• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

@Simon I have the result slip from KNEC that I got when I completed high school, is there any other KNEC slip required apart from this one ?
There is a guy by the name Gathuru from Mombasa (your current town of residence) whose case is scheduled for interview on 5th November (a day after my interview).I can link him with you for a for a cup of tea.

There is a guy by the name Gathuru from Mombasa (your current town of residence) whose case is scheduled for interview on 5th November (a day after my interview).I can link him with you for a for a cup of tea.
@Simon all the best in your interview. Hope you have began the police cert process and Medicals too.

Hi
How is it like in calif? my wife in in agri and i think that place has openings in that line. I am xxxAF 10xx, 2015. Wht's your opinion?
@usken go am one of the back benchers of 2014 DV I actually just did my interview early this month so am still in Kenya. I think where you go to begin with heavily matters on whether you have a host ready to accomodate you. Cali may have the openings in Agriculture you are reffering to but if your host is in Mississippi, what do you do?You just go there first and manouver your way to whichever state best suits you once you stabilize.All the best. Your no is 10 with 2 zeros before or 3 zeros or 4 zeros. It matters alot you know....shows how high up ur case is or not.

Hi
How is it like in calif? my wife in in agri and i think that place has openings in that line. I am xxxAF 10xx, 2015. Wht's your opinion?

Hello Usken...I'm in Calif, which part exactly are yu guyz coming to LA, SD etc. This place is hot, like hot hot. You open your house n the 1st thing that greets you is a hot air.
Anyway, there may be opportunities in that field but I'd urge her to be more open and be ready to work in other fields also.

am in kenya won dv 2015 with my Siz. sent DS 260 in May 2014. wenn do i receive reply or sth? this year or next year?

Follow-to join
I have to point out it is not entirely clear from their answer if they are considering follow to join, or if they are considering that you will do a normal family petition for them once you are a LPR. You did not actually use the term "follow to join" in your query to them - you simply said "come at a later date". I would suggest you email them again and specifically explain that you are seeking to use follow to join and confirm if it is ok.[/QUOTE

Sussy,Mom & Britsimon. After receiving my 2NL which specifically mentioned in general that my family members Must accompany me, I wrote to the Embassy with this question:

and I quote"
I refer to the Interview notification letter (2nl) scheduled for 4th November 2014.
In my DS 260, I had indicated (follow to join) as my preferred way of pursuing my VISA i.e ( I go for medicals and Interview without being accompanied by the other family members.In January 2015 I will call the Embassy to schedule their (derivatives) Interviews.

I wrote to your Consular for clarification on the same and a positive reply was made on 21 June 2014.

However the letter I received is ambiguous (talks about Must be accompanied by all family members /Family must get their VISA before 30 sept 2015).
Kindly clarify to me whether I can go for medical/Interview alone and later schedule my family in January.
I am pretty comfortable for any reply, its only that I there was an option to do so.

This what they answered:

Embassy of the United States of America
United Nations Avenue
Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: XXXXXXXXX

September 22, 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that IF you wish to process the visa without your family members, you need to have only your medical examination done. When your family members are ready to process a following-to-join visa, they will have their medical examination done then and appear before a Consular Officer for an interview.

Can someone clarify on this email extract.

am in kenya won dv 2015 with my Siz. sent DS 260 in May 2014. wenn do i receive reply or sth? this year or next year?
Won DV 2015 with your Sister ? What a blessing-whats your CN (Case Number).What determines your reply(2NL) or Second notification letter is your Case number.Can you update your signature or Give out the last 3 digits of CN.

my case no. is 00058xxx n my Siz 00027xxx.
Interviews for CN 27*** Late Feb - to March 2015 , For 58xxx Late June- July 2015.Second notification (2nl) will be sent 6 weeks before date of Interview.But check previous VB.

Simon you are not supposed to use this forum for advertising, suggest you edit/delete your advertising post

@Sm1smom @Britsimon

I needed guidance regarding the Form I-134, Affidavit of Support. Is this the same form a sponsor is to fill ? Under what circumstance would one have to get a sponsor in the Dv cases ? and is it mandatory that a sponsor must be a U.S citizen /residing in U.S ?

Also advise what documents a sponsor must provide for the selectee.

Shall appreciate your advices.

Regards

Does my dependant who lived in the US before have to get Police Certificates from the two different states he lived in or will one do? He stayed in one state for only five months

@usken go am one of the back benchers of 2014 DV I actually just did my interview early this month so am still in Kenya. I think where you go to begin with heavily matters on whether you have a host ready to accomodate you. Cali may have the openings in Agriculture you are reffering to but if your host is in Mississippi, what do you do?You just go there first and manouver your way to whichever state best suits you once you stabilize.All the best. Your no is 10 with 2 zeros before or 3 zeros or 4 zeros. It matters alot you know....shows how high up ur case is or not.
Thanks.
as you observed there are three zeroes- going by advice in this forum, i expect early/mid 2015 interview but i have this worrying habit of keeping asking kcc to unlock my ds260.

True No ads. All advice-invaluable advice that has come through this site has been free. take a cue Simon!

Hello Usken...I'm in Calif, which part exactly are yu guyz coming to LA, SD etc. This place is hot, like hot hot. You open your house n the 1st thing that greets you is a hot air.
Anyway, there may be opportunities in that field but I'd urge her to be more open and be ready to work in other fields also.

Hi Jorj
Is it not more consistent in one's career to 'toe the line'? Ama ni hard huko?

Does my dependant who lived in the US before have to get Police Certificates from the two different states he lived in or will one do? He stayed in one state for only five months

PCC from the U.S. is not required to be submitted, an FBI background check that will be carried out as part of the process covers his stay in the US.

@Sm1smom @Britsimon

I needed guidance regarding the Form I-134, Affidavit of Support. Is this the same form a sponsor is to fill ? Under what circumstance would one have to get a sponsor in the Dv cases ? and is it mandatory that a sponsor must be a U.S citizen /residing in U.S ?

Also advise what documents a sponsor must provide for the selectee.

Shall appreciate your advices.

Regards

Yes that is the form.

Some embassy require all DV petitioners to present an affidavit, some people simply present it as a means of proving that they will not become a public charge if they do not have enough personal savings or assets of their own.

Yes