• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

arrived safely at LAX via Heathrow. thanx everyone once more for making our dream come true. super moderators big up n Brit Simon am within do need special thanx..
Hi Mosh, something I need to ask you. My case is current for October, this issue of verification of certs where do ppl get this info because I don't see it anywhere as a requirement. Should it be anything to worry about doing before interview? Congratulations on your side bro. Plus does one need to verify the marriage certificate?

Hi Mosh, something I need to ask you. My case is current for October, this issue of verification of certs where do ppl get this info because I don't see it anywhere as a requirement. Should it be anything to worry about doing before interview? Congratulations on your side bro. Plus does one need to verify the marriage certificate?
It is not a requirement but since so many dv winners have been doing the same, it is advisable to follow the same steps to avoid dobts of your documents by US consolate during your interview.

It is not a requirement but since so many dv winners have been doing the same, it is advisable to follow the same steps to avoid dobts of your documents by US consolate during your interview.
Where did you have the marriage certificate verified I am in Kenya. Thanks for your quick response

Where did you have the marriage certificate verified I am in Kenya. Thanks for your quick response
Sheria House and it's only Ksh. 600. Take with you, the marriage certificate that you were issued during your wedding. It takes 7 working days to be processed

I do not know if there are any changes to the requirements this year. In dv 2015, e requiremnts certification of your kcse CERTIFICATE was mandatory.
Go to the Nairobi usa http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html) (website and read the dv 2016 requirements carefully.

If the CO doubt your documents, you will be put on AP. The whole thing is the instructions are clear on all the requirements and at no point certified copies have been asked on your academic certificates and marriage certs. So Kenyans should stop getting worried, the interview is based on following instructions

Un
If the CO doubt your documents, you will be put on AP. The whole thing is the instructions are clear on all the requirements and at no point certified copies have been asked on your academic certificates and marriage certs. So Kenyans should stop getting worried, the interview is based on following instructions
Unless you doubt your certs

@Joelene about kcse u must ask knec to send confidential statement to us embassy Nairobi it takes 10 working days and u pay ksh 2320. knec relocated to south b so u can check at their website for more information. if ur keen u will see this confidential statement in ua file at the time of interview so better be armed. about marriage certificate I had both given at sheria n a certified one but at the interview they returned the certified one they never checked it.

Th
@Joelene about kcse u must ask knec to send confidential statement to us embassy Nairobi it takes 10 working days and u pay ksh 2320. knec relocated to south b so u can check at their website for more information. if ur keen u will see this confidential statement in ua file at the time of interview so better be armed. about marriage certificate I had both given at sheria n a certified one but at the interview they returned the certified one they never checked it.
Thanks Mosh, did you do that for both of you or you did it for only yourself as the principal applicant? Meaning that my degree cert must equally be certified. I have less than ten days. I will keep you posted Mosh on the outcome so that the rest can be even more prepared an get more/less worried. Thanks

@Joelene i would advice you to do what you feel is right.

Thanks for the kind words. For those who asked, i didn't have anything verified BUT I look very trustworthy. I am 28 year old female asian with a child and pregnant degree and a stable job. Not the sort of people you'd find on river road. If your 20 and unemployed you'd probably want to get it verified. AP is nt a very good thing.

Hehehehe . That is why I love this site. This has been my drive and thank God you have just said it. I am not that type from River Road , you have made my day and all the best to 2016 winners. I will indeed share my experience thereafter.
Thanks for the kind words. For those who asked, i didn't have anything verified BUT I look very trustworthy. I am 28 year old female asian with a child and pregnant degree and a stable job. Not the sort of people you'd find on river road. If your 20 and unemployed you'd probably want to get it verified. AP is nt a very good thing.

Sometimes you make worried.
The guy in the street you mention and the one from the most upscale background, both choosing to go for visas must abide by the common denominator- abide b y the rules and you will be fine, period.
That you had some background going is hardly the reason why the CO approved you. You most likely got the benefit of doubt due to the knec relocation and your interview time in the year
The rules in DV 2015 were clear have your kcse cert certified and directly delivered by knec to the embassy.
Kindly advise and in encourage all to read and abide by the rules.