• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I don't understand this question in part 3 I-485 form;
Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration officer? Yes or no
Thanks

Last edited:
I don't understand this question in part 3 I-485 form;
Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration officer? Yes or no
Thanks

Did you enter legally through a border post ( in which case yes an immigration officer inspected you on entry) or illegally sneak in (in which case, no).

Congratulations on being current. NO, your questions are not stupid, it is better to ask questions and get the needed guidance than for your application to get denied or returned due to some minor error that could have been avoided. To answer your questions:

1. It is better to write 4 checks, one per person.

2. You may do so if you like, but I personally think it's irrelevant.

3. That should be fine.

4. Everyone must have the G-1145 form

5. Even though children under 14 will not be doing finger prints, they still need to submit the G-325 form with their application. They will still go to the biometric appointment to get their pictures taken, so make sure you include the form for your kids.
Mom and friends, i feel more and more confused so guys please send me your experience for children; is the G-325 should be submit with the file to Chicago Lock box or not? it is free.
thanks for your help

Last edited:
Mom and friends, i feel more and more confused so guys please send me your experience for children; is the G-325 should be submit with the file to Chicago Lock box or not? it is free.
thanks for your help

Didn't we already go over this? Kids under 14 are not required to submit G-325
  1. Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet

You must submit a completed Form G-325A if you are between 14 and 79 years of age.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Soo, apparently my H1B was approved, got the notice from work yesterday. My interview is Thursday and I doubt I'll be getting the confirmation paper for that by then. What do I do? Also, hopefully I get the green card, can I then abandon the H1B (and what happens to abandoned H1Bs, does anyone here know)?

Technically speaking, you will not be abandoning the H1B visa. Following the approval of your AOS petition, USCIS will cancel your H1B visa, they will send you a notice saying it has been cancelled or something like that.

Hi,
I did no on this but i enetered legally in student visa !! Is it a big isssue?

Wrong option to have selected. If the IO is good enough and pays attention to details, he/she will ask you about this. Then you will have the opportunity of explaining yourself and making the necessary correction.

However, if the IO somehow over looks this and doesn't say anything about it, it's in your best interest to point this out and request to make the necessary correction. Failure to do so can come back and hunt you years down the road.

Thank you, I will try to call USCIS and edit it if possible.

I doubt calling USCIS can yield any positive outcome. They cannot make changes to your form on your behalf, that is a legal document. You can only make changes to it, once submitted, in person.

I doubt calling USCIS can yield any positive outcome. They cannot make changes to your form on your behalf, that is a legal document. You can only make changes to it, once submitted, in person.
HI, thanks mom,
I called USCIS, he said he made a note for the change for the option. He said, it is not something major and they can always look into my records for it. I just thought the inspection was something else. I have seen and known some people being heavily inspected at the port and for some reason I thought that was it :( Anyway, I will do as you have suggested in the interview. Thanks a lot.

I am again overthinking this, but I need a sounding board....

Should I bring copies of everything even if I put them in the envelope I sent them already? Including copies of the forms (I485, I693, G-325A)?

The paper I got from them says "a completed for I-693 and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope unless already submitted". What's the vaccination supplement? Are both of these in the sealed envelope I already submitted.

It also talks about the Affidavit of Support... I don't have a sponsor (because DV lottery), but I am bringing my own bank statements and employment letter, so I hope that will be OK?

Pay stubs for the past 2 months: I'm bringing, March, April, May and June (I only have 1 in June), is that OK?

Am I missing something important? What should I wear? Can I wear capris? Or should I go business-casual?

Thank you all so much, and especially @Sm1smom!

Last edited:
Soo, apparently my H1B was approved, got the notice from work yesterday. My interview is Thursday and I doubt I'll be getting the confirmation paper for that by then. What do I do? Also, hopefully I get the green card, can I then abandon the H1B (and what happens to abandoned H1Bs, does anyone here know)?

Same thing happened to me. Once I told my employer I had the GC (they've known all along), they said they could go through a procedure to withdraw the H1-B petition from USCIS. Hopefully the H1-B visa number can be re-used for someone else. So just let them know when you finally have your GC.

HI, thanks mom,
I called USCIS, he said he made a note for the change for the option. He said, it is not something major and they can always look into my records for it. I just thought the inspection was something else. I have seen and known some people being heavily inspected at the port and for some reason I thought that was it :( Anyway, I will do as you have suggested in the interview. Thanks a lot.

Ok. Just make sure you personally follow up on it at the time of your interview.

I am again overthinking this, but I need a sounding board....

Should I bring copies of everything even if I put them in the envelope I sent them already? Including copies of the forms (I485, I693, G-325A)?

The paper I got from them says "a completed for I-693 and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope unless already submitted". What's the vaccination supplement? Are both of these in the sealed envelope I already submitted.

It also talks about the Affidavit of Support... I don't have a sponsor (because DV lottery), but I am bringing my own bank statements and employment letter, so I hope that will be OK?

Pay stubs for the past 2 months: I'm bringing, March, April, May and June (I only have 1 in June), is that OK?

Am I missing something important? What should I wear? Can I wear capris? Or should I go business-casual?

Thank you all so much, and especially @Sm1smom!

- Original of all the supporting documents. Doesn't hurt to have copies on hand too. No need for copies of the already submitted forms (but since it's not going to cost anything extra to take them along and you already have them, nothing wrong with taking them along). Better to be over prepared than get caught off guard.

- Sounds like your IL is a genetic one, don't stress too much about the wordings. Take along your copy of the I-693 as a just in case document.

- Should hopefully be fine with your financial documents.

- What whatever you're comfortable in. As long as you're not looking tattered or unkempt, (and whatever you're wearing isn't displaying anything that could be termed derogatory or offensive), you should be fine.