• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

and the passport i moved the us with that was expired and I got a new passport from my country, my I94 is based on my expired passport, in the passport section i should put the information of my new passport or my expired passport?

in the passport section in DS260, i should put my previous passport number or my new passport number? my I94 is based on my expired passport, and after that I got another passport from my country. now I do not know I should put the expired pasport number that my I94 is based on the, or my new passport number, could you please answer this question as well? thanks alot

Thanks for your answer Mom @Sm1smom :) I have another question. We were putting the documents together for our interview and my husband could not find his "IRS certified tax returns print-out". Although, he has the copies of his tax return forms that he filled for each year along with w-2s. He thinks that he has included the certified tax return print-outs in AOS package but he's not 100% sure. Are the tax return forms going to be enough or does he need to have IRS certified tax return print-outs?

We're very worried that this might cause a delay in the process :(

Stop stressing, go with what you have on hand. You'll be fine.

Hi Mom,
My salary well above the minimum poverty guideline, and no dependents. I have my employement letter too. Should I still get an I-134 filled out?
Thanks

I certainly can't tell you the I-134 is a must document. It's basically a back up financial document. With income well above the required minimum poverty guideline level, the IO may be satisfied with the employment paper, or may still request for an affidavit of support. Part of what they consider is whether the job is an ongoing one or not, whether it's simply an OPT job with no guarantee of it being continued, how long one has had the job for, how well above the poverty level that income is, e.t.c. It's a personal call you'll gave to make.

HI Mom,
Thanks, there is little space to type all three, is it okay if i type the recent one and write the remaining with a pen after I print out? What do you suggest? ALso, when I applied for opt extension the i-765 form was slightly different. They have a new version now. So send the latest new version of the form right? Thanks

You should be consistent with filing out the form, you either type everything on the firm, or you hand write the entire form.

Of course, you obviously should use the most recent version of the form you see on the USCIS website.

Sm1smom, i think this is my last question about my DS260, :) while I am a student with F1 visa nad I have social security number, for question "do you need a new card issued?" I should say yes or no?

It really does what you pick. KCC will not be processing the form like they do for CP cases, and I don't think USCIS will be submitting a SSN application on your behalf. You can always go back to the SSA office after getting your GC to apply for a replacement SSN yourself.

in the passport section in DS260, i should put my previous passport number or my new passport number? my I94 is based on my expired passport, and after that I got another passport from my country. now I do not know I should put the expired pasport number that my I94 is based on the, or my new passport number, could you please answer this question as well? thanks alot

New passport number

I certainly can't tell you the I-134 is a must document. It's basically a back up financial document. With income well above the required minimum poverty guideline level, the IO may be satisfied with the employment paper, or may still request for an affidavit of support. Part of what they consider is whether the job is an ongoing one or not, whether it's simply an OPT job with no guarantee of it being continued, how long one has had the job for, how well above the poverty level that income is, e.t.c. It's a personal call you'll gave to make.
Thanks!

Dear Mom,
FOr the employement letter, I was thinking of hire letter that i have. Now I will ask my employer for an employment verification letter. What are the important information that should be included in the letter? Thanks

Dear Mom,
FOr the employement letter, I was thinking of hire letter that i have. Now I will ask my employer for an employment verification letter. What are the important information that should be included in the letter? Thanks
Hi, I just got the reply from my employer, she asked me to give her an outline and she will prepare the letter. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi Mom, how much time does it takes for KCC to sent case to FO?
It's been almost 5 weeks after our interview and our file wasn't still sent to FO(but was requested 2-3 weeks ago), any ways to push it?

Dear Mom,

Hi, I just got the reply from my employer, she asked me to give her an outline and she will prepare the letter. Any suggestions?
Thanks

The employment verification letter is just a basic letter on the company's letter head confirming you're their employee, your start date, job position and current annual income. Below is a link to a sample/template your employer can use:

http://www.path2usa.com/employment-verification-letter-for-us-visa

Hi Mom, how much time does it takes for KCC to sent case to FO?
It's been almost 5 weeks after our interview and our file wasn't still sent to FO(but was requested 2-3 weeks ago), any ways to push it?

I'm sorry I gave no idea as to how long it takes KCC to send over the case file or how they send the file, as a matter of fact. Now, I do know the phone reps sometimes give conflicting response on the phone. I would still suggest you give KCC a call, asking again if your FO has requested for your case file, if yes, ask when was the request made. Depending on the response, ask how long it takes for the file to get sent/when do they think yours would be sent.

Hi Mom, I am a new member here, I am happy that I can finally find a well developed Forum that I can find all the information about AOS. However, I think my wife and I have the rarest and the most complicate case here because of the following items:
My wife won the lottery 2015 when we were in Iran (my home country). We filled out the form (DS-260) in Iran and I applied for CP. Before wining the lottery and fill out the forms I applied for one of the universities in the US. But I was not sure that I can get admission to that university. that's why I chose to be interviewed in Turkey, Ankara (we don't have US embassy in our country). After filling DS-260 form and submitting it I got admission from one of the universities and now I am in the US with F1 and my wife F2 Visa. I asked KCC for unlocking DS-260 but I cannot change the location of interview. I just could change my current address which was somewhere in the US. My wife's case number is 78xx ad I think we will be current within 10 days.
Base of the above information what should I do now? I didn't receive 2nd NL from KCC. I emailed them. But they said you should wait until you become current. Before that I explain my situation to them and they send me the following email:

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may no longer be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact the USCIS website uscis.gov to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office by using INFO Pass. When contacting your local CIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to view the current case numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. If the CIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person directly to the Department of State. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. If you are not approved for your visa or are not granted an interview, this fee cannot be refunded to you under any circumstances. Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.

I know that it is very complicate but I am very stressed because of this situation. I appreciate if you can help me and tell me what should I do now to increase my chance to get Green Card.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Mom, I am a new member here, I am happy that I can finally find a well developed Forum that I can find all the information about AOS. However, I think my wife and I have the rarest and the most complicate case here because of the following items:
My wife won the lottery 2015 when we were in Iran (my home country). We filled out the form (DS-260) in Iran and I applied for CP. Before wining the lottery and fill out the forms I applied for one of the universities in the US. But I was not sure that I can get admission to that university. that's why I chose to be interviewed in Turkey, Ankara (we don't have US embassy in our country). After filling DS-260 form and submitting it I got admission from one of the universities and now I am in the US with F1 and my wife F2 Visa. I asked KCC for unlocking DS-260 but I cannot change the location of interview. I just could change my current address which was somewhere in the US. My wife's case number is 78xx ad I think we will be current within 10 days.
Base of the above information what should I do now? I didn't receive 2nd NL from KCC. I emailed them. But they said you should wait until you become current. Before that I explain my situation to them and they send me the following email:

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may no longer be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact the USCIS website uscis.gov to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office by using INFO Pass. When contacting your local CIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to view the current case numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. If the CIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person directly to the Department of State. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. If you are not approved for your visa or are not granted an interview, this fee cannot be refunded to you under any circumstances. Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.

I know that it is very complicate but I am very stressed because of this situation. I appreciate if you can help me and tell me what should I do now to increase my chance to get Green Card.

Thank you in advance.

If your CN is set to become current in August (the VB which is expected to be released in the next couple of days), there's the possibility it might be too late to change from CP to AOS (of course I don't know for certain). That's because KCC is already in the process of scheduling your interview appointment and getting ready to send over your case file to Turkey. However if you're able to contact KCC to let them know you want to change to AOS and they're able to confirm that change before your case file gets sent, then you will be able to process AOS and wouldn't need to leave the U.S. for your interview.

I don't know of anything I can tell you to help you "increase" your chance, but one thing that may help you make your final decision as to whether to change to AOS or continue with CP is the fact you could be stuck on AP if you were to go to Ankara for the CP interview (since you're from Iran), and once you're on AP you will not be able to return to the U.S. to continue with your studies. With AOS, even if you're placed on AP pending background clearance, you still get to continue with your studies for the time being.

So what you want to do right now, if you want to give AOS a shot, is to email KCC right away telling them you wish to change to AOS, you can't make that change on your DS-260 form yourself. Then follow up by giving them a call, to ensure your case file doesn't get sent to Ankara, but would be available for when your FO requests it.

Hi Mom,
I am feeling lucky to have you helping us to get through the AOS process.
I got selected for DV2015. My number is 2015AF54xxx. I am praying it will be current by September.
I am currently here in USA ,me and my husband as F1 visa. I completed my Master on May 2015 and applied for OPT. I am still waiting for USCIS reply. My Husband is still studying. We got married May 2014, and by the time we got a son born on February 2015. My questions are:
1. For education, the master degree from my University will be sufficient or should I show my home country diploma and high school degree.
2. Is it the same for my husband?
3. For the baby, we got help from MassHealth insurance and we are receiving help from WIC because we don't have income. Will that influence our process for the AOS.
4.We don't have income now to prove, we borrow money from friends. I am waiting for my OPT to start a job. Will it be sufficient for the financial support. If I have to show some money in my account would it help? and how much deposit should I put?
5. For the birth certificate, I have one dated on June 2014 with translation. Is it true that we should have one for less that 3 months? I should ask my family to send me a new one from my country.

Thank you MOM

Hi Mom,
I am feeling lucky to have you helping us to get through the AOS process.
I got selected for DV2015. My number is 2015AF54xxx. I am praying it will be current by September.
I am currently here in USA ,me and my husband as F1 visa. I completed my Master on May 2015 and applied for OPT. I am still waiting for USCIS reply. My Husband is still studying. We got married May 2014, and by the time we got a son born on February 2015. My questions are:
1. For education, the master degree from my University will be sufficient or should I show my home country diploma and high school degree.
2. Is it the same for my husband?
3. For the baby, we got help from MassHealth insurance and we are receiving help from WIC because we don't have income. Will that influence our process for the AOS.
4.We don't have income now to prove, we borrow money from friends. I am waiting for my OPT to start a job. Will it be sufficient for the financial support. If I have to show some money in my account would it help? and how much deposit should I put?
5. For the birth certificate, I have one dated on June 2014 with translation. Is it true that we should have one for less that 3 months? I should ask my family to send me a new one from my country.

Thank you MOM

Congratulations on the DV selection, marriage, baby, and the successful completion of your Masters program. To answer your questions:

1. You need to make sure you have your HS Diploma, if the Diploma is not in English, you'll need to get it translated.
2. You're the main selectee, your husband isn't required to present educational qualifications.
3. No, it will not impact your AOS petition.
4. You will need to find someone to provide you with form I-134 (affidavit of support) to show you will not become a public charge.
5. Not true. Date of issue on the B/C doesn't matter.

Mom I just checked my Email and I noticed that I received the AOS letter from KCC two weeks ago. Thank you for telling me that. Based on this new information, what do you think is the next step for me?

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
1. I don't have my HS degree. In fact, I have a Master degree in Civil Engineering in 1999. I started a bachelor in Law in 2010, then I came to US as A Humphry fellow (Fullbright Scholarship). I was in J1 visa. I come back to my country for the two years. I complete only 2 years and started the 3rd one, and come back to USA for Master degree. My university in my country is keeping my HS degree. I have here only a copy of my home country's Master. Do you have any suggestions, please?