• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

A Kenyan , from Nairobi - Victor got his visa granted this morning

Victors interview experience

asked to provide.....birth cert...police clearance cert.....primary n high school cert....passport

then went to pay interview fee....330USD

questions:.....raise your right hand and swear that the info given is the truth......

a you married..NO.. do you have children ..NO.....after high school ..

have you gone for any course....Yeah...i have a university degree..........

which state are u going to......?. who will host you???.......

congratulations victor....your visa is approved
They asked for a primary certificate!!! i cant trace mine bt i have a highschool cert and a university degree..hope the absence of kcpe cert wont be a problem..
Congrats Victor

Hmmm ....... What was it that Mark Twain once said? Ah yes, "never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

And that's all from this end!

Please let us respect each other and be ready to accommodate one another's views as we are all exchanging ideas for the benefit of the forumates, kindly let us guide one
another with love and respect. On the issue of marriage, my friend entered dv 2016 as a single because the family was far and he could not be able to get their photos.
what will happen in case he wins. Can he fill DS 260 as a single and probably once he is settled in US invite the family. What is your take on this friends.

Unfortunately the inability to include one's family members on the eDV form for whatever reason is not an acceptable excuse. The suggestion for him to continue processing alone is considered to be withholding of material facts. If he succeeds at getting the visa on his own, he will never be able to bring his family over to the U.S. later on, if he tries to sponsor them he could possibly face being charged with fraudulently obtaining his visa, his GC will be revoked and he will face a life time ban.

Noooo this is a kick in the balls mom:eek::mad::confused: I didn't expect that from u mom....#totallydisgusted

@Britsimon is this kind of sarcasm allowed here???is a moderator allowed to write (edited by Britsimon) as mom has done??

Hmmm ....... What was it that Mark Twain once said? Ah yes, "never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

And that's all from this end!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let us respect each other and be ready to accommodate one another's views as we are all exchanging ideas for the benefit of the forumates, kindly let us guide one
another with love and respect. On the issue of marriage, my friend entered dv 2016 as a single because the family was far and he could not be able to get their photos.
what will happen in case he wins. Can he fill DS 260 as a single and probably once he is settled in US invite the family. What is your take on this friends.

If he continues as a single person he may not get found out. However if he then wants his family to join him in the USA since he will have to show documentation that will prove he lied to get the DV win. In that case the consequences are then going to be serious.

He should probably also brush up on Proverbs 6:16-19.

As has been said. He can enter as single, however this is immigration fraud according to the US law. If he gets found out at the interview, he will be banned for life from entering the US. If he does not get found out, he will get a visa,but he can never have his family join him. All his records will be kept on file. If he applies to petition for his family they will see immediately that he lied on his DS260, revoke his green card and yup same ban on entry. So better he plans enough in advance for the next entry period that he has their photos, unless he thinks going to the US is worth abandoning his family for (and again assuming he doesn't get found out at the interview, which is not a certainty).

All this debate and he hasnt even won. In my opinion, he should just throw away his confirmation number. If he is selected and he checks it and decides to go through with the whole thing, it will be unfair for people like my sister who have been applying for years now, always being honest about it.

Wooh......it's ok for a moderators to insinuate that a member is a fool???? Are u for real???Discrimination of the highest order!.....

My language is as good as mom's sarcasm :confused: why don't u mind your colleague!

Lets not push the issue. She is a little rude but she helps us a lot with valuable advice about the whole thing... For free. Some people arent very good with sugarcoating stuff.

Lets give credit where it is due.

Wooh......it's ok for a moderators to insinuate that a member is a fool???? Are u for real???Discrimination of the highest order!.....

My language is as good as mom's sarcasm :confused: why don't u mind your colleague!

Some friendly advice : If you're going to live in the US, best you learn now that saying things like "a kick in the balls" IS considered rude, whereas sarcasm is, well, sarcasm but not rude.

I am also of the opinion that Sm1sMom can be a little rude at times. I think what you guys fail to understand is while you have been at the lottery game for years now, some of us only started following since May 2014, so we really are pretty green at it and we make mistakes in our judgement. We assume that what works in our country will work everywhere. While this is wrong and misleading, it is better to correct someone politely like Britsimon or SusieQQQ.

Simon, you should also understand where Sm1smom is coming from. If someone were to research on this forum and find your post, they may assume that in fact an affidavit may work for his Mpango wa Kando (Mistress). Neither we nor the moderators know for sure the final results and at the end of the day, we will give our opinions and leave it to the applicant, lets not fight over our OPINIONS.

In other news, I hope the bulletin will jump by 10000 next month. I am considering starting a prayer chain on this site.... Hell, if prayer is so powerful, I think I'll just pray for every region to go current and everyone goes green. (Said in Jest. DO NOT SCOLD ME).
Sure prayer is and has always been powerful, the number may not go up as such but prayers give hope where there seems to be none.thanks a lot for your input and observation.

I am also of the opinion that Sm1sMom can be a little rude at times. I think what you guys fail to understand is while you have been at the lottery game for years now, some of us only started following since May 2014, so we really are pretty green at it and we make mistakes in our judgement. We assume that what works in our country will work everywhere. While this is wrong and misleading, it is better to correct someone politely like Britsimon or SusieQQQ.

Simon, you should also understand where Sm1smom is coming from. If someone were to research on this forum and find your post, they may assume that in fact an affidavit may work for his Mpango wa Kando (Mistress). Neither we nor the moderators know for sure the final results and at the end of the day, we will give our opinions and leave it to the applicant, lets not fight over our OPINIONS.

In other news, I hope the bulletin will jump by 10000 next month. I am considering starting a prayer chain on this site.... Hell, if prayer is so powerful, I think I'll just pray for every region to go current and everyone goes green. (Said in Jest. DO NOT SCOLD ME).
Sure prayer is and has always been powerful, the number may not go up as such but prayers give hope where there seems to be none.thanks a lot for your input and observation.

asked to provide.....birth cert...police clearance cert.....primary n high school cert....passport

questions:.....raise your right hand and swear that the info given is the truth......

Thanks @DADA, let the info...flow

Am surprised and shocked...

@Simon u have supportive to everyone who asked u a question concerning dv ,i spoked with my host (my aunt) she is willing to accomodate me ,the longer i will stay her house ,thanks simon for challenging me to search for a host,God will bless u

@Simon u have supportive to everyone who asked u a question concerning dv ,i spoked with my host (my aunt) she is willing to accommodate me ,the longer i will stay her house ,thanks Simon for challenging me to search for a host,God will bless u
Good to hear that;Its always good to initiate things as by doing so ,you have the liberty to maneuver things as opposed to when your say is limited.I could have linked you to a friend or look for other alternative ways- had you not succeeded.Start planning and plan well-if possible come with good cash as your money givers you more freedom to chose and manage your schedules for you don't become a burden to your host.

its okay to agree to disagree on an issue....kindly lets move on to helping people who realy need the advice and if people have issues with each other kindly inbox each other note that this forum will be a great help for guys for dv 2016....its okay to have issues with someone but dont catch feelings considering most of us have never met befor and might never meet.....dont forget the whole reason why we r hea....so we forgive each other and move on.....

Congratulation victor

Anybody who has had their interviews in Nairobi and has been asked for the affidavit of support/bank statements etc