• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Thanks Mom but i am not planning to go since Field officer in Boise has clearly told me that i do not need to go and my file is with him only. I just need to give him the approval letter of my wife. In INFOPASS they told her that i do not need to come. Hope this won't be an issue. He has given me the letter which says case will be approved once i present the approved letter of my wife to Boise Field office.

I guess it should be okay then if they already told her you don't need to attend. Since I personally believe in being over prepared, and if I was in your shoes, I would have opted to attend the interview with her, even if it means waiting around in the parking lot since they may not allow me to initially enter the building with her since my name isn't on the IL 'just in case'. But then I understand the fact that your file is at a different FO may make it unnecessary.

Keep your fingers crossed and hope she gets approved on the spot or shortly after her interview so that you can get your side also concluded.

Depends on the reason for the visa cancellation.
There were no official reasons announced. And that was going to be the first visit to US. Probably didn`t prove non-immigrant purpose of the trip. But 4 years later I got F1 visa. And because of that I suppose the reasons of tourist visa cancellations were not important.
Maybe you just know the reasons which can affect AOS approval?

Last edited:
There were no official reasons announced. And that was going to be the first visit to US. Probably didn`t prove non-immigrant purpose of the trip. But 4 years later I got F1 visa. Maybe you just know the reasons which can affect AOS approval?

I beg your pardon? What do you mean maybe I just don't the reasons that can affect AOS approval?

How I'm I supposed to assist if you're not forth coming with information? I find it weird that an already issued visa gets cancelled with no reason. You're not providing any information as to where the visa got cancelled - for instance, was it at the POE? by the embassy? and if yes, were you sent a cancellation notice or you where at the embassy in person when it got cancelled? - yet I'm supposed to look at my crystal ball and say whether it's likely to impact your AOS petition or not.

I beg your pardon? What do you mean maybe I just don't the reasons that can affect AOS approval?

How I'm I supposed to assist if you're not forth coming with information? I find it weird that an already issued visa gets cancelled with no reason. You're not providing any information as to where the visa got cancelled - for instance, was it at the POE? by the embassy? and if yes, were you sent a cancellation notice or you where at the embassy in person when it got cancelled? - yet I'm supposed to look at my crystal ball and say whether it's likely to impact your AOS petition or not.

No, the visa was not issued. The visa request was cancelled on the interview. It was in my home country in the embassy Lol
Those were going to be a tourist trips to my relatives in US, I also had an invitation letter from them. Sorry for such unclear question:)

No, the visa was not issued. The visa request was cancelled on the interview. It was in my home country in the embassy Lol
Those were going to be a tourist trips to my relatives in US, I also had an invitation letter from them. Sorry for such unclear question:)

Oh boy! o_O:rolleyes: What you had back then was a visa denial, not a visa cancellation. A visa that never got issued in the first place couldn't have been cancelled.

The denial of a NIV due to none or insufficient demonstration of a strong tie to your home country (which I believe is the reason for that denial) cannot impact an IV petition regardless of whether the petitioner is processing CP or AOS.

Hi guys, my number is current in February and I did my bio on 2/19 at Los Angeles. I called KCC today and they told me my FO still haven't requested my file yet. I also called USCIS they told me my AOS package arrived at my FO on 3/4. Would it be too early to schedule an info pass now? Cause seems like many ppl are having delay IL issue with LA field office. thanks!

Hi guys, my number is current in February and I did my bio on 2/19 at Los Angeles. I called KCC today and they told me my FO still haven't requested my file yet. I also called USCIS they told me my AOS package arrived at my FO on 3/4. Would it be too early to schedule an info pass now? Cause seems like many ppl are having delay IL issue with LA field office. thanks!

You may, no guarantee anything useful may come out of it because LA FOs are notorious for delayed interview like you rightly noted.

So, the April numbers are out and I didn't make it for May... (400 numbers off :( )
According to the new memo, I should be able to send my file to USCIS in April, presuming that the Visa Bulletin for April does have my number current in June, correct?
I'm beginning to slightly panic. Is there any news about how fast AOS cases are being currently processed (I'm not sure where to look)? Or does it depend on the field office (I am in MO)?

Thank you!

You may, no guarantee anything useful may come out of it because LA FOs are notorious for delayed interview like you rightly noted.
I agree. My first infopass was literally useless, waste of time and money. The second one on the other hand was pretty helpful. I got my IL in a week, dated the day of my infopass. So other than driving into downtown (which is a pain) and parking (which also is a pain) you have nothing to lose.

So, the April numbers are out and I didn't make it for May... (400 numbers off :( )
According to the new memo, I should be able to send my file to USCIS in April, presuming that the Visa Bulletin for April does have my number current in June, correct?
I'm beginning to slightly panic. Is there any news about how fast AOS cases are being currently processed (I'm not sure where to look)? Or does it depend on the field office (I am in MO)?

Thank you!
You can check that on the first page, AOS process link, timelines tab and 2015 link. I believe from Chicago lockbox receipt to interview is about 4-6 months right now, depending on the FO. Per @Sm1smom and @Britsimon they speed up closer to the end of the fiscal year.

Arrived in Hawaii and received the CPO notification!! :D:D:D This vacation will be extra wonderful now, thanks again to all for the help and support provided here, I personally would not have gotten very far without it!!

To those still waiting on IL specifically at NYC FO, according to tier 2 officer a couple days ago there is huge backlog for all cases (AOS, Citizenship etc) due to queens FO closing so do not despair they will get to your case eventually, keep doing info passes too.

Hello all, I have a query regarding Q#11 in the affidavit support form i-134. Since we (my family and I) are already living in the US, is it fine if the sponsor check "not intend" box in the Q#11? Thanks.

Hello all, I have a query regarding Q#11 in the affidavit support form i-134. Since we (my family and I) are already living in the US, is it fine if the sponsor check "not intend" box in the Q#11? Thanks.

Nope, not okay. The sponsor is still required to select the "I intend" option and describe what sort of support they're willing to provide you with if the affidavit is to be considered acceptable.

Mom!! I need help

My wife won DV lottery but she applied as single(We married before she won and after we played lottery) . We had applied I-485 together and we are in last stage for interview on March 31 but only she got the call for interview Not me :( .
I got my EAD, Biometric done though. Since I am a derivative , will I have an interview or once she gets through the interview I will get my GC too How will things turn up in my case ? I am currently in H1B visa.

Last edited:
Mom!! I need help

My wife won DV lottery but she applied as single(We married before she won and after we played lottery) . We had applied I-485 together and we are in last stage for interview on March 31 but only she got the call for interview Not me :( .
I got my EAD, Biometric done though. Since I am a derivative , will I have an interview or once she gets through the interview I will get my GC too How will things turn up in my case ? I am currently in H1B visa.

Okay, so your wife was called by the FO to inform her about her interview, no letter was sent/received? Which is your FO?

To answer your question, Interview instruction is typically directed at the main applicant, so it makes sense that you being the derivative wasn't contacted. You're however expected to attend the interview with her, both the main applicant and derivative(s) typically get approved together, unless there's an issue with the derivative's background check or something similar.

Okay, so your wife was called by the FO to inform her about her interview, no letter was sent/received? Which is your FO?

To answer your question, Interview instruction is typically directed at the main applicant, so it makes sense that you being the derivative wasn't contacted. You're however expected to attend the interview with her, both the main applicant and derivative(s) typically get approved together, unless there's an issue with the derivative's background check or something similar.

Thanks for the reply . Yes I think you are right .I will attend interview with my wife. Our FO is Lawrence,MA and my wife got a letter( I meant "called" for same ) for the interview yesterday.

Hey,

So I had my interview on the 10th of February (Chicago), it went fine, the FO said she was approving my case, although the form she handed me said it was being held for review, she could not hand me a form that said it was approved. She said you'll have your card in 2-3 weeks time. It'll be 5 weeks tomorrow since, and I haven't received any correspondence from USCIS. My case status is showing the Fingerprint stage (from back in November 2014). Sigh, why do they say 2-3 weeks when that isn't going to materialize.

Thanks for the reply . Yes I think you are right .I will attend interview with my wife. Our FO is Lawrence,MA and my wife got a letter( I meant "called" for same ) for the interview yesterday.

Oh I see. So you were not listed by name on the letter she got, and it does not state to come with her derivative(s) either?