• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

12 days since visa was approved, still waiting for the passport to be returned
Don't worry bro:Bidan whom you attended Interview with received his-I hope you are the one who called me from Rwanda..Just give it a day or two or login to the site you registered for DHL and track your parcel.

I shall get back on this, waiting to hear from him. I doubt Embassy would have told him to come back the next day if it were DS260, this looks like its another form. Which one, I have to find out.

@God-Is-Love @Simon so just learnt that its the ds260 that he had not included his kid in, and he was told to go include and come back tomorrow @ 6.30 am , I still don't get it that how does a Ds260 get unlocked and resubmitted in less than 24hrs ?? Hope it all goes well.

If he didn't include the kid on DS260, it means there is no visa available for this specific month for the kid. I don't understand how it is happening. Whether he is biological father or had adopted the kid, he had to fill the kid on DS260 form. If he had failed to do this and the embassy told him to correct the form and come back on tomorrow, he must be lucky.
Am sure all will be well and since he is not a member in the forum:it would not be proper to talk more about it-I know him very well and he is in charge of the situation.
Lets just give him time to sort out things..

Murithi was at Embassy today for his interview, he was asked to come again tomorrow because he had filled in his wife's and his form but missed out on his kid's form. A lady at the counter gave him a note explaining how to retrieve that form online and also to call her incase if he's stuck. I have no kids so I do not know the form in question here. But tomorrow morning the visa is hopefully his.

Will update you more.
Am sure it must the DS 260. Also,chances are that this kid was born after submission of the edv application so this addition is possible.
Being a member of this forum is worthy-big time. Update us tomorrow Dada.

Am sure all will be well and since he is not a member in the forum:it would not be proper to talk more about it-I know him very well and he is in charge of the situation.
Lets just give him time to sort out things..
@Simon, is it not OK for us to talk about the issue here objectively? I think it is, be it him, or another person, an objective look at an interview experience is appropriate and at home here for others to draw read and know.

@Simon, is it not OK for us to talk about the issue here objectively? I think it is, be it him, or another person, an objective look at an interview experience is appropriate and at home here for others to draw read and know.
A while ago he gave me the reason why he doesn't want to be a member and one was about people speculating on some issues and if you go through my article (in the month of October 2014) you will see his questions being asked by his host-It was about whether its a must to go to the KNEC and the host said he will have to call KCC regarding the same-He is learned though.
So,please lets just wait and he will surely come out with the experience-I have his number and we used to share alot;Check the article below

Last edited:
@usken go
Read this post-submitted by his host @Nesh422
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-kenya-selectees-forum.320783/page-65 click this link
Hey guys! Congrats on your winnings and welcome to the good old uncle Sams!Been around for a year and 8 months and fully settled. I won the DV 2013. I applied for someone who won and did the medicals today. I'm to host him and the family. The issue is on the KCSE certificate, nobody so far as responded to the question correctly. DO YOU NEED VERIFICATION FROM KNEC IF YOU HAVE ORIGINAL CERT?To be honest I think if you have original KCSE cert you don't need any kind of verification. ..The only reason you would be put on AP due to cert is because it's either it's counterfeit or didn't have the original. If it was counterfeit, and you go back for second interview you can kiss freedom and America good bye coz you u be going for the handcuffs. ..but may be things changed, inform me if possible. The reason I'm saying this is because in our DV2013 they had this restriction on the average grade which put many a winners in a temptation to go for river road certs....and boy, were they all arrested. But your case is different and maybe that's why they would require confirmation from KNEC but I still don't get it...I directed the person I'm asking on behalf of here but has not been able to post for some reasons. ..and once again guys I share in your joy of winning. ...so gorgeous 1 year and half. ..have been able to get into a top notch USA pharmacy school. ..together with my wife...works over the weekend. ..has our own place 2 cars and the going is great but very busy...we can't complain so let nobody discourage you. ..especially if you are young. ..we left our university education mid way in kenya and no regrets so far.Ifnyoubare coming to East Coast Holla!
Nesh42:Infact i met the guy(family) you are talking about and I introduced myself to him as we waited for the medicals(my family) medicals.Initially he couldn't understand why its necessary but after informing him of a lady who was put on AP yesterday and requested to visit KNEC for a confidential report he and wife agreed to visit KNEC:Now the KNEC issue is NOT a must:however,when almost everyone take that route and another decide NOT to,the Embassy might think you are hiding something and instead of being put on AP before you prove AUTHENTICITY of your document,most of us( with genuine documents) have opted NOT to test the depth of the water-but instead cushion ourselves by visiting KNEC.It only cost ksh 2350/=Am in contact with your friend and we have shared a lot.Hope this settles your concern.

Usken I hope this puts the debate to REST

Last edited:
Another reason am saying this and dada knows its very well:Is about some degree of privacy for members and non-members,before I left for Kenya I shared to dada all the phone contacts I had for members and non-members through their consent on condition for some privacy and among the numbers was his and another person dv 2015 who was put on AP and am sure NONE of you members knows about that AP issue,otherwise speculations would have been posted: All this cases to some extent are known to me and lets give them time: I beg

My CN is just before 7000(dv 2015).I submitted my DS -260 on 8th November, when I am I likely to get my appointment before the CO

You are right @usken go. We are here to learn from one another, whether he is a forum member or not his experience is useful as far as it is posted here. It is not a back bite to ask the details

My CN is just before 7000(dv 2015).I submitted my DS -260 on 8th November, when I am I likely to get my appointment before the CO

Anywhere between August and September 2015.

Are you sure dear @Sm1smom? The case number is below 7,000 (like AF6***). Is not august or September too late for such low number though it is submitted late?
I'm afraid you read the number as 70,000.

I agree, as long as there is nothing to personally identify the guy then his experience can have value for other people. No different to anyone else that people know of and talk about.
It is of course a shame he is not on the forum because then he would have been told what he needed to do and would not have had this delay in the first place.

Also quite frankly as long as forum rules are not broken and nothing bad is being done it is no-one's right to tell other people what they can and can't post. Moderators are here to tell people when they step over the line, everything else is free to talk about. Welcome to the Internet.

So, shall @dennkau expect his schedule for march/april? If I'm not mistaken.
My reason for late submission of the D-S 260 was, I only got to check for my section status by July 12th and shortly after this I lost my passport.Due to that I had to apply for a new passport which was issued in late October. My CN is AF6*** not 70,000.should I expect to be interviewed in Jan or early Feb?

Last edited:
My reason for late submission of the D-S 260 was, I only got to check for my section status by July 12th and shortly after this I lost my passport.Due to that I had to apply for a new passport which was issued in late October. My CN is AF6*** not 70,000.should I expect to be interviewed in Jan or early Feb?
you will be notified on Feb for April interview most likely because it takes more than 4 months to process the form