• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I found about my selection at the time the case numbers came out the first day last year. I am in F1 visa (I am a graduate student) and I am doing research, so I work for the university and I get stipend monthly. and I paid all taxes every year.

Okay. To answer your question:

Hi, could you please let me know how can I change my address, because when I put the information in the lottery DV, I put my work office address, but now I want to put my home address?

Going forward, you need to start using your home address. So on the DS-260 form, put your current home address in the address section. On the form you will be using to make your DV payment, put your current home address also.

Then when the time comes to fill out your I-484 and other AOS forms, put your current home address also.

Hi Sm1smom,
My question is about i-765. For the eligibility category, ques 16, is it (c)(9)?
And for Q 11- Have you applied for EAD before,
I have applied for EAD 3 times, one after finishing Bachelor's degree, and it was granted. Once after fininsing MAster's degree and granted. Recently,
I applied for opt extention on May 1, so I do not know if I am granted or not yet. What should i write? pending?
So should I include the latest one (opt extension) or all 3?
Thanks!

HI Sm1som,
Another question,
What is the minimum yeary income such that the affadavit of support is not required? Also, what about the bank statement? Any minimum amount of money that should be there? Just a rough estimation? I think I am good without an affidavit of support so checking with you. THanks!

Hello Mom

Today, I went to Health Department, and after answer to bunch of questions I was given this letter. Please tell me Mom am I eligible to apply for AoS?
I've had bad weekend, I feel so bad:(View attachment 516
After seeing your story I decided to get checked ASAP. I m 2016 winner so I have time if something like this happens. In 2011 I did do a skin test which was negative at the time. But since then I worked with model bacteria strain which causes TB. I m afraid I might have a falls positive because of that. So I schedule an appointment with my primary care to do some blood work.

Guys,

I received an appointment notice for Biometrics. It is on June 10th but I have have already signed up for a meeting, which is out of my town. I do not want to delay my application process by rescheduling but I am available before the date. As I read timelines, I understood that walk-in can also be done for biometrics. What is the process of walk-in: just go there and explain situation or there is anything we need to do before showing up there. Any experience or advice?

Jawan 14.

Hi Sm1smom,
My question is about i-765. For the eligibility category, ques 16, is it (c)(9)?
And for Q 11- Have you applied for EAD before,
I have applied for EAD 3 times, one after finishing Bachelor's degree, and it was granted. Once after fininsing MAster's degree and granted. Recently,
I applied for opt extention on May 1, so I do not know if I am granted or not yet. What should i write? pending?
So should I include the latest one (opt extension) or all 3?
Thanks!

List all 3, for the last one write 'pending' under the 'Result'. And yes, eligibility category is (C)(9)

HI Sm1som,
Another question,
What is the minimum yeary income such that the affadavit of support is not required? Also, what about the bank statement? Any minimum amount of money that should be there? Just a rough estimation? I think I am good without an affidavit of support so checking with you. THanks!

According to the 2015 minimum income poverty guideline requirement, the required annual income should be roughly $20,000 for one person. However I strongly recommend for those on F/M visas in particular to seriously look into getting an I-134 filled out.

Guys,

I received an appointment notice for Biometrics. It is on June 10th but I have have already signed up for a meeting, which is out of my town. I do not want to delay my application process by rescheduling but I am available before the date. As I read timelines, I understood that walk-in can also be done for biometrics. What is the process of walk-in: just go there and explain situation or there is anything we need to do before showing up there. Any experience or advice?

Jawan 14.

People typically just walk in (like the name says) and hand over their bio notice with no explanation with the hope that it gets accepted with no question asked. However, in your case, if asked or if told to come back on your assigned date (like they sometimes tell people), politely tell them you will be out of town on that day and request them to kindly accept your case. Go with the evidence of your scheduled trip and present it only if asked. They could very well tell you to come back the day before your trip or they could attend to you right away. What ever you do, DO NOT call the listed number and request for a new date.

According to the 2015 minimum income poverty guideline requirement, the required annual income should be roughly $20,000 for one person. However I strongly recommend for those on F/M visas in particular to seriously look into getting an I-134 filled out.
Mom what about if someone on OPT and works but still under F1 status with a postdoc job with $42000 salary with 1 dependent (no kids). Do we still need to get an I-134 filled

Last edited:
I have a question in DS260 FORM, IN SECURITY AND BACKGROUND TAB,in answer to all question we should say (NO) and if we select (YES) we should explain, but just for this question is different, the question is:
"Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?"
in answer of this questions if we select (NO) then we should explain. why just this question is different with others.
when I got my F1 visa, I did some vaccination based on the rule of the university. So i think i should select (YES), but i am concern why this question is different. also at the top of the page mentioned " Are any of the following applicable to you? A YES answer does not automatically signify ineligibility for a visa.Please note that should you answer Yes to any of the following questions, you may be requested to provide documentation to support your explanation."

could you please help me in this case?

Mom what about if someone on OPT and works but still under F1 status with a postdoc job with $42000 salary with 1 dependent (no kids). Do we still need to get an I-134 filled

An I-134 may not be required in such a situation. Just make sure you're able to present an employment verification letter to that effect.

and another question, in DS260, while now I am a student and living in the USA with F1 visa , in the section "previous us travel information" for the question "have you ever been in the usa" I should select yes or no?

I have a question in DS260 FORM, IN SECURITY AND BACKGROUND TAB,in answer to all question we should say (NO) and if we select (YES) we should explain, but just for this question is different, the question is:
"Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?"
in answer of this questions if we select (NO) then we should explain. why just this question is different with others.
when I got my F1 visa, I did some vaccination based on the rule of the university. So i think i should select (YES), but i am concern why this question is different. also at the top of the page mentioned " Are any of the following applicable to you? A YES answer does not automatically signify ineligibility for a visa.Please note that should you answer Yes to any of the following questions, you may be requested to provide documentation to support your explanation."

could you please help me in this case?

Since you've already completed the AOS medical exam, it's okay to answer "Yes" to this question about receiving the required vaccinations in your case.

and another question, in DS260, while now I am a student and living in the USA with F1 visa , in the section "previous us travel information" for the question "have you ever been in the usa" I should select yes or no?

Answer 'Yes'

Sm1smom I am sorry for my sequence question, because Iam going to complete my DS260 ASAP.

1-If I select yes for "have you been in the us?" the i should select yes or no for "were you issued alien registration number by department of homeland security", i do not know any thing about this number. I have social security number but I have no idea about this number.

2-for length of stay, so i should select the years i arrived to united states until now that i am still in the usa?

3-in the social security tab, for the question "do you authorize disclosure of information from this form to home land security and ......." i should select yes or no?

I really appreciateeeeeeeeeeeeeee for your useful help?

Sm1smom I am sorry for my sequence question, because Iam going to complete my DS260 ASAP.

1-If I select yes for "have you been in the us?" the i should select yes or no for "were you issued alien registration number by department of homeland security", i do not know any thing about this number. I have social security number but I have no idea about this number.

2-for length of stay, so i should select the years i arrived to united states until now that i am still in the usa?

3-in the social security tab, for the question "do you authorize disclosure of information from this form to home land security and ......." i should select yes or no?

I really appreciateeeeeeeeeeeeeee for your useful help?

1. Have you been in the U.S. question - yes. Alien #: No

2. Yes

3. Yes

Thanks for your answer Mom @Sm1smom :) I have another question. We were putting the documents together for our interview and my husband could not find his "IRS certified tax returns print-out". Although, he has the copies of his tax return forms that he filled for each year along with w-2s. He thinks that he has included the certified tax return print-outs in AOS package but he's not 100% sure. Are the tax return forms going to be enough or does he need to have IRS certified tax return print-outs?

We're very worried that this might cause a delay in the process :(

Last edited:
Hi Mom,
My salary well above the minimum poverty guideline, and no dependents. I have my employement letter too. Should I still get an I-134 filled out?
Thanks

List all 3, for the last one write 'pending' under the 'Result'. And yes, eligibility category is (C)(9)
HI Mom,
Thanks, there is little space to type all three, is it okay if i type the recent one and write the remaining with a pen after I print out? What do you suggest? ALso, when I applied for opt extension the i-765 form was slightly different. They have a new version now. So send the latest new version of the form right? Thanks

Sm1smom, i think this is my last question about my DS260, :) while I am a student with F1 visa nad I have social security number, for question "do you need a new card issued?" I should say yes or no?