• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I think you should try and time it so you go into labor during the interview. They couldn't possibly refuse you if that happens hahaha ;-)

[To clarify - that was a joke!]

Best of the best of luck to you! It seems stressful now, but imagine how wonderful it'll be once you have a green card and a new child all at once :)

And very inspiring story Mom! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, everyone. I understand nothing should be more precious and important than my baby. We'll check with our doctor and decide how we should deal with this matter. Hope we'll overcome this challenge and tell you guys a happy ending soon!

It has been 15 days after my Biometrics done. I have not received my interview letter yet. Do you guys think I should schedule an infopass appointment to check whats going on? Few people who had biometrics around my time has already received interview letter (Base on timeline in this forum). This forum has always been helpful for me.
Thanks

Jawan14

Hello Mom,
I had my biometrics on 1ST June and I am still waiting for my interview letter. What should I do so as to speed the process? I am scared that the visa for Nepal might finish by the time I get my interview. Thanks.

Hello,
CN: 2015AS56**
Current: June
Status shown online: At NVC
Biometrics date: 1ST June 2015
Biometrics location: Norfolk, East Virginia
I am waiting for my interview and I called USCIS and they told me that the Field Office where my interview will happen is processing cases of September so I have to wait for like 6-7 months before I can hear anything from them.I am scared that by the time i get my interview all the visas for Nepal will finish. I tried explaining them that this case will be abandoned after sept so they told me they do not know what I was saying. So what should I do next? Should I wait for my interview letter? Or is there something that I can do? Thanks in advance. All the help shall be appreciated.

Last edited:
It has been 15 days after my Biometrics done. I have not received my interview letter yet. Do you guys think I should schedule an infopass appointment to check whats going on? Few people who had biometrics around my time has already received interview letter (Base on timeline in this forum). This forum has always been helpful for me.
Thanks

Jawan14

IL is FO dependent, you can't really go by the timeline of others who did bio around the same time as you, unless of course you all fall under the jurisdiction of the same FO. You can schedule an INFOPASS, just be aware it may end up not achieving anything at this stage, but no harm in trying.

Hello Mom,
I had my biometrics on 1ST June and I am still waiting for my interview letter. What should I do so as to speed the process? I am scared that the visa for Nepal might finish by the time I get my interview. Thanks.

Like I responded above, IL is FO dependent. Most of the time, the delay has nothing to do with when the bio was completed. You can attempt an INFOPASS, but note what I said above about the possibility of it not leading to much at this stage.

Hello,
CN: 2015AS56**
Current: June
Status shown online: At NVC
Biometrics date: 1ST June 2015
Biometrics location: Norfolk, East Virginia
I am waiting for my interview and I called USCIS and they told me that the Field Office where my interview will happen is processing cases of September so I have to wait for like 6-7 months before I can hear anything from them.I am scared that by the time i get my interview all the visas for Nepal will finish. I tried explaining them that this case will be abandoned after sept so they told me they do not know what I was saying. So what should I do next? Should I wait for my interview letter? Or is there something that I can do? Thanks in advance. All the help shall be appreciated.

I've said it over and over again, the timeline from USCIS is not applicable to DV based AOS cases. They will continue to tell you guys the same information just like your received when you called them, that's why we've created the timeline spreadsheet here for people to look at past DV based AOS cases handled by their FO and get a better understanding of how long their FO is likely to take before scheduling them for their interview.

I've said it over and over again, the timeline from USCIS is not applicable to DV based AOS cases. They will continue to tell you guys the same information just like your received when you called them, that's why we've created the timeline spreadsheet here for people to look at past DV based AOS cases handled by their FO and get a better understanding of how long their FO is likely to take before scheduling them for their interview.
Correct, no doubt. In respect to his specific concern, is there a concrete risk for AOS cases that Nepal DV availability might run out before he will get a chance for his interview or do they hold a "reserve" in order to level the playing field, given that he and other Nepalese AOS candidates have become Current quite a while ago? Maybe the question is naïve, just asking...

Correct, no doubt. In respect to his specific concern, is there a concrete risk for AOS cases that Nepal DV availability might run out before he will get a chance for his interview or do they hold a "reserve" in order to level the playing field, given that he and other Nepalese AOS candidates have become Current quite a while ago? Maybe the question is naïve, just asking...

Current a while ago? The OP's CN is current from June 1st, today is June 22nd, so that doesn't seem like a while ago to me. It's not much different from other cases that equally became current on June 1st, except of course for the possibility of the Nepalese quota being maximized. That's one of the risks people with higher CNs and who are from regions with higher number of selectee's are faced with when they opt to process AOS unfortunately. USCIS does not treat their case any different AFAIK. As to your question whether there's a "concrete risk" of visas running out for DV based AOS Nepalese cases, my answer is 'I don't know'

Current a while ago? The OP's CN is current from June 1st, today is June 22nd, so that doesn't seem like a while ago to me. It's not much different from other cases that equally became current on June 1st, except of course for the possibility of the Nepalese quota being maximized. That's one of the risks people with higher CNs and who are from regions with higher number of selectee's are faced with when they opt to process AOS unfortunately. USCIS does not treat their case any different AFAIK. As to your question whether there's a "concrete risk" of visas running out for DV based AOS Nepalese cases, my answer is 'I don't know'
You are right of course, he became Current in June. I simply wondered whether he could possibly face a higher risk resulting from a (potentially) later interview date in July or August, as compared to a June CP interview date. Then again, KCC limits CN progress for Nepal not necessarily available AS visa quota, hence he theoretically should not be facing a distinct disadvantage from a later interview date, as long as DV AS visa numbers themselves won't run out, should he? Just thinking aloud...

Last edited:
You are right of course, he became Current in June. I simply wondered whether he could possibly face a higher risk resulting from a (potentially) later interview date in July or August, as compared to a June CP interview date. Then again, KCC limits CN progress for Nepal not necessarily available AS visa quota, hence he theoretically should not be facing a distinct disadvantage from a later interview date, as long as DV AS visa numbers themselves won't run out, should he? Just thinking aloud...

Yep, that is correct, or I should say, that's what I also think.

I am wondering how do we know if AS visa number run out? I am current in March and still waiting for interview...my # is 3879... Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Quick question. I'm preparing my AOS package, hoping to become current in the next VB. For the Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance. Should I include two forms: one for me and one for my spouse? or would it be only one form for the main applicant and that's it?

Thank you!

Guys please, let's not clutter this Thread with CEAC issue discussions, we have enough Threads in the forum dealing with that already. I do understand there are AOSers who are worried about visas running out, we none the less cannot allow that discussion to clog up this Thread as it is the only one dealing with the AOS process in general. I've had to move a couple of posts off the Thread as a result.

Hi Guys,

Quick question. I'm preparing my AOS package, hoping to become current in the next VB. For the Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance. Should I include two forms: one for me and one for my spouse? or would it be only one form for the main applicant and that's it?

Thank you!

You should include the G-1145 for each person if you want to be notified of each petition's acceptance.

I had my interview today. They didn't ask to see any of the originals, and just asked me the whole sleuth of "are you a terrorist/prostitute/weapons dealer/Communist" kind of questions, and also confirmed my information on my DS-260. She said I basically got it, but they're waiting for my DV package from the visa center to be forwarded to them before they can approve it. Does anyone know what that is? I'm guessing I shouldn't be too worried, especially since it's out of my hands. I'll worry if I don't get anything by August.

Also, if anyone is interviewing, don't be surprised by the whole raise right hand up, "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" at the beginning. I was surprised and oscillated between a simple "Yes" and the very cliched "I do". I went with the latter, I can now say I had a TV-like moment!

Hello Everyone,

Both my wife and myself sent the AOS packet together. Both of us included the G-11445 E notification forms. My wife got an email, but I dint. I am the principal applicant. Should I be worried?

Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

Both my wife and myself sent the AOS packet together. Both of us included the G-11445 E notification forms. My wife got an email, but I dint. I am the principal applicant. Should I be worried?

Thanks.
You should get it soon. I dont think you need to be worried.