• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

hi guys,my family is schedule for interview in mid DEC any one else schedule in mid DEC?
i would also like to know if both my hussy and me have to get certified copies of certificates or only the main applicant?
Hi chemingin am also scheduled for mid Dec. Did my medicals last week, awaiting my Police Cert and have requested KNEC to send confirmation of my results to the Embassy.

Simon's post is confusing about being put on AP then getting an extension. It would be appreciated if simon could explain the exact circumstances.
A number of embassies have posted that whereas for ordinary immigrant visas people may cancel the original and re -apply for a new visa (the only way to extend validity because they cannot do longer than 6 months), that this provision does not apply for DV. So I think simon should be very clear about what the exact circumstances were. It would be unusual for one embassy to do something others won't.
One should also note that if you do it this way, even if they allow it you will lose your original visa number and then may find a problem if there is not another one available when you want. You would also have to pay again.
Your least risky route is go for the interview when scheduled, get the visa, activate it then you have up to a year to go back.
The selectee went to the embassy(february 2014)the VISA was approved(given the green paper) but before it was printed,the Ex-Girlfriend made claim of the child and hence put the case was put on AP.They were all called to the embassy and the lady explained she wanted some issues resolved first.
She was told to file a case-which she did and after the matter was resolved :The embassy requested court proceedings and in July the selectee was requested to resend his passport via DHL which he did.
During collection of the VISA from the DHL,he noted that the VISA was to expire in 3 weeks time( its like after the VISA was approved the clock started ticking while on AP) so he had 3 weeks to fly.
He notified the embassy that he could not make it within 3 weeks.
The Embassy told him to go for vaccination and to resend his passports(containing the old VISA),did that and was issued with another VISA valid until January.If this explanation is not satisfactory-ask Rogers dv 2014 as they were all in AP we come from the same area.I can as well give you his number to call he is in North Carolina.

Last edited:
hallo all of you,i just joined recently and am trying to post.my CN is2015 AF74xxxx,do i have hopes or is my CN to high?i applied dv 2016 though.thanks for for all your helpful insight
Its high CN but somehow safe-

The selectee went to the embassy(february 2014)the VISA was approved(given the green paper) but before it was printed,the Ex-Girlfriend made claim of the child and hence put the case was put on AP.They were all called to the embassy and the lady explained she wanted some issues resolved first.
She was told to file a case-which she did and after the matter was resolved :The embassy requested court proceedings and in July the selectee was requested to resend his passport via DHL which he did.
During collection of the VISA from the DHL,he noted that the VISA was to expire in 3 weeks time( its like after the VISA was approved the clock started ticking while on AP) so he had 3 weeks to fly.
The Embassy told him to go for vaccination and to resend his passports(containing the old VISA),did that and was issued with another VISA valid until January.If this explanation is not satisfactory-ask Rogers dv 2014 as they were all in AP we come from the same area.I can as well give you his number to call he is in North Carolina.

Surely you must see that this is a completely unique case that cannot be used as precedent for anything else. He did not have the passport with printed visa in it during the time of AP, what clearly happened is they did only print his visa when his AP ended but because of the medical near expiry it was so short, and they were obviously reasonable because of the circumstances of them dictating the delay and not the fault of the applicant. This case is highly unusual and completely different to the case where somebody received his passPort with visa but the 6 momth time doesn't suit him so he wants to extend. This case means nothing to the person who asked the question....

Yes, I agree with Susie that this is an unusual case scenario.

I'm certainly not doubting the story, however I have to state that it's your use of terms that is causing the confusion in the mind of readers. Agreed the guy was verbally told he was approved but got put on AP before the visa could be printed, which is not unusual. We've had reports of other people who were told congratulations you've been approved, come pick up your passport on so so date only for them to show up and be told they're on AP. So it's not like your friend was approved and on AP at the same time - which is the impression I got from reading the narration a couple of posts back.

The visa was eventually issued with a 3 week expiration date based on the validity of the medical exam (as confirmed with a replacement 6 month validity visa issued flowing a new medical exam) - the initial visa wasn't issued with a 3 week validity because the "the clock started ticking" from the initial approval date.

Yes, I agree with Susie that this is an unusual case scenario.

I'm certainly not doubting the story, however I have to state that it's your use of terms that is causing the confusion in the mind of readers. Agreed the guy was verbally told he was approved but got put on AP before the visa could be printed, which is not unusual. We've had reports of other people who were told congratulations you've been approved, come pick up your passport on so so date only for them to show up and be told they're on AP. So it's not like your friend was approved and on AP at the same time - which is the impression I got from reading the narration a couple of posts back.

The visa was eventually issued with a 3 week expiration date based on the validity of the medical exam (as confirmed with a replacement 6 month validity visa issued flowing a new medical exam) - the initial visa wasn't issued with a 3 week validity because the "the clock started ticking" from the initial approval date.
Got it and thanks..

Mmh!

Let me see if I got this right.

DV visa extension is not guaranteed. I do understand also by pursuite of this I will have to pay all over again.
So I will have to go for the interview, acquire the visa, activate it. By activation do you mean traveling? Why the one year wait?

Thank you in advance

Simon's post is confusing about being put on AP then getting an extension. It would be appreciated if simon could explain the exact circumstances.
A number of embassies have posted that whereas for ordinary immigrant visas people may cancel the original and re -apply for a new visa (the only way to extend validity because they cannot do longer than 6 months), that this provision does not apply for DV. So I think simon should be very clear about what the exact circumstances were. It would be unusual for one embassy to do something others won't.
One should also note that if you do it this way, even if they allow it you will lose your original visa number and then may find a problem if there is not another one available when you want. You would also have to pay again.
Your least risky route is go for the interview when scheduled, get the visa, activate it then you have up to a year to go back.

Mmh!

DV visa extension is not guaranteed. I do understand also by pursuite of this I will have to pay all over again.
So I will have to go for the interview, acquire the visa, activate it. By activation do you mean traveling? Why the one year wait?

Thank you in advance

I really don't think you should take the extension of the visa as a realistic option.

Please read my blogpost - it covers your questions.
http://britsimonsays.com/successful-interview-length-visa-validity-leaving-usa-arriving/

Mmh!

Thank you in advance

DV extension is by all official accounts not "not guaranteed", it is "not available". Simon's example of a very specific case with very specific circumstances is very misleading for you. Of course, you can always ask them in your interview, but they will say no.

And it's not a one-year wait. You don't need to leave at all after activatung (yes traveling). It's the maximum time you can stay out the US to finish what you need to, as you indicated you will not be able to make the move permanent within 6 months. This is your oniy realistic option, assuming you want a green card.