• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 changing DS-260 from AOS to CP

It occurs to me, not knowing anything about your immigration status beyond the information you provided above, that the issue you may be facing in respect to DV AoS is related to a tangible risk of your H1-B application to be possibly declined before you have a chance to file DV AoS, in which case you would have no basis to do so at that time. You mentioned that your original H1-B status expired in September 2015, i.e. 13 months ago? Have you been working since then?

Thank you for your reply.

No I don't. That is why I really want to switch the process to CP. I couldn't expect
it is taking that long and my lawyer is helpless. They always say all you can do is to wait...

Now I think I don't even need H-1B renewal if I can really switch to CP and the green card in Japan even if it takes several months.

So I wanted to know if my understanding is correct.

Thank you for your reply.

No I don't. That is why I really want to switch the process to CP. I couldn't expect
it is taking that long and my lawyer is helpless. They always say all you can do is to wait...

Now I think I don't even need H-1B renewal if I can really switch to CP and the green card in Japan even if it takes several months.

So I wanted to know if my understanding is correct.
Yes, I agree, given the uncertainty of your legal status in the US, I see your best way forward at this stage as informing KCC of your intention to switch from DV AoS to CP processing in your home country asap, so that additional preparatory CP processing will start asap. You will need to pay DV fees again at the US Consulate in Japan.

Yes, I agree, given the uncertainty of your legal status in the US, I see your best way forward at this stage as informing KCC of your intention to switch from DV AoS to CP processing in your home country asap, so that additional preparatory CP processing will start asap. You will need to pay DV fees again at the US Consulate in Japan.

Yes I am ready to pay the fee again.

I am still thinking how much I should explain my case to KCC for details though..

I appreciate your opinion.

I am still thinking how much I should explain my case to KCC for details though..

You don't need to explain anything to KCC, just tell them you want to switch.

No explanation required. Just email KCC and request them to unlock your DS260 form, following which you need to update your home address. Once you resubmit the email, email KCC to let them know you're switching from AOS to CP.

KCC is a service provider for the US Consulate network - you don't need to explain anything, they would not know what to do with this (rather complex) information you would be seeking to share with them. As suggested by Sm1smom above, the process includes the following: 1. request to unlock, 2. change address to home country 3. E-Mail to KCC to separately inform them of this change with AoS --> CP request in writing 4. Repeated follow-up to make sure things are working as expected. Good luck!

No explanation required. Just email KCC and request them to unlock your DS260 form, following which you need to update your home address. Once you resubmit the email, email KCC to let them know you're switching from AOS to CP.

Thank you for your advice.

I will do so.

KCC is a service provider for the US Consulate network - you don't need to explain anything, they would not know what to do with this (rather complex) information you would be seeking to share with them. As suggested by Sm1smom above, the process includes the following: 1. request to unlock, 2. change address to home country 3. E-Mail to KCC to separately inform them of this change with AoS --> CP request in writing 4. Repeated follow-up to make sure things are working as expected. Good luck!

Okay I will ask them to unlock first.

I really appreciate it!

Hello,

I have unlocked the DS-260 and am trying to change the "Present address" from USA to home country.

Is it really okay to change the present address only?

I am wondering what I should do with the previous address,previous U.S. Travel iformation and
how precisely it have to be consistent.

If I change the present address to home country, my current address in the US should be previous address?
and I have to add the current stay info to previous U.S. Travel information?

However, if I change the above, there is a discrepancy with my passport record...

Or I don't need to be that sensitive and just can change the present address to home country?

I appreciate your advice.

This is a very old questions but it's actual for me now. It looks like it's better to go with CP for me because my work is contract based and my company can transfer me to another project (and another city) in the middle of the next year. As far as I understand when you go DV process with USCIS you should be attached to the same office.

I already chose USCIS in DS-260 and signed these forms. Now I need to unlock them and change to CP. But in this case I don't know what to put there. The questions above are very actual.
Thank you!