• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

About the knec certificate
Why take chances to be put on AP.
Actually I think it's a must..to verify your certificate and have knec send it to the Embassy.
The rules change with time.

Hello Guys, am looking for a good hotel close to IOM with good accommodation, any suggestions?
Thank you.[/QUOTEt]
@ kakjose,i dont think there are any hotels near IOM,and ifany,it would be qt expensive.are you looking for somwhere that you and your family can spend a night or somewhere you can have a meal?
I know what he might be looking for,since during
@Sm1smom , @Britsimon Just out of curiosity is there an instance a Principal Applicant would be granted visa and their spouse denied or put on AP?
Yes it happened in dv 2014:Ceac data:check this link https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx TYPE this in the Immigrants case number and you will see once case being issued and the other being refused/The other being issued and the other being on ready 2015AF361 or 2014AF438

Last edited:
Hey guys! Congrats on your winnings and welcome to the good old uncle Sams!Been around for a year and 8 months and fully settled. I won the DV 2013. I applied for someone who won and did the medicals today. I'm to host him and the family. The issue is on the KCSE certificate, nobody so far as responded to the question correctly. DO YOU NEED VERIFICATION FROM KNEC IF YOU HAVE ORIGINAL CERT?To be honest I think if you have original KCSE cert you don't need any kind of verification. ..The only reason you would be put on AP due to cert is because it's either it's counterfeit or didn't have the original. If it was counterfeit, and you go back for second interview you can kiss freedom and America good bye coz you u be going for the handcuffs. ..but may be things changed, inform me if possible. The reason I'm saying this is because in our DV2013 they had this restriction on the average grade which put many a winners in a temptation to go for river road certs....and boy, were they all arrested. But your case is different and maybe that's why they would require confirmation from KNEC but I still don't get it...I directed the person I'm asking on behalf of here but has not been able to post for some reasons. ..and once again guys I share in your joy of winning. ...so gorgeous 1 year and half. ..have been able to get into a top notch USA pharmacy school. ..together with my wife...works over the weekend. ..has our own place 2 cars and the going is great but very busy...we can't complain so let nobody discourage you. ..especially if you are young. ..we left our university education mid way in kenya and no regrets so far.Ifnyoubare coming to East Coast Holla!
Nesh42:Infact i met the guy(family) you are talking about and I introduced myself to him as we waited for the medicals(my family) medicals.Initially he couldn't understand why its necessary but after informing him of a lady who was put on AP yesterday and requested to visit KNEC for a confidential report he and wife agreed to visit KNEC:Now the KNEC issue is NOT a must:however,when almost everyone take that route and another decide NOT to,the Embassy might think you are hiding something and instead of being put on AP before you prove AUTHENTICITY of your document,most of us( with genuine documents) have opted NOT to test the depth of the water-but instead cushion ourselves by visiting KNEC.It only cost ksh 2350/=Am in contact with your friend and we have shared a lot.Hope this settles your concern.

I have re-read your post.There is a hotel inside village market,cant recall its name.I repeat- these are very expensive facilities, rating by the the kind of pple who check in,but if you are able to part with something above 20k for a night,then go for it.If its just for a night or 2,google "NAIROBI LODGES",you will see a list of good lodges with friendly ratings plus contacts..Cabs are also qt cheap shd you need one to ferry you to IOM,from as little as 700.hope this helps.
Hi prince:have you relocated yet or when are you planning do so?

Nesh42:Infact i met the guy(family) you are talking about and I introduced myself to him as we waited for the medicals(my family) medicals.Initially he couldn't understand why its necessary but after informing him of a lady who was put on AP yesterday and requested to visit KNEC for a confidential report he and wife agreed to visit KNEC:Now the KNEC issue is NOT a must:however,when almost everyone take that route and another decide NOT to,the Embassy might think you are hiding something and instead of being put on AP before you prove AUTHENTICITY of your document,most of us( with genuine documents) have opted NOT to test the depth of the water-but instead cushion ourselves by visiting KNEC.It only cost ksh 2350/=Am in contact with your friend and we have shared a lot.Hope this settles your concern.
Simon,thank you for your reply.Yeah they told me so im very glad you two are in touch with my family. Im going to call the Kentucky Centre here in the USA and confirm this matter.

John, Blind searching does not help, lat time i got a hotel and the taxi charged me 700ksh to take me to IOM, on returning simon got me a matatu which cost 30ksh
i believe more if recomendations.
Hi Kak:-how do you rate the hotel you boarded last time?around that place(PARKLANDS)there are more spacious hotels and you only need to save on the TAXI thing as you noted.

Simon,thank you for your reply.Yeah they told me so im very glad you two are in touch with my family. Im going to call the Kentucky Centre here in the USA and confirm this matter.
That would be nice:However,The Kentucky office handles documentations only and WILL NEVER get involved on ISSUANCE or DENIAL of a VISA,again they say,once an interview is scheduled they have no part in that case anymore.Different Embassies have different styles/independence on what to request(documentation e.g I134(AOS),Academics cert... .But we shall all appreciate being informed.Regards

@Sm1smom , @Britsimon Just out of curiosity is there an instance a Principal Applicant would be granted visa and their spouse denied or put on AP?
Click this link and type the case numbers indicated:Yes it happened in dv 2014:Ceac data:check this link https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx TYPE this in the Immigrants case number and you will see once case being issued and the other being refused/The other being issued and the other being on ready 2015AF361 or 2014AF438

"If you submit any fraudulent documents with your application, you will be ineligible to receive a visa. Documents presented are subject to independent verification; do not take the risk of presenting a false document"
SOURCE: AMERICAN EMBASSY NAIROBI
So based on the above info i do not think its necessary to do the verifications but if ITS ONLY 3K there is NO NEED NOT TO VERIFY.....

"If you submit any fraudulent documents with your application, you will be ineligible to receive a visa. Documents presented are subject to independent verification; do not take the risk of presenting a false document"
SOURCE: AMERICAN EMBASSY NAIROBI
So based on the above info i do not think its necessary to do the verifications but if ITS ONLY 3K there is NO NEED NOT TO VERIFY.....
Very very correct..

Nayfara, it would be so much in order if you present a link to the above as Simon told you. Otherwise its hard to authenticate your info