• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Going to have to disagree with you. Payment history is important, it's a proportion, so 100% on-time payments

Owning a credit card a credit card you rarely/never use works fine. It'll report every month and give you a perfect credit record. The only reason you have to use a credit card is so the bank doesn't cancel it due to inactivity. You can see what's used for a FICO number here. With payment history they are mainly looking for derogatory information (ie late payments).

However just using it for buying groceries is a perfectly reasonable strategy.

Well, whatever I did I did right, because after 6 months of having the card I suddenly started getting unsolicited credit card offers (all of which I ignored of course) as well as letters from a couple of insurance companies telling me I now qualified for better rates due to my credit score and would I like to switch to them...
Oh, did I mention all my cash back? :D (I buy everything on the card not just groceries - but as I said before pay it all off in full every month.)

My CN went current in October VB batch, though submitted my DS260 a bit late as in end of July. But still fifty fifty.....:rolleyes:. 2016AF000026xx

My CN went current in October VB batch, though submitted my DS260 a bit late as in end of July. But still fifty fifty.....:rolleyes:. 2016AF000026xx
Well I initially submitted mine in late may but unlocked again on 30 July and sent back same day. Am equally 50/50 but I suppose you should get a Nov interview. Would be happy to get the letter as well. Fingers crossed. :). Or if it does take 3 months to process then we're looking at Dec. It's a wait and see game at this point.

Well I initially submitted mine in late may but unlocked again on 30 July and sent back same day. Am equally 50/50 but I suppose you should get a Nov interview. Would be happy to get the letter as well. Fingers crossed. :). Or if it does take 3 months to process then we're looking at Dec. It's a wait and see game at this point.
Well, let's sit back and watch. But for your case, if you didn't make any major changes, you are likely to get a November interview. I can see your initial submission was quite early compared to mine, though not qualified for October interview. All in all, God's time is the perfect one.

Well, let's sit back and watch. But for your case, if you didn't make any major changes, you are likely to get a November interview. I can see your initial submission was quite early compared to mine, though not qualified for October interview. All in all, God's time is the perfect one.
Well, either way, my number wasn't going to go current up till this month anyway so October wasn't even on the table. Was looking more into Nov or Dec. The change I was making was adding an address in a different country. But as you say, God's timing is best and then again, let's wait and see. Have you had a look at BritSimon's blog? Here's a link that may shed some light on your case. Mine clearly is just a case of wait and see :) but we could both end up on the same bandwagon. http://britsimonsays.com/2nls-for-dv2016-have-started/

Green Card activated. I was very (VERY) worried about my husband being deported and the visa being cancelled so on the flight, I chickened out a bit. This was a 16 hour flight so by the time we landed I was a nutcase. I asked my husband to go before me so he can get in first before we activate the card. I took the next shuttle. My back was killing me, I had a heavy handbag (Laptop) and at 30 weeks pregnant, it wasn't easy at all. My 3 year old was also extremely cranky. CBP were amazing at Washington Dulles (IAD). There is no special queue for women with children or pregnant women. They did have wheelchairs but I'd have felt silly being pushed. So by the time we got to the counter I was in so much pain from dragging a baby, carrying one inside and that god forsaken handbag! The process was short. He asked me where my Husband was and I said he will join us later. We were all in the normal non-immigrant queue. The guys at IAD were so nice and polite, such a contrast to my experience at JFK last time. The queues moved swiftly.Long story short I'm here in Sterling, VA and will be handing out my CVs in DC and the Metros.

Green Card activated. I was very (VERY) worried about my husband being deported and the visa being cancelled so on the flight, I chickened out a bit. This was a 16 hour flight so by the time we landed I was a nutcase. I asked my husband to go before me so he can get in first before we activate the card. I took the next shuttle. My back was killing me, I had a heavy handbag (Laptop) and at 30 weeks pregnant, it wasn't easy at all. My 3 year old was also extremely cranky. CBP were amazing at Washington Dulles (IAD). There is no special queue for women with children or pregnant women. They did have wheelchairs but I'd have felt silly being pushed. So by the time we got to the counter I was in so much pain from dragging a baby, carrying one inside and that god forsaken handbag! The process was short. He asked me where my Husband was and I said he will join us later. We were all in the normal non-immigrant queue. The guys at IAD were so nice and polite, such a contrast to my experience at JFK last time. The queues moved swiftly.Long story short I'm here in Sterling, VA and will be handing out my CVs in DC and the Metros.

Congratulations and welcome to the US.

congratulations.
just a travel tip, travelling in your situation would have been less stressful if you had taken a school, Frankfurt or Zurich, of course with carefully timed connection times.
As I have always opined, Dubai too would have done, and for Dulles, you get 3 hour connection time which is just enough for a stretch stroll rest and check in.
DXB-IAD is 13 plus hours.

eeeeh! your are tough , u have inspired me!!!God is great. what kind of fighting spirit you have? Really you went against the grain. am glad for you.