• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Thanks a lot Mom.
If it's the case B1 TB, and I have to be treated, can I send my AoS package without Form I-693?
Then, in the interview time, I take the form?
I was possitive skin test result but the x-Ray showed negative and the doctor singed it and we also signed and sent it with AOS package.
He confirmed it's clear and no class a or b because we have the PCG vaccine in the past. He said no need for any Medicsl treatment.
It was our experience hope it helps.

Thank you
I wouldn't recommend that. Without the medical form, you stand the chance of the package being rejected as incomplete by the Chicago Lockbox or in the off chance that the Chicago Lockbox accepts it, the possibility of the petition being denied by your FO is quite high and you will loose your $1075 AOS fee at that stage. Whatever you do, you want to make sure you include a signed medical form from your CS before sending in your I-485 package.
Thank you very much Mom. God bless you...

I was possitive skin test result but the x-Ray showed negative and the doctor singed it and we also signed and sent it with AOS package.
He confirmed it's clear and no class a or b because we have the PCG vaccine in the past. He said no need for any Medicsl treatment.

@paraaaaa has done both the skin test and the x-ray, the follow up x-ray shows a case of possible TB, not the same as your case.

Thank you so much!

Hi @Sm1smom. We finally recieved our interview letter on Friday. It's scheduled for this coming Wednesday, kinda short notice!

We will take the original of all the documents that we submitted for AOS but I was wondering if I need to get an enrollment registration from school as well? ( My husband is the DV selectee, not me). Also, he has his high school diploma with translation but I don't have it here, can this be an issue?

Our medical was done on 2/5/15. Is that still valid? I read something about it being valid only for 3 months.

Thank you for helping us through this process :)

Hi @Sm1smom. We finally recieved our interview letter on Friday. It's scheduled for this coming Wednesday, kinda short notice!

We will take the original of all the documents that we submitted for AOS but I was wondering if I need to get an enrollment registration from school as well? ( My husband is the DV selectee, not me). Also, he has his high school diploma with translation but I don't have it here, can this be an issue?

Our medical was done on 2/5/15. Is that still valid? I read something about it being valid only for 3 months.

Thank you for helping us through this process :)

Congratulations of getting the IL. Agreed the notice is short, but it's better to get it out of the way rather than getting the letter and having to wait 2 - 4 weeks for the interview date.

Not having the HS Diploma with its translation on hand could possibly be a problem, not sure why you guys never sent for it all these while. Some IOs have in the past, insisted on seeing the HS Diploma at the time of the interview. You obviously don't have enough time to get it now, so pray the IO doesn't ask for it.

Yes, not a bad idea to get an enrollment confirmation from your school to prove you're maintaining status. Not sure if your husband is here in the U.S. as your derivative, if he's here as a student also, he should equally get the enrollment verification letter too.

Starting from Mar. 1st 2015, medical is valid for 6 months (3 months in the case of petitioners with diagnosed medical issues), your medical should still be valid.

Hi, I have some questions and I am new to this website, i will appreciate if someone answer my question,

1- I Won diversity visa(2015)and my number is around 8100, and I live in the US,I am a student with a F1 visa. so I should go through adjustment of status. base on the google doc that attached here I should fill out the DS260, but I hired a lawyer and she tell me you should fill out form I485, I do not know this form is correct or the thing that my lawyer says.

Could you please help me, my lawyer insist that i should not fill out DS260, and this form belong to who is going to apply out of us, Now i understood i am behind my schedule and very worry because I think my lawyer now everything and know what she is doing. Do i have any chance or there is probability i loos my chance, my case number is around 8100

Congratulations of getting the IL. Agreed the notice is short, but it's better to get it out of the way rather than getting the letter and having to wait 2 - 4 weeks for the interview date.

Not having the HS Diploma with its translation on hand could possibly be a problem, not sure why you guys never sent for it all these while. Some IOs have in the past, insisted on seeing the HS Diploma at the time of the interview. You obviously don't have enough time to get it now, so pray the IO doesn't ask for it.

Yes, not a bad idea to get an enrollment confirmation from your school to prove you're maintaining status. Not sure if your husband is here in the U.S. as your derivative, if he's here as a student also, he should equally get the enrollment verification letter too.

Starting from Mar. 1st 2015, medical is valid for 6 months (3 months in the case of petitioners with diagnosed medical issues), your medical should still be valid.
Thanks for your fast reply Mom @Sm1smom ! My husband is the main applicant and I am the derivative. He is the DV lottery winner. We only asked for his HS diploma to be sent here since he was the main applicant. But we thought we do not need mine. Is HS diploma a requirement for the spouse too?

Sorry, I think I was not clear in my first post. My bad... Based on this link the derivative does not need to have HS diploma, only the principal applicant:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...are-selected/confirm-your-qualifications.html

Right @Sm1smom ? :)

Yes your previous post wasn't quite clear which is why I responded like I did. In view of the clarification you've since provided, then yes, you're not required to present your HS diploma. Only your husband, the main derivative is required to provide proof of his educational qualification.

Hi, I have some questions and I am new to this website, i will appreciate if someone answer my question,

1- I Won diversity visa(2015)and my number is around 8100, and I live in the US,I am a student with a F1 visa. so I should go through adjustment of status. base on the google doc that attached here I should fill out the DS260, but I hired a lawyer and she tell me you should fill out form I485, I do not know this form is correct or the thing that my lawyer says.

When did you find out you were a DV selectee? How come your AOS package hasn't been submitted considering the fact that your CN has been current for the past couple of months?

Anyway, the first thing we've always encouraged people to do here is to begin by filing out and submitting the DS260 form. We're aware of lawyers with little to sometimes no clear knowledge of the DV process telling people to not submit the DS260 form. Yes not submitting the form will not lead to an outright denial, but we believe it's part of the required steps and we've always encouraged people to do so. It's your call if you want to submit it or go by the advise of your lawyer.

Meanwhile, have you paid the DV administrative fee or that's yet to be done? Have you done your medical exam.

I think you need to take another look at the AOS spreadsheet you've already referenced above to know precisely what needs to be done and when. Don't seat back expecting your lawyer to drive this process for you, be sure to know what's involved and use it to push your lawyer along if you choose to retain her services.

Could you please help me, my lawyer insist that i should not fill out DS260, and this form belong to who is going to apply out of us, Now i understood i am behind my schedule and very worry because I think my lawyer now everything and know what she is doing. Do i have any chance or there is probability i loos my chance, my case number is around 8100

If you're certain your lawyer knows everything and knows what she's doing, then why are you worried and concerned? You certainly don't need us if you feel she knows what she's doing.

Dont listen to your lawyer every-time. Specially in DV cases. They also told me not to submit the DS260 now just wait. But I didnt listen to that

If you're certain your lawyer knows everything and knows what she's doing, then why are you worried and concerned? You certainly don't need us if you feel she knows what she's doing.

I interpreted that as meaning, the poster had been trusting the lawyer believing she knew everything but since finding the forum is now worried. (I know this wasn't exactly what the post said but that was how I read it from a non-native speaker) It didn't sound to me like anything has been filed or paid?

When did you find out you were a DV selectee? How come your AOS package hasn't been submitted considering the fact that your CN has been current for the past couple of months?

Anyway, the first thing we've always encouraged people to do here is to begin by filing out and submitting the DS260 form. We're aware of lawyers with little to sometimes no clear knowledge of the DV process telling people to not submit the DS260 form. Yes not submitting the form will not lead to an outright denial, but we believe it's part of the required steps and we've always encouraged people to do so. It's your call if you want to submit it or go by the advise of your lawyer.

Meanwhile, have you paid the DV administrative fee or that's yet to be done? Have you done your medical exam.

I think you need to take another look at the AOS spreadsheet you've already referenced above to know precisely what needs to be done and when. Don't seat back expecting your lawyer to drive this process for you, be sure to know what's involved and use it to push your lawyer along if you choose to retain her services.
********************************************************************************************************
in answer to your questions:
I found last year and because I was sensetive to this subject and it was very important for me I hired a lawyer. and my number did not get current yet. I am from Iran, ASIA with case number around 8100, I did not complete my DS20 and I did not pay yet BASED ON MY LAWYER ADVISE. and I have done medical exam. I guess my case number will get current this month for AUG, do you think now it is not too late??????????????? I never ever though maybe a lawyer doing in immigrant area even do not know the first steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!