• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Mom I just checked my Email and I noticed that I received the AOS letter from KCC two weeks ago. Thank you for telling me that. Based on this new information, what do you think is the next step for me?

Good! That means KCC has noted your desire to change to AOS. Now, you need to spend some time going over the AOS spreadsheet (link below). It has a step by step guidance of what needs to be done:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=5

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
1. I don't have my HS degree. In fact, I have a Master degree in Civil Engineering in 1999. I started a bachelor in Law in 2010, then I came to US as A Humphry fellow (Fullbright Scholarship). I was in J1 visa. I come back to my country for the two years. I complete only 2 years and started the 3rd one, and come back to USA for Master degree. My university in my country is keeping my HS degree. I have here only a copy of my home country's Master. Do you have any suggestions, please?

Isn't the HS Diploma for your personal record? I don't understand why another institution will be holding on to the original copy of a Diploma issued by your high school.

I'm not sure what you should do other than try to get back the Diploma. Of course the IO may not request to see the HS Diploma, in view of the fact that you have some higher degrees from the U.S. But we do know of cases where they've insisted on seeing the HS Diploma itself.

Great!.
I went over the spreadsheet. I have some questions about it:

1- In CS process we must do Hepatitis shots and the others as well, what kind of vaccines we must do for AOS?
2- My wife (Main Applicant) didn't have her diploma and she just has her Bachelor degree certificate. Would it be enough?
3- For Affidavit of support or Bank Statement, how much money we need to have in our account? Meanwhile, I have $17000 assistantship per year.

Great!.
I went over the spreadsheet. I have some questions about it:

1- In CS process we must do Hepatitis shots and the others as well, what kind of vaccines we must do for AOS?
2- My wife (Main Applicant) didn't have her diploma and she just has her Bachelor degree certificate. Would it be enough?
3- For Affidavit of support or Bank Statement, how much money we need to have in our account? Meanwhile, I have $17000 assistantship per year.

1. Answer available of the spreadsheet
2. I just answered the post above yours regarding this question - send for the Diploma. Some IO's have insisted on seeing the actual HS Diploma itself.
3. If you can show proof of an annual income of roughly $20K for 2 people, you may be fine. Otherwise, look for someone to fill out an I-134 form for you as a back up plan. The possibility of being asked to present an affidavit of support is higher for people on student visas.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is the way it works in my country. Public universities hold you HS until you finish or you leave the university or college.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is the way it works in my country. Public universities hold you HS until you finish or you leave the university or college.

Well, since you've left the college, shouldn't you be able to get back your HS Diploma from them then?

I'm sorry I gave no idea as to how long it takes KCC to send over the case file or how they send the file, as a matter of fact. Now, I do know the phone reps sometimes give conflicting response on the phone. I would still suggest you give KCC a call, asking again if your FO has requested for your case file, if yes, ask when was the request made. Depending on the response, ask how long it takes for the file to get sent/when do they think yours would be sent.
They said that file was requested on May 1st. That makes sense as my interview was on April 30th. Regarding sending date they start to talk about no information and another department. they assumed that I call Friday - probably will be some new information, but do I have any options other then just to call them every week?

Hi Mom,
I am feeling lucky to have you helping us to get through the AOS process.
I got selected for DV2015. My number is 2015AF54xxx. I am praying it will be current by September.
I am currently here in USA ,me and my husband as F1 visa. I completed my Master on May 2015 and applied for OPT. I am still waiting for USCIS reply. My Husband is still studying. We got married May 2014, and by the time we got a son born on February 2015. My questions are:
1. For education, the master degree from my University will be sufficient or should I show my home country diploma and high school degree.
2. Is it the same for my husband?
3. For the baby, we got help from MassHealth insurance and we are receiving help from WIC because we don't have income. Will that influence our process for the AOS.
4.We don't have income now to prove, we borrow money from friends. I am waiting for my OPT to start a job. Will it be sufficient for the financial support. If I have to show some money in my account would it help? and how much deposit should I put?
5. For the birth certificate, I have one dated on June 2014 with translation. Is it true that we should have one for less that 3 months? I should ask my family to send me a new one from my country.

Thank you MOM
What is WIC means?

They said that file was requested on May 1st. That makes sense as my interview was on April 30th. Regarding sending date they start to talk about no information and another department. they assumed that I call Friday - probably will be some new information, but do I have any options other then just to call them every week?

When were you given this information? Today?

I couldn't find anyone in the U.S. to fill out an I-134 form for me. According to the fact that I have $17000 salary per year, do you think that I can show them a bank statement besides my salary and that would be enough. How much money do you think should be in my account?

Hello Mom

First of all THANK YOU! I can't imagine what would happen to me without your helps.

I ask my father's friend to fill out form I-134. Here are my questions:

1-What is difference between I-864 and I-134?

2-The form is partially typed and the rest is printed. (I completed part 3 and asked him to fill out the rest. Since he lives in another state, he completed filling out the form and mail it to me). Is it going to make any trouble?

3-He sent me the filled form and these two supporting evidence. Are they enough?

Attachments

• 11354913_875718749167673_226710180_n.jpg
    11354913_875718749167673_226710180_n.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 11280541_875718745834340_767383868_n.jpg
    11280541_875718745834340_767383868_n.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find anyone in the U.S. to fill out an I-134 form for me. According to the fact that I have $17000 salary per year, do you think that I can show them a bank statement besides my salary and that would be enough. How much money do you think should be in my account?

You can present your bank statement plus an employment verification letter, and keep your fingers crossed hoping they will not ask for an affidavit of support when you show up for your interview.

Hello Mom

First of all THANK YOU! I can't imagine what would happen to me without your helps.

I ask my father's friend to fill out form I-134. Here are my questions:

1-What is difference between I-864 and I-134?

2-The form is partially typed and the rest is printed. (I completed part 3 and asked him to fill out the rest. Since he lives in another state, he completed filling out the form and mail it to me). Is it going to make any trouble?

3-He sent me the filled form and these two supporting evidence. Are they enough?

I-864 is used for family based GC petitions, it's much more enforceable and legally binding on the sponsor. I-134 is used for DV based GC petitions (amongst a few others), it's not legally binding nor enforceable on the sponsor.

Not quite sure precisely what those 2 attached documents are. What he basically needs as supporting documents are a copy of his ID card - copy of US passport or GC, and a copy of his W2. If he wants to include his bank statement, that's fine, but it has to be his personal bank account not a company or business account.

Thank you very much Mom.

So, can I ask him to Email me the image of his passport and W2? That would be enough?
What about the form? It's half printed and half typed.Is it OK?