• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

I have a little problem with your atithmetic , unless the two jobs run concurrently which is unlikely. I assume you are talking about two shifts, one at 13$/hr and the other at 11$/hr. the average of that is 12$/hr.
You need to figure out if you are not better off foregoing one shift for school and rest.
I get your point :If you read my earlier post the second job is where the secret is- and don't want to use the word canning-its where you work for a stress free job,not demanding just watching over your clients and ( group homes jobs is where hours are broken- (3hours here-5 hours there).We also have managers in this group homes so-a manager/supervisor works here for 3 hrs shift to the other group home works for 5 hrs (now 1+1=2) didn't want to pre-empt am also learning...Just answer the questions I had asked before about group homes...

Am still learning how...may be to paraphrase it;Is it true or possible that some work for 16 hours,if yes,how.Still a puzzle to me ..That's why I talked about the pattern they follow is Unknown to me.During the first gathering almost all attendees had 2 jobs...Let me set foot on one job to learn the other

THere are some jobs where people will do back to back shifts (medical jobs can be like that for instance). Some jobs specifically limit that (like truck drivers have to take mandatory breaks). However, some people could have one full time job and take a second "part time" job.

THere are some jobs where people will do back to back shifts (medical jobs can be like that for instance). Some jobs specifically limit that (like truck drivers have to take mandatory breaks). However, some people could have one full time job and take a second "part time" job.
CORRECT,CORRECT now brits..am just posting what I have observed without adding any salt and everyone must dictate his path and be the captain of his/her destiny..American life is really a MYSTERY and only those who who are bale to OPEN SESAME DOOR lives happily

Am in the USA ,today I have spent almost 10 hrs on a computer- 8 hours in this forum-NO PAY CHEQUE at the end of the day.
Now I initially said am not working and would want to work,but what I have been doing is worth $11x8=$88
Now who is willing to pay me $88 spent on this forum to move to the other shift-I have some more 8hrs to go...
My host will come here worth 8hrs richer but for me NO DOLLAR:
Any way my GOD PAYS HANDSOMELY AND NOTHING COMPARABLE TO WHAT HE HAS PUT IN ME(paid me here on earth and awaiting my crown in heaven for giving hope to His creation-This whats great commission is all about.
There comes a time like this when....Numbers 13:1-14...bible..The LORD said to Moses, 2"Send some men to explore the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the Israelites. From each ancestral tribe send one of its leaders
Moses sent out 12 spies, one from each tribe.
Caleb and Joshua brought back a good report of the land but, because the other 10 spies brought back a bad report, the people did not want to enter the promised land. As a result, the Israelites stayed another 37 years in the desert before entering the promised land.

Caleb was 40 years old when he went in as one of the 12 spies. Only he and Joshua brought back good reports about the land they had seen.

The report that came back was the food was good but the people that live there now were very tall.

Remember that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob had lived in the land of Canaan over 400 years earlier.
http://www.bibleview.org/en/Bible/Moses/12Spies/

Halleluya, halleluya, halleluya,Hallelu, halleluyaaaaaaaaa aaa My My SSN is here with me halleluyaaaaaaaaa.
The host just opened the mail box and what...SSN....GOD has just answered my prayer and goodwill wishes from people close to my heart.
Thank you forum ates

Me to had the same problem.i don't have a close relative in the USA and the many(former greencard selectees) I knew never had their contacts.Your case might be current in July 2015 and hence don't trouble yourself so much since you can fill the ds 260 at least 3 months( Feb,March..) before the current month.But, if you must do it now,I will request a friend of mine to host you since he previously hosted another person with the same problem and he has offered to do so.(kindly note that there is absolutely NO strings attached).By the I can only do that if you are from Kenya?

Hello Simon,

Which state your friend live in? I got issues struggling to find host bwana!

Halleluya, halleluya, halleluya,Hallelu, halleluyaaaaaaaaa aaa My My SSN is here with me halleluyaaaaaaaaa.
The host just opened the mail box and what...SSN....GOD has just answered my prayer and goodwill wishes from people close to my heart.
Thank you forum ates

Congrats Simon, I am happy for you. Waiting to hear more experience from you now that you are about to enter the world of work.
Otherwise you have been very resourceful and may God give you the very best.

Thank you forum ates

At last you can now go to work and start a life in Us. Congtatulatioons

(Luckily your prayers were aligned with normal USCIS and SSN processes.)

But happy for you simon, now you can go get that job, hope it goes well!
My worry was that I paid the USCIS fee 4 days after POE and hence was not very sure when the processing starts.
Its now clear to me that processing of SSN is triggered by your presence and not payment
Thanks @susie-I will call them this morning to book an appointment..

Last edited:
Hello Simon,..

Which state your friend live in? I got issues struggling to find host bwana!
The host issue should not disturb you at the moment as your interview might be scheduled in July 2015.Get in touch bro...I will be there for you.Lets cross the bridge when we reach there...

The host issue should not disturb you at the moment as your interview might be scheduled in July 2015.Get in touch bro...I will be there for you.Lets cross the bridge when we reach there...

Thanks bro,
It's a big headache on my side bro.... Thanks for willing to assist in case I don't find anyone...! How to get in touch with you bro?

my cn is AF52xxx when is my interview?
i dont have anyone in USA to host me can somebody assist me please even to linked me with some in any state

Thanks bro,
It's a big headache on my side bro.... Thanks for willing to assist in case I don't find anyone...! How to get in touch with you bro?
Will give you my phone number soon...I promised you help while in Kenya...now am here...and I have No doubt my FAITH & my BLUE PRINT are aligned .Trust in God,up your faith and all will be well.

my cn is AF52xxx when is my interview?
i dont have anyone in USA to host me can somebody assist me please even to linked me with some in any state
If you read my earlier post,I also had NONE,my CN was very low and had to fill DS 260.You knpw what:-I just helped a certain old mama (now the mother of my host) filling ds 160(Non-Immigrant)she wanted to travel to the USA to see her grandchild,she was denied twice out-out of anger she vowed to link me to his children since I had NO host in mind and to surprise more,the host paid all my family medical kshs 120,000/= or $1,348 or $1,662 and the Interview fee kshs 148,000/= and I was to refund the money after relocating and settling in USA (this is unbelievable)those who came for my farewell @pascaline @jules can attest to this.However,since I had a property to sell and the property was valued 5 times what they had given me, I just transferred ownership to the host 2 days before I left for US the help was not pegged on my property I just decided to do it.
AFTER THEY PAID FOR MEthe said amount ITS WHEN I CHANGED the FOLLOW-TO-JOIN Visa process.
I have given my personal story so that your faith may be increased and NOT to rely on human promises...,count me in in your case.I will do whats necessary and a per my ability...

Last edited:
@Simon,I have read your testimony n for sure God works in a miraculous way. N his thoughts are not our thoughts. He makes a way where there seems to be no way.he will bless u even more

If you read my earlier post,I also had NONE,my CN was very low and had to fill DS 260.You knpw what:-I just helped a certain old mama (now the mother of my host) filling ds 160(Non-Immigrant)she wanted to travel to the USA to see her grandchild,she was denied twice out-out of anger she vowed to link me to his children since I had NO host in mind and to surprise more,the host paid all my family medical kshs 120,000/= or $1,348 or $1,662 and the Interview fee kshs 148,000/= and I was to refund the money after relocating and settling in USA (this is unbelievable)those who came for my farewell @pascaline @jules can attest to this.However,since I had a property to sell and the property was valued 5 times what they had given me, I just transferred ownership to the host 2 days before I left for US the help was not pegged on my property I just decided to do it.
AFTER THEY PAID FOR MEthe said amount ITS WHEN I CHANGED the FOLLOW-TO-JOIN Visa process.
I have given my personal story so that your faith may be increased and NOT to rely on human promises...,count me in in your case.I will do whats necessary and a per my ability...
I Can for sure second This. Simon your story Is very encouraging. Congratulations on your developments, we thank God.

I Can for sure second This. Simon your story Is very encouraging. Congratulations on your developments, we thank God.
Hi pasaris...why the silence....
I have just called the place I initially gone for interview and have scheduled my interview tomorrow at 9.am.I have have faith they will pick me...pray for me.
I just want member to know its possible to get a job within the very shortest time possible 10+ days after POE and SSN.This will help current and future selectees on planning and strategising.