due to the knec relocation and your interview time in the year
The rules in DV 2015 were clear have your kcse cert certified and directly delivered by knec to the embassy.
Kindly advise and in encourage all to read and abide by the rules.

I've always said better safe than sorry. Even in my case I had paid the 2330 but could not get the certificate verified as knec was relocating.
Don't compare your case to anyone else's because the CO will judge your case for you. Also, listen to advice posted here but at the end of the day remember you cannot go to the consular and say "but britsimon said I could". So take your own decisions.

I've always said better safe than sorry. Even in my case I had paid the 2330 but could not get the certificate verified as knec was relocating.
Don't compare your case to anyone else's because the CO will judge your case for you. Also, listen to advice posted here but at the end of the day remember you cannot go to the consular and say "but britsimon said I could". So take your own decisions.

Plus - BritSimon didn't say he could...

It is not a requirement but since so many dv winners have been doing the same, it is advisable to follow the same steps to avoid dobts of your documents by US consolate during your interview.
Hi KK
Hope you've been keeping well. Just wanted to give you an update. Got the 2NL. Interview slated for 2nd Nov. Did yours come through?

Hi KK
Hope you've been keeping well. Just wanted to give you an update. Got the 2NL. Interview slated for 2nd Nov. Did yours come through?
I have not yet received but still hopeful. God do wonders. Though submitted a bit late- 1st August,still have faith in God. I won't stress but relax and wait.

I have not yet received but still hopeful. God do wonders. Though submitted a bit late- 1st August,still have faith in God. I won't stress but relax and wait.
... Congrats and i wish you all the best.
Hi KK

Hello everyone, there's need for some urgent advice for a DV2016 selectee;
1. The Interview is scheduled for 8th Oct but medicals not yet done, just sent email to IOM today asking for Monday 5th Oct.
2. A single mother of two kids but never married, what documents does she need from the father of kids?
3. In case all is not in place by interview date, would it be wise to reschedule or attend and be on AP?
Kindly advise.

Thanks man. If August then honestly I think yours will be a Dec interview at best. I'd thought mine would be a Dec as well coz of the unlocking but clearly, that didn't affect it. So if you don't get yours today then Dec it is. Equally, all the best with your process. May God go before us.

1. The Interview is scheduled for 8th Oct but medicals not yet done, just sent email to IOM today asking for Monday 5th Oct.
2. A single mother of two kids but never married, what documents does she need from the father of kids?
3. In case all is not in place by interview date, would it be wise to reschedule or attend and be on AP?
Kindly advise.

Do not reschedule.

I feel if you go to IOM one on one and book you will get the earliest date that serves you, I was there last week and someone had a similar problem and got help
1. Just have the appointment letter and the money all will be fine
2. That is normal, ensure you have their birth certificates ;)
3. I have no idea here but would advice you to attend the interview instead of rescheduling the appointment.
Kindly advise.

Kindly advise.

1. IOM needs to schedule her interview sooner. Let her walk in tomorrow and see if they can do the medical that day (takes 2 days).
2. She can take a letter of consent from the father of the children,
3. Do not reschedule. In this case she will not need to go back for interview, she will just need to wait for IOM to return results.

Hi Folks,
About appointment registration, do you receive an email from the embassy instructing you to go ahead and register or how does it work? Tried out of curiosity and it says 'the case number isn't ready for an appointment".

Hi Folks,
About appointment registration, do you receive an email from the embassy instructing you to go ahead and register or how does it work? Tried out of curiosity and it says 'the case number isn't ready for an appointment".
You will wait for your status to show READY before you register.... Chances are it's still IN TRANSIT.

You will wait for your status to show READY before you register.... Chances are it's still IN TRANSIT.
Thanks JC4sure for your prompt response. However, one more query. Where do I check my status? Is it the CEAC website by any chance? If not, kindly send me a link. Thanks again.

Btw, if CEAC, I doubt they've uploaded 2016 cases. It says '
  • Invalid Immigrant Visa Case Number.'

Last edited: