• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

@ kakjose,i dont think there are any hotels near IOM,and ifany,it would be qt expensive.are you looking for somwhere that you and your family can spend a night or somewhere you can have a meal?

I have re-read your post.There is a hotel inside village market,cant recall its name.I repeat- these are very expensive facilities, rating by the the kind of pple who check in,but if you are able to part with something above 20k for a night,then go for it.If its just for a night or 2,google "NAIROBI LODGES",you will see a list of good lodges with friendly ratings plus contacts..Cabs are also qt cheap shd you need one to ferry you to IOM,from as little as 700.hope this helps.

There is one just across IOM and one behind the Brazil Consulate. I'll let you know if I recall the name. The one in Village Market is called Tribe and costs $100 a night at times.

Hello Guys, am looking for a good hotel close to IOM with good accommodation, any suggestions?
Thank you.
yes,you remember village market mole-you(where we made payment) proceed in the opposite direction-to nairobi a place called ruaka.its 5min drive(from IOM) on a public service vehicle.there is a big town(ruaka).call me for more information,classic and fair rates.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Congrats on your winnings and welcome to the good old uncle Sams!Been around for a year and 8 months and fully settled. I won the DV 2013. I applied for someone who won and did the medicals today. I'm to host him and the family. The issue is on the KCSE certificate, nobody so far as responded to the question correctly. DO YOU NEED VERIFICATION FROM KNEC IF YOU HAVE ORIGINAL CERT?To be honest I think if you have original KCSE cert you don't need any kind of verification. ..The only reason you would be put on AP due to cert is because it's either it's counterfeit or didn't have the original. If it was counterfeit, and you go back for second interview you can kiss freedom and America good bye coz you u be going for the handcuffs. ..but may be things changed, inform me if possible. The reason I'm saying this is because in our DV2013 they had this restriction on the average grade which put many a winners in a temptation to go for river road certs....and boy, were they all arrested. But your case is different and maybe that's why they would require confirmation from KNEC but I still don't get it...I directed the person I'm asking on behalf of here but has not been able to post for some reasons. ..and once again guys I share in your joy of winning. ...so gorgeous 1 year and half. ..have been able to get into a top notch USA pharmacy school. ..together with my wife...works over the weekend. ..has our own place 2 cars and the going is great but very busy...we can't complain so let nobody discourage you. ..especially if you are young. ..we left our university education mid way in kenya and no regrets so far.Ifnyoubare coming to East Coast Holla!

There is one just across IOM and one behind the Brazil Consulate. I'll let you know if I recall the name. The one in Village Market is called Tribe and costs $100 a night at times.
yes,you remember village market mole-you(where we made payment) proceed in the opposite direction-to nairobi a place called ruaka.its 5min drive(from IOM) on a public service vehicle.there is a big town(ruaka).call me for more information,classic and fair rates.
Thanks simon

I have re-read your post.There is a hotel inside village market,cant recall its name.I repeat- these are very expensive facilities, rating by the the kind of pple who check in,but if you are able to part with something above 20k for a night,then go for it.If its just for a night or 2,google "NAIROBI LODGES",you will see a list of good lodges with friendly ratings plus contacts..Cabs are also qt cheap shd you need one to ferry you to IOM,from as little as 700.hope this helps.
John, Blind searching does not help, lat time i got a hotel and the taxi charged me 700ksh to take me to IOM, on returning simon got me a matatu which cost 30ksh
i believe more if recomendations.

nE
Hey guys! Congrats on your winnings and welcome to the good old uncle Sams!Been around for a year and 8 months and fully settled. I won the DV 2013. I applied for someone who won and did the medicals today. I'm to host him and the family. The issue is on the KCSE certificate, nobody so far as responded to the question correctly. DO YOU NEED VERIFICATION FROM KNEC IF YOU HAVE ORIGINAL CERT?To be honest I think if you have original KCSE cert you don't need any kind of verification. ..The only reason you would be put on AP due to cert is because it's either it's counterfeit or didn't have the original. If it was counterfeit, and you go back for second interview you can kiss freedom and America good bye coz you u be going for the handcuffs. ..but may be things changed, inform me if possible. The reason I'm saying this is because in our DV2013 they had this restriction on the average grade which put many a winners in a temptation to go for river road certs....and boy, were they all arrested. But your case is different and maybe that's why they would require confirmation from KNEC but I still don't get it...I directed the person I'm asking on behalf of here but has not been able to post for some reasons. ..and once again guys I share in your joy of winning. ...so gorgeous 1 year and half. ..have been able to get into a top notch USA pharmacy school. ..together with my wife...works over the weekend. ..has our own place 2 cars and the going is great but very busy...we can't complain so let nobody discourage you. ..especially if you are young. ..we left our university education mid way in kenya and no regrets so far.Ifnyoubare coming to East Coast Holla![/QUOTE

Nesh...noted!....Your story sounds a success and encouraging

Hey guys! Congrats on your winnings and welcome to the good old uncle Sams!Been around for a year and 8 months and fully settled. I won the DV 2013. I applied for someone who won and did the medicals today. I'm to host him and the family. The issue is on the KCSE certificate, nobody so far as responded to the question correctly. DO YOU NEED VERIFICATION FROM KNEC IF YOU HAVE ORIGINAL CERT?To be honest I think if you have original KCSE cert you don't need any kind of verification. ..The only reason you would be put on AP due to cert is because it's either it's counterfeit or didn't have the original. If it was counterfeit, and you go back for second interview you can kiss freedom and America good bye coz you u be going for the handcuffs. ..but may be things changed, inform me if possible. The reason I'm saying this is because in our DV2013 they had this restriction on the average grade which put many a winners in a temptation to go for river road certs....and boy, were they all arrested. But your case is different and maybe that's why they would require confirmation from KNEC but I still don't get it...I directed the person I'm asking on behalf of here but has not been able to post for some reasons. ..and once again guys I share in your joy of winning. ...so gorgeous 1 year and half. ..have been able to get into a top notch USA pharmacy school. ..together with my wife...works over the weekend. ..has our own place 2 cars and the going is great but very busy...we can't complain so let nobody discourage you. ..especially if you are young. ..we left our university education mid way in kenya and no regrets so far.Ifnyoubare coming to East Coast Holla!
its on their webpage for kenyans its a must you sent the confidential report from knec. just let him send to avoid issues.