• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

If you're certain your lawyer knows everything and knows what she's doing, then why are you worried and concerned? You certainly don't need us if you feel she knows what she's doing.
I should correct my sentences here, I meant from "because I think my lawyer now everything and know what she is doing." was because I thought my lawyer knew everything aspect of my file, and now I know she did not and just postponed my process.

I interpreted that as meaning, the poster had been trusting the lawyer believing she knew everything but since finding the forum is now worried. (I know this wasn't exactly what the post said but that was how I read it from a non-native speaker) It didn't sound to me like anything has been filed or paid?
yes, you are exactly correct and interpret my sentences correctly. I was typing with hurry so I did not write correctly. I though my lawyer know every thing from A TO Z better than everyone, because this is her job. and know when last night I talked with one of my friend and read the posts here I made sure she is wrong. she fight several times from 6 month ago when I was telling here I should complete the DS260, she always yelling me and telling me why you do not understand and how many times I should tell you, DS 260 is for counselor purposes and I485 is for adjustment of states. and I always was hesitate about this subject because is some sites I read we should fill out DS260. Now I do not know what should I do? even when she saw I am insist that I am correct told me go and take another lawyer if you are not going to believe me.

yes, you are exactly correct and interpret my sentences correctly. I was typing with hurry so I did not write correctly. I though my lawyer know every thing from A TO Z better than everyone, because this is her job. and know when last night I talked with one of my friend and read the posts here I made sure she is wrong. she fight several times from 6 month ago when I was telling here I should complete the DS260, she always yelling me and telling me why you do not understand and how many times I should tell you, DS 260 is for counselor purposes and I485 is for adjustment of states. and I always was hesitate about this subject because is some sites I read we should fill out DS260. Now I do not know what should I do? even when she saw I am insist that I am correct told me go and take another lawyer if you are not going to believe me.

Ditch the lawyer and wait for sm1smom to tell you the best way to proceed from here...

********************************************************************************************************
in answer to your questions:
I found last year and because I was sensetive to this subject and it was very important for me I hired a lawyer. and my number did not get current yet. I am from Iran, ASIA with case number around 8100, I did not complete my DS20 and I did not pay yet BASED ON MY LAWYER ADVISE. and I have done medical exam. I guess my case number will get current this month for AUG, do you think now it is not too late??????????????? I never ever though maybe a lawyer doing in immigrant area even do not know the first steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I see. For some reason I thought your previous post indicated your CN as AF8100 (not sure how that came about, sorry about that).

A couple of questions before we proceed any further: where you already in the U.S. when you found out about your DV selection? Since being on F1 visa, have you ever undertaken any form of unauthorized employment?

We're more than happy to help you with the process, so you need to start by sending in your $330 DV administrative fee. You need the receipt from that payment to be included with your I-485 package. Go ahead and complete the DS-260 form, don't worry if you don't receive the 2NL from KCC after submitting the form, they're probably busy trying to cope with the DS forms from 2016 selectees. Spend some time going over the AOS spreadsheet, get a good understanding of the step by step process listed on it - several selectees have successfully relied on it and used to get their GC approvals. Get your documents together, if you have documents in a foreign language, get them translated into English. Then get ready to submit your package when your CN becomes current.

p.s. Fire your lawyer, ask for a prorated refund. She may be good with immigration cases in general, DV based AOS cases are not quite common and most immigration lawyers have no clue about it.

I interpreted that as meaning, the poster had been trusting the lawyer believing she knew everything but since finding the forum is now worried. (I know this wasn't exactly what the post said but that was how I read it from a non-native speaker) It didn't sound to me like anything has been filed or paid?

Thanks for the clarification.

I am very worry because I think my number will get current in 10th of june for AUG, because numbers for JULY already mentioned in the bulletin visa. My concern is NOW IT IS NOT LATE?????????????

You have a 20/80% chance. They may ask for the HS Diploma, they may not. More often than not with AOS cases, much emphasis isn't placed on the exact HS graduation requirement.

Hi Mom, I was the one asking about HS diploma. If I wanna show my 2 years work experience, does non-paid CPT or internship works? I understand about the job zone from U.S. Department of Labor and what else I have to show the IO?? Thanks!

I am very worry because I think my number will get current in 10th of june for AUG, because numbers for JULY already mentioned in the bulletin visa. My concern is NOW IT IS NOT LATE?????????????

Yes I'm aware of how the VB works, and I would have told you upfront if there's no hope for your case. Spend less time worrying and more doing what needs to be done.

Hi Mom, I was the one asking about HS diploma. If I wanna show my 2 years work experience, does non-paid CPT or internship works? I understand about the job zone from U.S. Department of Labor and what else I have to show the IO?? Thanks!

The truth is most IOs are not too familiar with DV cases, focus has always been on educational qualifications for AOS cases if they bother to pay due diligence to the petitioner's qualifications to start with. So I'm not too sure if they will be going into the details of qualification based on work experience.

You don't have to have your interview only in the month you become current, it can be any time from then until end September.

Hi, could you please let me know how can I change my address, because when I put the information in the lottery DV, I put my work office address, but now I want to put my home address?

Hi, could you please let me know how can I change my address, because when I put the information in the lottery DV, I put my work office address, but now I want to put my home address?

Did you see the questions I asked in my previous post?

Hello Mom

Today, I went to Health Department, and after answer to bunch of questions I was given this letter. Please tell me Mom am I eligible to apply for AoS?
I've had bad weekend, I feel so bad:(11281848_874157072657174_1907659664_n.jpg

I do not see any question? could you please repeat your question.

Oh, I see. For some reason I thought your previous post indicated your CN as AF8100 (not sure how that came about, sorry about that).

A couple of questions before we proceed any further: where you already in the U.S. when you found out about your DV selection? Since being on F1 visa, have you ever undertaken any form of unauthorized employment?

See bolded text above.

Hello Mom

Today, I went to Health Department, and after answer to bunch of questions I was given this letter. Please tell me Mom am I eligible to apply for AoS?
I've had bad weekend, I feel so bad:(View attachment 516

This is good news. Take it back to your doctor, be sure to keep a legible copy for yourself. Your doctor should be able to complete your medical report based on this. You're good to go :)

I found about my selection at the time the case numbers came out the first day last year. I am in F1 visa (I am a graduate student) and I am doing research, so I work for the university and I get stipend monthly. and I paid all taxes every year.