• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Suzy, please be clear, are you certain i should only contact the us embassy in kenya, @mom yo kind input would be very helpful too.
As sussie has advised,I would start with:
Day 1: KCC- Email them KCC and in in the evening (Ugandan time) make phone call
seeking a VERBAL advice and indicate to them you have already sent an
email.
Day 2: Nairobi Embassy-write an email-In the evening and by 11.am the following
day,they are always prompt in answering emails.
Immigrants questions (Verbal phone calls) are only answered in the
afternoon. Call them in reference to the content of your email.
N/B Be Honest as your case will automatically draw their attention.

Medicals done today:I met 3 other DV cases and I invited them to this form.Congrats Kakjose for being one of them.
If you ever suffered Chicken pox,say so,as failure to say so you will be invoiced an extra kshs 4,000/= (approx 45 $).I paid kshs 20,000/= while the rest paid kshs 24,000/=

Last edited:
Hey jonge am drom ug. Am wondering where did you get the certificate is it strictly CPS or the village police posts were u lived
Hi Kakjose,

you can get the certificate of good conduct from interpol near the airstrip in Kololo. I takes about 2 weeks...make sure you go with 2 passport photos as well.

Okay here is an interesting Query, I am a big "saver" and have my original KCSE Certificate AND result slip (I also have my Grade 8 certificate, and every result after that, and all my notes, gosh, I even kept my success cards up until a few years ago, but I digress.) Do I still need to get it from KNEC?
Yes you still do need to apply for KNEC and have it sent to the embassy before your interview otherwise they will place you on AP as they verify your certificates.

I applied as a single person. By then I was not yet even married but even then I would not have travelled with tgemon an adventure like that.
Kakjose are you now married? Then you will need to apply for your spouse and any children as they are eligible. If the back ground checks do reveal you are married and have children, then you will most likely be denied.

Thank you so so much mom, this is relieving, my medicals were today and they were okay, got the shots and cd,
thank you again, i hope if all goes well we will grab a cup of coffee, i thin i know what to do now when i get back. this was very helpful

On Another note, sorry to consume too much of your time, we had planned our honeymoon in NY, we applied for the visas in uganda, the interview is sheduled for 21st oct, and planning to travel in june, i did not want to keep waiting for the dv results to have our honeymoon, should i go ahead and cancel the interview, do i attend and tell them am already processing dv visa, should i ask them to post pond until am done with the dv visa that is after 20th nov to ask for maybe dec or jan?
The B1/B2 visa i applied for was done in uganda, the dv visa is to be done in kenya. kindly see if you can help with this too.

Don't you just like to complicate things! :rolleyes:

With an immigration visa interview scheduled for Nov, I honestly don't see how how the CO in Uganda will approve a NIV application for you and your spouse (who by the way isn't listed on your IV application) for a honeymoon trip planned for June 2015 to celebrate a wedding that took place in August 2014. It really doesn't matter where the interview is taking place, the system will show up with the fact that you're already scheduled for an IV interview. The CO will wonder why not wait for the Nov interview since your trip isn't supposed to take place anytime soon, and they will of course wonder why your spouse isn't on the DV application. I honestly don't see how the B1/B2 visa application will be approved, but it's your call on what to do.

Thank you m

Thank you mom. However you mixed me abit. Should I go ahead and send the certificate to kcc if they might not unlovk the ds260. I get the part of going first and making the decision within the visa expiry periodif 6months. However won't the fact that I got married raise so many eye bows. Which evidence can I use to prove we were dating before. Do sms messages. Dated photos help in anyway. If thats too hard, advice on the GC application you talked of. Do u have any link I can read about how the process is done. Is it any easy one.

By the way your information has been very helpful. I wish I knew about the forum earlier I would be struggling right now.
Thank you so much for the help so far I really appreciate.
Hi Kakjoser,

are you married? this is a standard question the CO will ask you. If you are married, then you should request they unlock DS 260 form so you can include her as well. However it appears your interview is in a couple of weeks and you have already had you medical. You will most certainly get denies once the CO discovers that you were not truthful at all. I suspect you have complicated an otherwise straight forward diversity visa application process.

Last edited:
You may interpret my reaction as being "sensitive", it doesn't bother me. My reaction is simply my way of saying there are other people in dire need of the help I'm willing to provide and I'm not going to waste my time on those with faulty or skewed understanding of the process and who insist they're right. I clearly don't know everything sorrounding the DV process myself, but I certainly don't have the time or patience for BS either. Now, that we've cleared the air, we can both move on.

Regarding your situation, I'm not sure if KCC can/or will be willing to unlock your form again since your interview date as already been scheduled. Also there's no point adding your wife as a derivative if the plan is to petition and sponsor her own GC application some other time.

However if the plan is for your wife to also attend the interview and benefit immediately from your selection, then you may need to contact KCC and request for them to unlock the form right away - (you can begin to fill out the add derivative portion like @usamommy2015 suggested while waiting for the form to be unlocked), email a copy of your marriage certificate to KCC, you may or may not need to contact the embassy to change the interview date depending on when KCC unlocks the form and when you're able to complete the medical exam for your spouse, attend the interview with your spouse with ample prove of the existence of your relationship prior to your DV selection. Following a successful interview, you will most likely be issued with a visa which is valid for 6 months, you travel immediately while your wife stays back and you can then decide if life in the US will be worth it or not and your wife can join you before her visa expires.

Whatever the case he MUST include his wife and any children they have had as beneficiaries. Depending on when the interview date is, he could request KCC to unlock his form and make the necessary inclusions. He could also request the embassy to postpone his interview by a week say to the end of the month that way his visa number is still available. Otherwise if a simple back ground were to be carried out it could be easily found out that he is married.

Whatever the case he MUST include his wife and any children they have had as beneficiaries. Depending on when the interview date is, he could request KCC to unlock his form and make the necessary inclusions. He could also request the embassy to postpone his interview by a week say to the end of the month that way his visa number is still available. Otherwise if a simple back ground were to be carried out it could be easily found out that he is married.

Not sure what the point you trying to make is by quoting my post in your response. You obviously did not take your time to understand the wordings of my post before jumping on in.

Yes you still do need to apply for KNEC and have it sent to the embassy before your interview otherwise they will place you on AP as they verify your certificates.
I mean do I still need KNEC to send the certificate or can I go with my originals and a copy.
It is not a MUST,you only do it to prevent further investigation in case they doubt your results.My advice would be,JUST DO IT FOR THE SAKE.In the year 2012.the minimum grade during the interview was C plain.This made many people to forge their documents and that's why most of them(during 2012) were requested to visit KNEC office.

Simon I forgive yo french. Anyway. One of the guys had an error on the forms and was asking about unlocking. One of the guys on the forum adviced to unlock then the other said its okay. Such typos happen you can change that at the COs office. Anyway. We hot married on 16th aug. By then I had sent the forms my interviews were today. I dont think I can pull the forms now. I think it is possible to correct on the interview day.
Hi Kakjose,there are mistakes(minor e.g typos) that are correctable during Interview,but your case is too technical( an addition of extra VISA) not to mention other reasons.Kindly do as you have been advised by the moderators.

Morning Kakjose,its true what the mods are saying.That's why I insisted during our medical day to make a point of registering in the forum and post your questions.Now after reading all the post and answers given,kindly correct my opinion below:
1. You said your wife will not accompany you to the US(CORRECT ?) Then you have 2 options
a) After informing KCC and Nairobi Embassy-you can inform them that you need her during your Interview which means she
has to attend medicals before your interview date.
b) If you happen to inform them that she will come at a later date or follow to join-They will definitely answer that :She is not required
to do her medicals until the day she is ready (before the end of fiscal year dv 2015) however they will still inform you that,if its past
the fiscal year,then a long process of petition that might take over four years will apply.

CONCLUSION: Since Your concern is NOT to be put under AP it would be wise that she may attend with you since her absence might
also trigger more suspicion.

Last edited:
And surely the Ugandan officer will flag the discrepancy in marital status on the applicants file.
Does this mean he has 2 interviews at different consulates
1.) B1/B2 ( tourism/visitor)-Uganda consulate can handle that
2.) DV lottery - All Ugandan cases done at Kenyan Embassy.
Observation/Contradictions: Case One (Ugandan) will show Interview for a couple
Case two (Kenyan)currently shows Interview for a single ( which one takes precedence?)

Hi Kakjose,there are mistakes(minor e.g typos) that are correctable during Interview,but your case is too technical( an addition of extra VISA) not to mention other reasons.Kindly do as you have been advised by the moderators.
Brit Simon -The moderator
It is not a MUST,you only do it to prevent further investigation in case they doubt your results.My advice would be,JUST DO IT FOR THE SAKE.In the year 2012.the minimum grade during the interview was C plain.This made many people to forge their documents and that's why most of them(during 2012) were requested to visit KNEC office.
You can go with original and copies and that's all ( for certainty just write an email to the Embassy and inquire on the same)