• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hi on issue number 1. The mother would have to give parental consent in writing indicating giving authorization forthe kid to acquire an IV and also giving you rightsto exercise full parentalresponsibility and have the same notarized . Issue no 2 complicates the matter since it's bigamy. Unless you had separated with your wfirst wive for aperiod of seven years or more. Note that this cannot be termed as polygamy..coz I presume you had a ceremony. Polygamy occurs under customary law. And whereas polygamy is legal in Kenya. Bigamy is not legal.

Question 1. Do I need to show I have custody of the child or can the mother do an affidavit to be accepting the same. 2 Doing a late put on paper divorce n a late Marriage affects or doesn't taking into consideration your second born is older than your official signing of your marriage certificate 3 Names such serah, Sarah, saara would just an affidavit do taking into consideration pics weren't placed on
e

Hi on issue number 1. The mother would have to give parental consent in writing indicating giving authorization forthe kid to acquire an IV and also giving you rightsto exercise full parentalresponsibility and have the same notarized . Issue no 2 complicates the matter since it's bigamy. Unless you had separated with your wfirst wive for aperiod of seven years or more. Note that this cannot be termed as polygamy..coz I presume you had a ceremony. Polygamy occurs under customary law. And whereas polygamy is legal in Kenya. Bigamy is not legal.

We separated in 2008 then she went to a far city till now where she's been working, I got another lady in 2009 to date, we got a child in 2012 since then we were in less communication with my first wife coz of the distance except in regard to my first born who I had with my first wife n who obviously from time to time had to visit the mommy
Twisting this a bit is the fact being a Muslim, Now both my wives were Christians n I respected that, question is personally am a one lady guy but the certificates re from the kadhis court both divorce n marriage indicating very close range between divorce n , put in mind we had a child in 2012 with my current spouse. Kindly @ super moderators, just inquiring for advise stop discouraging or discourage in a manner one ought to understand, shukran.

Am not a moderator or super moderator.....

going on the basis of your new revelation of being Islamic.. Yes we understand that your culture and customs do allow for you to marry more than one wife. And since at the point of doing traditional marriage to your second wife, you had not officially divorced your first wife,technically it you had two wives
however the question that i am asking my self is was the divorce and subsequent marriage done prior to entry for dv 2015 or after?

Ms. DadaWell-Known Member
@@Simon @@lula_teamarsi

Lula's visa approved this morning :) :)

She's a wonderful person , thanks for the link up @@Simon

@@lula_teamarsi please update us on your interview experience.

Congratulations Hun !!

Thankyou dada and simon and britsimon u guys been wondefull and helpfull got visa approved yesterday at noon .
The experience has been like this
I went in the morning at 6 am i was there there is line for men and women you pass through security check and to pass the gate bring in 2NL states appointment date and else. Then i have to step in line to show to another lady my 2NL, then she confirmed and let me through to another security check of metal detectors then leave phone and cd to be picked after interview. Then went inside to get waiting number to hear ur number called on, and another small paper to fill some info then go out side to wait for ur number to be called ,
After some long long wait my number got called and i was asked to give my birth certificate original & copy and my high school certificate , and affidavit to support in the name discrepancy i had. And then i was told to pay at the last counter of the cashier i paid in dollar there are options, then i brought two reciepts to the lady i gave my documents to gave the both reciepts back and then was told to wait. Then was called to anothet counter for finger prints then told to wait
After like an hour i was called at another counter for the interview the lady asked me these questiIons
1, Do u swear to tell the truth and everything u presented
#Swore
2, How long have u been in Nairobi
###
3, Currently where are is ur residence
###
4, And you are working somewhere else
##
5, What do you do at work place
$###
6, Who are you working with
##$$###
7, You have studied in University what
###$#
8, Who is your host
#$###
9, Where is she living ,
####$##
And then she asked me one last question out of curiosity if i have permit at place i work in
Then she told me that my visa have been approved and gave me a green paper that shows how to register for DHL and to expect my passport gave me my original ducuments and told me tto also pay 165 onlinr wen i get the visa.

We separated in 2008 then she went to a far city till now where she's been working, I got another lady in 2009 to date, we got a child in 2012 since then we were in less communication with my first wife coz of the distance except in regard to my first born who I had with my first wife n who obviously from time to time had to visit the mommy
Twisting this a bit is the fact being a Muslim, Now both my wives were Christians n I respected that, question is personally am a one lady guy but the certificates re from the kadhis court both divorce n marriage indicating very close range between divorce n , put in mind we had a child in 2012 with my current spouse. Kindly @ super moderators, just inquiring for advise stop discouraging or discourage in a manner one ought to understand, shukran.

I'm not trying to encourage or discourage you - just inform you. I think Bmmn has just asked for clarification on the crucial point. The timing of the divorce from wife A and the marriage to wife B. And that is what I have always struggled with about your case, not because of any judgement about marriage or traditions in your country or your personal choices. Your problem lies with the timing of these actions....

@@Simon @@lula_teamarsi

Congratulations Hun !!

Thankyou dada and simon and britsimon u guys been wondefull and helpfull got visa approved yesterday at noon .
I went in the morning at 6 am i was there there is line for men and women you pass through security check and to pass the gate bring in 2NL states appointment date and else. Then i have to step in line to show to another lady my 2NL, then she confirmed and let me through to another security check of metal detectors then leave phone and cd to be picked after interview. Then went inside to get waiting number to hear ur number called on, and another small paper to fill some info then go out side to wait for ur number to be called ,
After some long long wait my number got called and i was asked to give my birth certificate original & copy and my high school certificate , and affidavit to support in the name discrepancy i had. And then i was told to pay at the last counter of the cashier i paid in dollar there are options, then i brought two reciepts to the lady i gave my documents to gave the both reciepts back and then was told to wait. Then was called to anothet counter for finger prints then told to wait
After like an hour i was called at another counter for the interview the lady asked me these questiIons
#Swore
###
###
##
$###
##$$###
###$#
8, Who is your host
#$###
9, Where is she living ,
####$##
And then she asked me one last question out of curiosity if i have permit at place i work in
Then she told me that my visa have been approved and gave me a green paper that shows how to register for DHL and to expect my passport gave me my original ducuments and told me tto also pay 165 onlinr wen i get the visa.

Congratulations Lula!

I don't understand. Do you want people to be honest with you even if it is "discouraging", or do you want people to ignore the facts and be "encouraging"?

Let me help with some examples.

Discouraging.
You lied on your eDV/didn't follow the instructions. You are likely to be refused.

Encouraging.
You lied on your eDV/didn't follow the instructions. You need an affidavit and a lot of prayer - then everything will be lovely.

;)

Let me help with some examples.

Discouraging.
You lied on your eDV/didn't follow the instructions. You are likely to be refused.

Encouraging.
You lied on your eDV/didn't follow the instructions. You need an affidavit and a lot of prayer - then everything will be lovely.

;)

Precisely.
The other thing about the "encouraging" response that irritates me is that (in this case) they don't factor in that maybe the applicant doesn't simply have $1320 lying around to waste on a gamble...

@@Simon @@lula_teamarsi

Congratulations Hun !!

#Swore
###
###
##
$###
##$$###
###$#
8, Who is your host
#$###
9, Where is she living ,
####$##
CONGRATS..what was the discripancy in your name and what is the process of swearing affidavit? on my kcse cert my middle name is initialused and am worried..

Ohh my grand father name in highschool and other educational documents is abraham and my birth certificate and pp is abraha so i swore affidavit infront of credited lawyer by US embassy that one and same name and i gave them to embassy with my documents.

Ohh my grand father name in highschool and other educational documents is abraham and my birth certificate and pp is abraha so i swore affidavit infront of credited lawyer by US embassy that one and same name and i gave them to embassy with my documents.
Can you please send me the conduct of any acredited lawyer you know..i think i also need an affidavit..my middle name in my highschool certificate is written as "M" while in my birth cert n pp is writen in full..am afraid it might bring me priblems during the interview

Can you please send me the conduct of any acredited lawyer you know..i think i also need an affidavit..my middle name in my highschool certificate is written as "M" while in my birth cert n pp is writen in full..am afraid it might bring me priblems during the interview

That really is not a problem....

@@Simon @@lula_teamarsi

Congratulations Hun !!

#Swore
###
###
##
$###
##$$###
###$#
8, Who is your host
#$###
9, Where is she living ,
####$##
Thank you lula for taking my advise seriously, you in boxed me and requested for a personal advise and due to logistics i requested you to inbox @DADA to direct you to a qualified lawyer to Draft an affidavit.affidavits are charged approx $5 and carrying it with you as your last defense can be the magic wand.always carry any relevant document that can help easing tension and anxiety.congratulation and welcome

That really is not
Can you please send me the conduct of any acredited lawyer you know..i think i also need an affidavit..my middle name in my highschool certificate is written as "M" while in my birth cert n pp is writen in full..am afraid it might bring me priblems during the interview[/QUOTE
The entire lottery thing has and will cost to some good money, why not spare $5_6 and just carry an affidavit.believe me you, it might not be required by the embassy but will help in bringing down anxiety and tension.you won't understand what am talking about until the Co starts perusing your document one by one and perhaps asking you some questions...like a you so and so?

I'm not trying to encourage or discourage you - just inform you. I think Bmmn has just asked for clarification on the crucial point. The timing of the divorce from wife A and the marriage to wife B. And that is what I have always struggled with about your case, not because of any judgement about marriage or traditions in your country or your personal choices. Your problem lies with the timing of these actions....
Ree
Question 1. Do I need to show I have custody of the child or can the mother do an affidavit to be accepting the same. 2 Doing a late put on paper divorce n a late Marriage affects or doesn't taking into consideration your second born is older than your official signing of your marriage certificate 3 Names such serah, Sarah, saara would just an affidavit do taking into consideration pics weren't placed on our documents back then?
Reez, This is your defining moment,I understand your feelings and if at all the Divorce and marriage certificate were issued by the KADHI COURTS here in Kenya and their functions are well spelt in the Kenya constitution;Take my final words;Swear the affidavits and soldier on.Plan B as per the the other advise is that you will never be issued with a VISA and hence being advised to bow-out.When is your Interview date I wish I would have settled well and I promise I will send you some dollars-if it will have to go to the drains let mine be part of it.I promise.But don't quit the process.@dada will give you my number.

Kituo cha sheria (A government funded Non Governmental body) always draw affidavits for free and also give legal advise for free.Why not pop in and have your affidavit in your pocket.Just incase...if it were not necessary,then you would not be having all this anxiety-Tension & anxiety at the Embassy can breed something else (more interrogation) and no one in this forum will be close to make a brief for you.

you chose what you want to drive and as per your budget:for starters its better to start low-I bought in cash, prices ranges from $2,000-12,000/= for average cars.just goggle used card in any states and you will get offers.I have not built any worthy credit history and don't want to fall into the shark traps
Good progress Simon.Wonderful plan about debts. don't even try.